• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glee: Season 3 + The Glee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Well, spoilers are starting to come out and such, so it's time for a new thread for them, as well as discussion of "The Glee Project".

Ryan Murphy the creator of the mega hit “Glee” called into “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” on Friday to talk about the “Glee Project,” the secrets of “Glee” season 3, his connection to Charlize Theron and his recent engagement.

Introduced as the guy who sleeps in Charlize Theron’s bedroom on the beach, Ryan Murphy replies ” and I’ve got some Cherlize Theron towels.” Ryan explains that he recently bought Charlize Therons beach house “She’s a lovely lady and it’s a great beach find, you have to come hang out.”

Glee will be back in the fall, “We start shooting the 3rd season mid August and it will be back on the air I believe the second or third week of September.” Ryan is currently sifting through people on the “Glee Project.” a competition series where the pay-off is a part on “Glee.”

“We didn’t just want to do a show that you’ve seen before. What I love about the show is literally somebody gets a career. They’re all these incredibly talented kids and we mentor them and they work on their singing, dancing, and acting. Then the winner of the show gets a 7 episode arc this fall on “Glee,” Ryan explains.

Is it true that you were considering cleaning house with the current “Glee” cast? “That is true. I don’t think of it in terms of eliminating or replacing. Because I think the thing about this cast is people love them and they are incredibly talented. They’ve left sort of an indelible mark,” Ryan says.

“The thing that I wanted to do and the cast wanted to do, we didn’t want to have a show where they were in high school for 8 years. We really wanted it to be true to that experience. We thought it would be really cool if we were true to the timeline.”

Ryan explains “We’ve got Matt Morrison and Jane Lynch who will stay and be the male and female lynchpins of the series, but I think the fun thing about the show is it’s a celebration of youth and talent and I think that just like with the original cast, I think finding those young unknown people and giving them an opportunity to break into the business and become stars is a really fun and exciting thing and is the spirit of the series.”

“This year we introduced two new people to success, Chord Overstreet and Darren Criss and those guys have done pretty well. So, I think every year, which will be fun about the show is a new class comes in and this year I think we’re probably going to have a couple people who come in now and again in January.”

With so much going on in his life has Ryan had the time to find love in his life? “I have, I’m with a great fellow now who I’ve known for 15 years and we just got engaged and I’m very excited about it!”

You can listen to the full interview below and watch the “Glee Project” on Sundays 9/8c on Oxygen.

In other news, what do you guys think about The Glee Project?

Racer

It sounds interesting, but I just have this feeling that it's going to end up falling on its face in a few episodes. I am glad to be seeing the back of Rachel and her participation in nearly every single song in the shoe, but I'll miss Quinn purely because of her looks.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
TGP, at first, was EXTREMELY annoying to me, but I think it's starting to warm up to me. Personally rooting for Ellis, Emily, or Cameron.

Also, they BEST not give the new characters too much spotlight, give more spotlight to old members of ND, since they kind of neglected practically ignored some people in ND last season.

Aquanova

I have no interest in The Glee Project, but I hope the new characters are interesting and bring something to the show. Im gonna miss the cast after season 3. I miss Glee already, im suffering from Glee withdrawal.

Chris-kun

i still believe
TGP, at first, was EXTREMELY annoying to me, but I think it's starting to warm up to me. Personally rooting for Ellis, Emily, or Cameron.

Also, they BEST not give the new characters too much spotlight, give more spotlight to old members of ND, since they kind of neglected practically ignored some people in ND last season.

I liked Ellis too, too bad she got booted last night :l...

I like Damian. He's cute. And that accent.

The winner is already decided though, I think one of the writers accidentally let it slip that the winner was male.

The Glee Project can go beat its own brains out with a stick.

The only comment I can make on season three is that it needs MOAR KURT/MERCEDES NUMBERS!

Chris-kun

i still believe
The Glee Project can go beat its own brains out with a stick.

The only comment I can make on season three is that it needs MOAR KURT/MERCEDES NUMBERS!

I kept waiting and waiting throughout season two for another Kurtcedes number and it never came. Please RIB, Kurtcedes duets for next season. 4 Minutes is one of Glee's best covers

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I like The Glee Project, actually.

And I'm happy that Ellis got kicked.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I haven't seen the Glee Project, whatever that is and if it's just another reality show then to be honest I don't really care (I don't like reality shows).

Sounds like everyone but Sue and Will are leaving, including Emma, guess that gives anyone who is thinking will they be together? Unless she is (And are they changing the Principal and other teachers including Bieste?).

I am not even sure if I will watch S4, having to get rid of all but two of the main characters, but I guess if I can watch Ash & Brock walk off into a new cast or Angel have a new team or some other show when a new show comes off the old one or they get rid of older characters then I could watch S4 with Sue and Will, depending on the students there.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Oh okay, I got a bit confused because it didn't mention that Emma was staying, even more of a reason to stay. I will miss watching Brittany, Santana, Mercedes, Kurt and Artie, actually Tina and Quinn as well. And I guess Puck and Rachel (Wait.. that's practically everyone O.O Well I didn't like S1 Puck and the cheerleaders, they just became more of a person through the last 2 seasons and not props like many bullies and jerks seem to be in high school movies/shows, although I could tick off many things I don't like about a character in the show but I can also tick off what I like).

Wonder who the new crowd will be, I hope they don't just repeat the same stereotype because it just seems pointless, or if they are going to do that give them different personalities. Someone can have the same stereotype as Puck or Artie, or Quinn and Rachel but have completely different personalities.

Ten bucks says a homosexual, not sure which gender will be on it as well (Of course I have no problem with that, although with Kurt, Karovsky, Brittany AND Santana, who the last two or aleast Santana has to be bisexual aleast with the amount of guys they were with, kinda shows there will be). Just wonder what personality they will have? Out of the closet and proud (Which is probably why I like Kurt) or in the closet and shy.

Hmm now thinking about it I can't wait to see what happens in S4 even if that's a year away lol. There are some stereotypes they haven't even included (They don't really need stereotypes but we know they will have them anyways, all high school shows/movies has them), and hopefully won't be all repeated storylines (Like a cheerleader getting pregnant or something like that)

I hate having to wait 'till January for the next season. Just as well there's plenty on TV in the meantime.

jshperz

I think the writers hint to some seniors not graduating this year, like Brittany. They mentioned some of them getting straight F's. It would be interesting to see the reactions of the ones who do get to graduate if ever some of their classmates do not.

I can't wait for season three! When will it air?

jshperz

Oh. September 20 seems so far. Can't wait for season 3! >:p
I wonder how they'll start the season. I liked the start of season 2 but I think it will be boring if they repeat that in season 3.

Diaglio

I really like The Glee Project. I just feel so bad for them this week. For the music video, they have to sings Mad World standing in a mall wearing signs saying what they think is the most vulnerable aspect of them.

Grei

not the color
I love The Glee Project. It's kind of funny and cool that a lot of the kids on The Glee Project already fit some sort of stereotype. We've (at this point) got an overconfident diva, a nasty diva, a flamboyant black male, and a vertically-challenged chihuahua type of guy. There's a quiet black girl, which has the potential to become some sort of black stereotypical character, and... three or four unidentifiable people. :/ But this is just from watching, like, two episodes. (Yet I'm already really loving the show.)

As for Glee's 3rd Season, I'm very excited for that. I love Lea Michele (SPRING AWAKENING FTW) and basically the rest of the cast, and I'm both sad and excited to watch their final season on the show.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Is it true that some of the characters will graduate and leave the show, being replaced by new ones?

KnightofRawr

Don't underestimate
Yes they started the show as Sophomores and will become seniors in this new season. Ryan Murphy stated that Chord (Sam) and Darren (Blaine) could both be seen as Juniors in this new season and everyone is speculating them failing Brittany and maybe some other characters. Lea (Rachel) wants to stay in the show, but I don't think she will after this season. There is also talk about making a New York spin off, I'm not sure if this is just fan speculation or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.