• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Giving up on Pokemon (Pokemaniacs Anonymous)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Organize your time to play
2. Who cares if you do EVs or not, don't listen to those people that think EVs and IVs are only everything about the game, the main point Nintendo made these games was to have fun, not to worry about EVs 24/7
3. Who cares what other people think, don't listen to them

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Hey guys,

This is a very sad day...I have decided to give up on Pokemon after many years of battling...

Mainly my reasons for quitting are:
1. Playing the game is taking a huge chunk out of my day, so much so that I look at the clock and 3 hours have passed since I started playing!
2. The Pokemon on my team aren't exactly the best in the world (I have only just realised this), and I have no idea how to EV train or anything like that, making it feel like there is no point in trying to train...If I ever fought online on D/P, I would lose so badly...
3. At 20 years of age I feel like a complete loser to be playing Pokemon!

I might decide to come back to playing Pokemon in the future, but for now I'm putting the games away...

Is there anyone else out there that may be considering giving up Pokemon? Does anyone have any advice?

Regards,

Jamie

Aww, that sucks...
I'm like bugloverCody, i've only just learned about competitive battling and EV's and such... and that's pushed me onwards...
I thought I was a good battler...and my first go on Netbattle I suffered an...embarrassing defeat...I won't go into detail, but I under estimated my opponent...a LOT and was surprised when I was beaten... but it just made me more detirmined...(OH and Sim, open your mouth and you die >=D)

Seriously though i'm 17.. I still love Pokemon to death, and most of my friends know it...hell my Dad likes the anime (Diglett being his fave) and my GRANDAD watches it more then I do...he hates the new VA's and wants to campaign... So if ya think 20 is bad...

As for free time, don't be treating it like a chore... just work on it a little at a time... i'm raising all the pokemon to level 100 with good movesets and EV's and such...i've barely started and it'll take me a while, but it's fun when you've accomplished something.

All in all I can't change your mind, and if we could that'd make you seem fickle XD, I can only hope you come back one day and be better then ever.
Darkfall.

Flare the Pokemon Trainer

Fire Pokemon Trainer
I have also been considering it! I am 13, and I think that it is embarrising to play it!

~;390;

Status
Not open for further replies.