• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gladion & Silvally! The Confinement Mask!! (990)

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Silvally's moon entry as already mentioned by Darthlord7: Although its name was Type: Null at first, the boy who evolved it into this form gave it the name by which it is now known.

Though i agree that silvally is just type:null without its helmet, still the fact that the change in form is an evolution can't be denied.

When the helmet of type:null breaks off, it becomes silvally. The grey part on null's body also becomes white. Now will silvally become type:null again when helmet is again put on it?? Is de-evolution of a pokemon possible??

@knightwolf09: still the no. of evolution ash got in both series was equal - 7. Lol

Silvally is considered to be a legendary pokemon. I don't think ash will defeat it mid series. If ash has to defeat silvally, it will happen near the end only, possibly during the league.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I get that it was showing off Null's strength. I'm not asking for Ash to win at all. I'm talking about the fact that Gladion pointed Ash towards the Rockium-Z, then Ash had a bit of a hard time mastering it with Lycanroc, and yet it wasn't even used here at all from Ash's side. I'm not saying Gladion should have showed it, but rather Ash.
If I understood correctly what was going on, that battle was Ash's way of letting Gladion get to know him better, to answer Gladion's questions as to why Ash is so special. Ash isn't good with words; he communicates better through battle. Perhaps Ash saw no reason to use Continental Crush because that wasn't the point of the battle?

I meant prior to this episode. it just seems oddly convenient for a trait that was never shown before this episode to suddenly be introduced and made plot-relevant here despite Lycanroc being around for 10 episodes. If I missed a mention of it or show of it prior to this, I apologize, but I don't think I did.
IIRC, this is the first time we have seen any of Ash's Pokémon getting bathed in SM. The issue can't come up if the surrounding circumstances never arise. I thought the bath scene was a good enough explanation: Lycanroc clearly likes being bathed and getting clean, and it does not like getting muddy (which, as I explained in an earlier post, makes sense, if one considers that dried mud can be really itchy).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
So they have him calling it Silvally now... well at least it didn't evolve with only cameo appearances until now. I hope it can get at least one more action scene before that.

And Ash finally lost, I do hope he loses to somebody other than just Gladion though. Like a Kahuna...

Rajas

I get that it was showing off Null's strength. I'm not asking for Ash to win at all. I'm talking about the fact that Gladion pointed Ash towards the Rockium-Z, then Ash had a bit of a hard time mastering it with Lycanroc, and yet it wasn't even used here at all from Ash's side. I'm not saying Gladion should have showed it, but rather Ash.

I meant prior to this episode. it just seems oddly convenient for a trait that was never shown before this episode to suddenly be introduced and made plot-relevant here despite Lycanroc being around for 10 episodes. If I missed a mention of it or show of it prior to this, I apologize, but I don't think I did.

Ash had his Electrium Z crystal in his ring anyways so I guess it wouldn't have mattered lol.
As a Rockruff, it did not have any issue with being dirty, in fact it was dirty numerous times. They've never shown it getting dirty as a Lycanroc bar today, maybe it's just a build showing that numerous things will make it upset from this point forward, like today it was getting dirty after seeing everyone getting cleaned and it'll shift to something else. I mostly just want it to be stronger with it's anger, something that wasn't shown at all.

Epicocity

If I understood correctly what was going on, that battle was Ash's way of letting Gladion get to know him better, to answer Gladion's questions as to why Ash is so special. Ash isn't good with words; he communicates better through battle. Perhaps Ash saw no reason to use Continental Crush because that wasn't the point of the battle?

IIRC, this is the first time we have seen any of Ash's Pokémon getting bathed in SM. The issue can't come up if the surrounding circumstances never arise. I thought the bath scene was a good enough explanation: Lycanroc clearly likes being bathed and getting clean, and it does not like getting muddy (which, as I explained in an earlier post, makes sense, if one considers that dried mud can be really itchy).

I'm not arguing the intent of the battle, but considering that Lycanroc and Continental Crush began their "rivalry" (not sure we can call it that yet), one would think that answering the question of why he's special would involve that one thing that is fairly special.

But it's a battle...I mean, you're going to get dirty. Bathing should really have nothing to do with it and seems like a cheap reason to drive up tension; tension that wasn't even resolved by Ash. He did nothing the whole episode to prove he was special, really. That is my problem with it. The episode itself was decent, but everything surrounding the Ash/Gladion relationship just came out of nowhere and served as an unfortunate disconnect with what we've seen previously.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Ash had his Electrium Z crystal in his ring anyways so I guess it wouldn't have mattered lol.
As a Rockruff, it did not have any issue with being dirty, in fact it was dirty numerous times. They've never shown it getting dirty as a Lycanroc bar today, maybe it's just a build showing that numerous things will make it upset from this point forward, like today it was getting dirty after seeing everyone getting cleaned and it'll shift to something else. I mostly just want it to be stronger with it's anger, something that wasn't shown at all.
Well according to the lore on the official site for Midnight Lycanroc at least, its eyes being red have nothing to do with strength or power but simply its emotions (which are more volatile and passionate than Midday's). This may be true for Dusk Lycanroc too.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Silvally's moon entry as already mentioned by Darthlord7: Although its name was Type: Null at first, the boy who evolved it into this form gave it the name by which it is now known.

There is a problem there though.

Quote from Bulbapedia said:
Type: Null was created by Faba of the Aether Foundation to be an "Anti-UB Fighting life-form". Codenamed "Beast Killer", Type: Null was given cells taken from all known Pokémon types. This was done with the intention of giving it the ability to shift between types by holding a corresponding Memory, an ability originally inspired by the myths researched at Canalave Library. This ability led the Aether Foundation to give it the name Type: Full. Three known models of Type: Full were created, but all three rejected the RKS System and went berserk. After being subdued, the three Type: Full were given limiter helmets to lessen the effects of the RKS System's rejection and were put into permanent cryogenic stasis, and the "Beast Killer" project was deemed a failure, and their name changed to Type: Null. At some point before the events of Sun and Moon, Gladion was able to free one of the Type: Null, which he adopted as his own in the hopes of finding a way to undo the effects of the limiter helmet and allow it to use the RKS System.

Now based on this, what was first created was Type: Full (a.k.a., Silvally), and then later its powers were limited using that confinement helmet and it became Type: Null.

Then later Gladion trained one, and it was eventually able to break its own helmet and become Type: Full (a.k.a., Silvally) again.

noakai

Had we seen Lycanroc/Rockruff get groomed/bathed before though? I figured it wasn't simply getting dirty but rather it really liked how it looked newly cleaned and got angry to see that messed up so quickly. That is the circumstance is special, I doubt Lycanroc would be that bothered otherwise.

At the beginning of the episode, Lycanroc was extremely excited to get a bath and extremely pissed off when Litten ruined it. So it seems that it got really mad when it got thrown in the water and its nice coat was ruined again lol. I think it's a way for them to introduce a kinda "berserk" mode, but I'm not sure if they'll use it outside of this. Rockruff had issues with being aggressive before but it was supposedly because it was getting close to evolving; I wouldn't mind if they actually decided to make it being aggressive and hard to control an actual plot point. It threw a tantrum when it couldn't get the Z Move right too. But for all I know it's just a funny gag and won't pop up again.

As for Type:Null/Silvally, it's the same Pokemon before and after the helmet. Its power level goes up and down but it doesn't "evolve" in the sense that it changes bodies and becomes a new Pokemon. Maybe they should have changed it in the game so that you needed an item to change its actual form (take the helmet off) but that would have probably undercut the emotional arc they were going for there. I prefer that Gladion uses the real name he gave it as opposed to the science-y name it started out with but that's just me.

Last edited:

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
There is a problem there though.

Now based on this, what was first created was Type: Full (a.k.a., Silvally), and then later its powers were limited using that confinement helmet and it became Type: Null.

Then later Gladion trained one, and it was eventually able to break its own helmet and become Type: Full (a.k.a., Silvally) again.

On the other hand, i would say Type:full is what we could say type: null without its helmet. And silvally is its evolved form, different from them.

If you read the body description of silvally on bulbapedia from where you have got this quote, it has been clearly mentioned there that although silvally's body is nearly identical to type: null, still the colour of its fur and its tailfin changes from grey to silver and white respectively. However, the colour of type:full would have been grey only.

Further, silvally gets new ability and becomes the only pokemon thay can use multi-attack, an attack that type:null/full cannot use.

uber gon

Accept Change
Satoshi could always go for some L'Oreal for Lycanroc.

Rajas

Well according to the lore on the official site for Midnight Lycanroc at least, its eyes being red have nothing to do with strength or power but simply its emotions (which are more volatile and passionate than Midday's). This may be true for Dusk Lycanroc too.

I remember seeing that Dusk form eyes normally went red for attacks but seeing as Ash's own went red when enraged, I was hoping for something more that just being out of control. Normally when Ash has a Pokemon who loses control they end up having a power boost. That aside Lycanroc should not be Silvally's rival anyways.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The one thing I love about this episode is that is showed how Lycanroc still has a personality & some of the traits it used to have as a Rockruff, which is a problem a lot of Ash's fully evolved pokémon seem to have. I think the only other time I remember seeing this happening was with his Gliscor back in DP.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Finally saw this episode and it was pretty interesting. Dang, Ash’s Lycanroc is even worse than Serena’s Braxien when it comes to being clean but still, that was still entertaining to watch. So, Lillie’s fear of touching Pokemon is because of the Ultra Beasts. Makes me wonder how exactly Faba is involved because last weeks episode showed us that he is extremely shady and it wouldn’t surprise me if Lusamine is involved as well.

I enjoyed this episode. I don’t see this episode as a filler at all. 7/10

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I think my favorite part of this episode was how Cosmog looked happy when they teleported and fell on top of the Pinsir. The same goes for when they were running away from them. You're such a troll Nebby! :p

Anyway, was glad to finally see why Lillie is afraid of Pokemon. Being picked up by that UB and such, would freak me out too. I also like Gladion's reasoning for becoming a Trainer too, since he did witness what happened to Lillie (if I understood correctly).

The battle was cool as well. Dusk Lycanroc definitely gave me some Fenniken flashbacks (not liking to get dirty/muddy) and I also had some Chimchar rage flashbacks as well, when Ash was grabbing a hold of Dusk Lycanroc to try and calm it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
But Ash never beating his rival is also not good(which happened with Alain). I really hope it's different with Gladion.

Going to one extreme after another extreme fails is never a solution. In fact, it often causes more problems.

I like how Galdion has the audacity to ask why Ash is even special at all. I mean, I've been asking that for years.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Going to one extreme after another extreme fails is never a solution. In fact, it often causes more problems.

I like how Galdion has the audacity to ask why Ash is even special at all. I mean, I've been asking that for years.

Let's see...he's only saved the world about once a year for the past two decades and befriended almost every Legendary he met, he's been to at least six more regions than Gladion, he's physically incapable of aging, etc.

Rajas

Ash is pretty special, has fought with nearly every existing legendary for one. In fact it's a bit disappointing they never fully address it because seeing Ho-Oh was the kick starter for Ash being special, that whole Aura scenario in the movie with Lucario etc. Ash is the GOAT even if they have him be a clown in the league.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.

Because Ash's sense of (mostly blind) courage lets him take too much action and overwrites anyone else's, even the Champions'. If people were more daring than he was, he'd feel like an Average Joe.

He's your typical shonen hero protagonist for little kids. Said heroes must be academically challenged but not too much, get into the lives of everyone they meet, do reckless moves, get bruises, and laugh by sunset.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
If I had to guess why Faba is fearing Lillie touching Pokémon it's because she can expose the Aether Foundation. Lusamine is already insane and have been studying Ni... whatever since her husband disappeared and while she was studying one day it escaped and grabbed Lillie. Faba aware of this used Hypno to repress Lillie"s memories since she can't (or anyone for that matter) know what they're truly doing. As Lillie is growing up they tell her some bull story about how "the incident was so tramatic she forgot about it". Gladion knows the truth about all of this and can't stand to be around his family and Aether for blanting lying to his younger sister and leaves and becomes distant. Lusamine now can get her hands on another jelly fish so she puts on facade and acts like a loving mother to Lillie to try to get Nebby to open another worm hole. Eventually Lillie finds out and goes in Z form eventually beating Ash in the league

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
I had zero issues with Lycanroc’s rage fit over it getting drenched (matter of fact I was lmao when it happened both times). I really like that it’s maintained such a vibrant personality even after evolving and I hope the writers keep its personality throughout the series :).