• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gladion & Lillie! Chasing a Father's Phantom!! (1070)

Hanto

Water Addiction
Guys...I though you would have already learned by now.
Yep, we already had a plethora of misleading openings. Entei in the Lily of Valley Conference, Froakie VS Lucario, Charizard VS Reshiram etc.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
This was a good episode that showcases the strengths of SM - good animation, good characterization, good character growth, and excellent music

Now if only this didn't happen once every 75 episodes...
“I didn’t watch the series.” The post.

Honestly can’t tell if trolling or just being edgy to appear cool.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Props to the anime for...trying to flesh out Mohn?

Not a fan that we had to sacrifice so much to get it though

(Trial Captains, Alolan Culture/Traditions, Ultra Recon Squad, Team Skull, 90% of the region because they only ever travel to specific random points on an island that are interchangeable with one another, which is barely a step up from the endless forests of previous regions...)

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I don't know why it bothers you if some people don't like SM as much as you do. SM has great episodes, but also things it has handled poorly especially about the main cast and pokemon. It's only marginally better than BW in that regard.
Maybe because individuals flood threads to trash SM as “payback?” And you’ve more or less admitted to this before? Why does people praising SM its animation, character development, side characters, formula and handling of Satoshi bother a minority of fans so much they feel the need to lash out not only here but via other spaces? Does it bother you that people dig a more flexible and flawed Satoshi? Because people love the PokeGirls of their own merits? That people love the series for its substance past flash and hype? That your ideology of what makes a good Pokemon series isn’t followed like a rule book?

I have no problem having open discussion about something when I can speak with a party that’s being critical of something in good faith but your posts are just episodes many times and if this was me a few years back I’d pick apart your “criticisms” and hard stop you right in your tracks but I just don’t care that much anymore. Bias is a strong thing, I don’t care to change your mind or make you look at something in a more neutral and fair light when you seem so dead set in your feelings on the matter. Irregardless that won’t stop many from still loving and enjoying it and praising it for its innovations and changes in the formula.

Sweetie, trust me I’ve criticized S&M and praised it fairly and in good faith, I just don’t see why S&M gets some of y’all so hot and bothered beyond shedding a worse light on the series before it. But to each his own~

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Good episode.

Of course Gladio has to get the honors of beating Hapu's strongest Pokemon, Golurk.

Lillie cut it pretty damn close mastering her z move right around the corner from the league. Although, Mallow hasn't mastered hers yet, so uh, yeah.... In hindsight, it's also weird that Sophocles mastered his before Lillie but whatever. There's more important things to worry about.

Zoroark, huh? And it being captured by Gladio of all people. Oh boy. It better partake in the league; otherwise, it doesn't have much use making its debut now. The timing is horrible, though. At least when Satoshi caught Gible it had several battles and training sessions. It's just going to have its power scaled to match the opponents'. However, while late as hell, i'm looking forward to a Zoroark being used in a league and by a recurring character, unlike what didn't happen at the Unova League.

Alright, writers, c'mon. Kukai got his goal, now let Satoshi get his this time. Eh, well, remotely in this case, since there isn't a Champion League for Satoshi to beat and become Pokemon Master. Still, don't give us another Alan nonsense, whether it be contradictory motivations, forced motivations to attempt justifying the opponent's victory, or winning purely because he's older and has more experience. Satoshi gave a Champion a run for her money (Diantha mega evolving her Pokemon, her ace at that, was the start of the serious battle, so yes), did well against Elite 4 members, and regularly beats older trainers in the form of gym leaders and other-characters, and we've seen pre-evolved Pokemon beat their fully evolved form enough times as well....

"Special Exhibition" match after the tournament is over. Okay... so confirmation Satoshi wins league but faces and loses the exhibition match is naturally my first theory. But damn would it be awkward as hell for the champion to lose to a non champion (who didn't even so much as enter the league. Or enter the island trials?). The first half of my theory should hold true, since no other character has as much motivation to fight Royal Mask as Satoshi from what I remember. Between how blatantly excited and fired up Torracat gets at Royal Mask merely being mentioned throughout the series, Torracat's rival actually being RM's Incineroar, the lack of a professional battle/rematch between the two if Satoshi weren't to become champion, among whatever else I left out, Satoshi should actually win this league.

Looking forward to the battles the guy with the Alakazam has (Fabu or whatever his name is), considering how overpowered he's come across the few times he was shown in action. And if James seriously enters oh gawd i'm scared that Bewear will possibly fight this time rather than take the crew back to the forest. That Pokemon is seriously broken. Like, screw Machamp, Turoh, Rypherior, and other other heavy weight, strong Pokemon, Bewear is in a tier of its own.

... Wait, I almost forgot about Satoshi's lack of a sixth Pokemon. Are they seriously going to take advantage of the potential fact that no battle will be 6v6 and thus not give him a 6th solely because of that? There's no way Satoshi is gong to pull something like Goodra and have that purple top mon return. I can't see him calling Oak for an old mon, as it would need to have relevance/purpose for being brought back... Satoshi doesn't own a Kanto native Pokemon with an alolan form. And there's really no way he can catch a Pokemon this late without it looking terrible. I've criticized the AG and naturally XY for being content with only having him reach bare minimum for party members, including exploiting Pikachu's presence, but they can't bother to complete the MC's team now, as of the 7th generation of the show? Pathetic. I am open to a couple of ideas and will keep watching, but outside XY they haven't cut it this close before (even in XY's case, Goodra had a Gym Battle and other battles under its name, unlike that purple top and more than likely a randomly wild Pokemon), so the outcome is concerning. (Again, I know im behind, and as implied, I've avoided spoilers up to this point.)

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Alright I’m watching last week’s Pokémon episode now

Then I’ll be all caught up for tomorrow!

“Hey Lillie, would it be alright if I touch it”

The stadium for the league is built!

Lusamine has arrived on her helicopter for the league!

Wtf is Umbreon doing with the Shiinotic

Nvm. Gladion said “not this one”, whatever that means

Oh he’s looking for a Zoroark

It has to do with his dad

Tbh idk why they dropped that storyline

A few months ago I thought Lillie and Gladion were going to searchfor their dad

Mallow is just now learning how do to Z moves! Mallow it’s too late! The ****ing league is starting!!!!

Why TF are they watching the opening ceremony on TV instead of BEING THERE

THE WINNER GETS TO FACE MASKED ROYAL

Lana is so into Incineroar lol

Even Faba and James want to enter now that they find out about the Masked Royal!

I think that Seel that’s staring at Gladion and Umbreon is the real Zoroark

And now it’s a Buneary

Wow! Magearna’s eyes are glowing!

A flashback to when Gladion’s Umbreon used to be an Eevee, and Lillie was a crying baby!

Gladion found his dad’s Zoroark! Is he gonna catch it?

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Gladion found his dad’s Zoroark! Is he gonna catch it?
Yes. And I don't consider this an actual spoiler seeing how in the JP it was shown in this episode that he did. In the post-episode PokéProblem segment, specifically. It shows him sending Zoroark out of a Dusk Ball (continuing the rather neat detail that all of his Pokémon are in different types of balls; Lycanroc in a Poké Ball, Silvally in a Premier Ball and Umbreon in a Heal Ball) and introducing it to the rest of his team.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
The Alola funny faces shenanigans continues and yet I would not consider them to be bad. Actually its kind of nice to see the show not take itself too seriously. Going the dark and emo route does not always work for certain series and genres. Team Rocket proves once again that they might have made better salespeople than villains but its all good. Sort of reminded me of the Magikarp sales guy from way back when.

Also a big episode for Lillie and her Ice Vulpix. I cant really say why but it seemed like they worked extra hard to get their Z move working. Not to mention it almost looked like the ancient pokemon was having some kind of mysterious reaction. The mystery deepens..