• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gladion & Silvally! The Confinement Mask!! (990)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Gladion & Silvally! The Confinement Mask!!

Once again teleported away by Nebby, Ash soon finds himself in the presence of Gladion, and a Pokémon that Ash doesn't recognise. Gladion doesn't want to show this Pokémon off to anyone, and it has ties to his and Lillie's past. Ash is eager to help Gladion and challenges him to a battle: Lycanroc VS Type: Null. What is this mysterious Pokémon capable of?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

colomb

Yeah a traumatizing incident involving an ultra beast, always thought that was the most likely scenario.

So according to Gladion, a Nihilego got hold of Lillie back when they were kids. I'm guessing that's probably how she lost her memories in the first place...

I think I actually predicted that way back when we first got wind of Lillie's fear being from Aether Paradise. Predictable, but probably the best solution they could've gone with.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Dusk Lycanroc holding its own pretty well so far

And Type:Null knocks it into the water!

Lycanroc gets up drenched and it's in a frenzy of rage!

Ash finds it difficult to calm down Lycanroc, until.... Nebby's crying calms down Lycanroc!

The battle resumes, and Dusk Lycanroc is finally defeated with a hard hit from Crush Claw!

Lycanroc loses. Ash finally suffers a loss after a long, long time.

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Glad that this battle was completed at least. After Dusk Lycanroc was calmed down by Nebby's crying, I thought this battle would end up undecided as well.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Nice battle, Type: Null won. But why Gladion calls it Silvally?

Confused me as well. Here I was thinking Null was going to evolve.. xD

Genaller

Silver Soul
Okay good now they can start building up the rivalry between Dusk Lycanroc and Silvally that will hopefully end in an epic climax.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
Great battle overall and we also saw what happened back then to Lillie.
According to the next episode's preview Lillie finally encounters her brother and Type:Null.

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
Why would an Ultra Beast have anything to do with Lillie's fear of Pokémon? In the games wasn't it an odd ball as to wether UB were Pokémon until the end of the game? It seemed like people weren't sure what they were. So how would Lillie know it was a Pokémon capturing and traumatizing her?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Okay good now they can start building up the rivalry between Dusk Lycanroc and Silvally that will hopefully end in an epic climax.
I really hope it doesn't go the A-G/MCX way though! The first battle is honestly pretty similar to their, Type:Null is way superior now.
Well it is Silvally. Just under a mask is all.

And nice to see Ash lose!
Why are you always glad to see Ash lose! :(

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Why would an Ultra Beast have anything to do with Lillie's fear of Pokémon? In the games wasn't it an odd ball as to wether UB were Pokémon until the end of the game? It seemed like people weren't sure what they were. So how would Lillie know it was a Pokémon capturing and traumatizing her?

I think it's just the fact that a creature attacked her and tried to take her, now she's afraid of any animal touching her at all.

DatsRight

I really hope is doesn't go the A-G/MCX way though! The first battle is honestly pretty similar to their, Type:Null is way superior now.

Why are you always glad to see Ash lose! :(

Generally a character suffering a loss every once in a while makes them fallible and easier to root for, otherwise they risk becoming a boring invincible hero.

Ash has done a good job having a winning streak while still looking like he was struggling and having to persevere and improvise a lot in SM, but I agree he needed to have someone show they could outdo him every now and then.

I think the only step needed now is for Ash to pull a successful Z Move and have it not win or land on the opponent and he'll be a fully rounded battler.

Rapiido

Great battle overall and we also saw what happened back then to Lillie.
According to the next episode's preview Lillie finally encounters her brother and Type:Null.

Didn't she encounter him like... 20 episodes ago?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Generally a character suffering a loss every once in a while makes them fallible and easier to root for, otherwise they risk becoming a boring invincible hero.

Ash has done a good job having a winning streak while still looking like he was struggling and having to persevere and improvise a lot in SM, but I agree he needed to have someone show they could outdo him every now and then.

But Ash never beating his rival is also not good(which happened with Alain). I really hope it's different with Gladion.