• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gladion & Silvally! The Confinement Mask!! (990)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Lillie, we don't need you as the recap lady. In fact, we don't even need a recap. Your time eats up time for this show.

Man up, Lycanroc. You're worse than a girl into fashion.

Okay, Gladion. Your voice needs to stop going almost into a whisper. You've been infected with Alainitis or something.

Gladion: What made mother agree to this? What is okay for you to have an Ultra Beast? WHAT DO POKEMON SEE IN YOU? WHAT IS UP WITH THAT STRANGE SUNNY-D LYCANROC?! WHY ARE YOU SPECIAL?!

Ash: Hey, man. I'm the main character. My job is to avoid aging a second or else they'll boot me out.

At least SOMEONE finally pointed it out after almost a freaking thousand episodes...but too bad he just went back to shrugging it and accepting it. I guess he's alrig-

Gladion: Witness the power of the Pokemon with the mask!

Aaaaaaaaaand he lost me with that cheesy line. Holy crap, how corny.

Ash, how much stupider can you be. You saw the city down the hill. You don't need to freak out. (Unless they relocated Ten Carat Hill somewhere else.)

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lillie, we don't need you as the recap lady. In fact, we don't even need a recap. Your time eats up time for this show.

I like the music that airs during these segments though! But yes, especially in this episode I agree that it did seem odd.. since she doesn't even appear in the rest of the episode, and it's only an Ash and Gladion episode.

Man up, Lycanroc. You're worse than a girl into fashion.

It's funny you say this, because Dusk Lycanroc's behavior in this episode reminded me of Serena's Braixen!

In fact, Dusk Lycanroc is a combination of 3 different Pokémon from the XY anime:

Serena's Braixen: fur needs to stay clean
Ash-Greninja: a unique form for Ash that is the first of its kind and doesn't exist in the games until the next game
Korrina-Lucario: going berserk with the red eyes

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vipsoccermaster said:
Good battle episode between Gladion/Silvally and Ash/Dusk Lycanroc. It's odd that Dusk Lycanroc goes out of control when its mane gets dirty, but oh well. Ash needs to train Dusk Lycanroc so it doesn't lose control over being dirty. Gladion apparently had the same trouble with his Silvally.

I liked how Type: Null's own troubled past was like a juxtaposition against Lugarugan's wild behavior, although watching Lugarugan lose his cool still bothers me since the whole thing felt contrived as a way of making Satoshi lose.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Lugarugan lose his cool
I think Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is a girl. I know we don't know its gender. When I say "I think" I literally mean "I think" not that I am correcting you.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I think Ash's Dusk Lycanroc is a girl. I know we don't know its gender. When I say "I think" I literally mean "I think" not that I am correcting you.

Ash's Lycanroc is male. The genders of all the protagonist' pokémon are revealed in the Ultra Guardians episodes, the female pokémon have a bow-tie while the males have medals.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Ash's Lycanroc is male. The genders of all the protagonist' pokémon are revealed in the Ultra Guardians episodes, the female pokémon have a bow-tie while the males have medals.
Oh good point I remember that. So then how come I wonder Bulbapedia has it unknown?

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan