• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glee: Season 3 + The Glee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterM

That's what she said
I would say watch the episodes online but this seems to become more and more difficult nowadays...

Anyway, on-topic: so, next episode is the MJ one right? Great, can't wait! I'm still a bit confused as of why they didn't do it earlier, though! I mean, MJ is an absolute legend, and instead of dedicating an episode to him, so far he has only been 'featured' in a mash-up (during the Superbowl episode last year IIRC) while other artists got their own dedicated episode :

Madonna (well, she's also a great artist with a big career behind her so I'm okay with that), Britney Spears (do I really need to say anything?), and even *gasp* Justin Bieber! This little brat (I really don't like his songs, I can't really judge him personally) got an episode, and MJ didn't?

Am I the only one to see something wrong here?

Anyway, this episode better be good, but after having seen their performance during the Sectionals, I think they can show something quite enjoyable!

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I would say watch the episodes online but this seems to become more and more difficult nowadays...

Anyway, on-topic: so, next episode is the MJ one right? Great, can't wait! I'm still a bit confused as of why they didn't do it earlier, though! I mean, MJ is an absolute legend, and instead of dedicating an episode to him, so far he has only been 'featured' in a mash-up (during the Superbowl episode last year IIRC) while other artists got their own dedicated episode :

Madonna (well, she's also a great artist with a big career behind her so I'm okay with that), Britney Spears (do I really need to say anything?), and even *gasp* Justin Bieber! This little brat (I really don't like his songs, I can't really judge him personally) got an episode, and MJ didn't?

Am I the only one to see something wrong here?

Anyway, this episode better be good, but after having seen their performance during the Sectionals, I think they can show something quite enjoyable!

Nothing RM ever says again I will ever believe.

First he says no more tribute episodes this season……….then MJ comes about…..

Also, he said no more guest stars, outside of already plot established ones, like Holly Holiday and Kristin Chenoweth. So what the heck is Ricky Martin doing on set……….?

mockingjay

swift and lol
They planned a MJ tribute a long time ago, it just took RIB a while to get full rights over the songs and the permission to do a tribute.

RM said no guest stars and tributes in the first half of season three. It's current season 3B.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Elekible- Excuse the stupid question but PVR? I am not sure what that is to be honest, well clearly it records TV lol, but that would be an obvious thing.

MisterM

That's what she said
Lol I think it was Electivire Addict who talked about a PVR, Willow.

By the way, do we know what role will Ricky Martin have? Or how many episodes he'll be present for?

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Get a PVR .

\
Oh wrong person lol, I meant EA not you Elek sorry.

We seem to be an episode or two behind you guys as well, last week was I kissed a girl (Saw the last half, came on when Beiste? Was singing). Santana's grandmother was really a horrible woman, I would have liked to go through that screen and smack her, I understand respecting other's opinions but she didn't have to be cruel. And now we know why Santana is so mean, especially in the earlier seasons, it came from the one person she loved the most, who ended up betraying her in the end anyways. (Actually was it ever explored why Quinn was pretty much the same way? Brittany hardly counts since she seems like a follower, and all this time she was just following what Santana and Quinn did until she came into the club).

It's interesting to see why some people do end up like that though. Question was Emma in that episode at all? Considering I didn't see the first half, I wouldn't know.

A PVR is a personal video recorder. It allows you to record episodes and watch them whenever you feel like without having to actually watch them live.

OH I think you americans call it DVR or Tivo or something. Here in Canada, we call it a PVR

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, just watched the Michael episode. Personally I think it had WAY too many songs. I don't know which ones I would have cut out, because they gave everyone their fair share (except Will, funnily enough) but the dialogue-to-song transitions were painful. None of the songs were bad but none of them were all-time greats. I generally find it lazy rather than cool when they reenact music videos shot-for-shot, and that was all over this one.

It is kind of irksome that everyone is getting into their first choices because it's so unrealistic, and I liked that they were headed in a bittersweet direction with Rachael until they went back on it right at the end. Turns out that the delayed acceptance was just a ploy to stretch out the proposal drama, which was disappointing. Quinn getting into Yale wasn't too much of a stretch, as her grades have always been stated to be very high, and it's about time things turned out alright for her.

Samcedes continues to be totally uninteresting, but if it keeps Mercedes from being a repugnant drama queen then I can live with it. But some characters, like Rory, Tina and Brittany, were hardly in this one. And is Sugar in New Directions or not because she only seems to be in every other episode at the moment?

Finally, I think Sebastian is actually a pretty good villain. It's been a little while since Glee has had a real villain (Sue has been redundant in that role since Season 2 and Jesse, Karofsky and Goolsby ran their courses by the end of that season too). He'll probably only last until Regionals and then we won't see the Warblers again in Season 3, so for a relatively temporary character I'm enjoying him.

The next couple of episodes, the Ricky Martin one (urgh) and the Valentines one should be fun but I feel like they're slumping again for main storylines and are getting distracted from the stuff that matters, like slapping major character arcs into otherwise irrelevant episodes. You don't have long to wrap up most of the main characters, guys! Don't go getting silly now!

Pansy :]

anustart
My reaction to almost all of this season has been "wtf", and that only increased tonight.

I honestly think the writers made a huge mistake with this whole Finn and racheal engagement. They're in high school for crying out loud, I honestly don't even know why they thought this would be a good idea, unless theyre planning for everything to fall through before the wedding, which even then isn't a good idea for a plot line IMO.

I also didn't like the singing in this episode. Don't get me wrong, I love micheal Jackson, and it's high time he got a tribute episode, I just don't think they did a very good job with any of the preformences besides Smooth Criminal, and speaking of that it seemed like through the entire song they were building up to a Santana/Sabatian kiss, am I the only one who got that feeling?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Grant Gustin deserves better than playing a lame, 1 note villain like Sebastian. IDK what it is about the show, but 99% of the time they handle antagonists very poorly (I'm looking at you, Jesse St. James.)

Dax

Legend
I liked the episode but they ruined Scream and that's one of my favorite songs from MJ. It was just so awful. Mike, while I like him, doesn't have the voice to carry such a song and they looked so ridiculous trying to emulate the video.

I think Glee succeeds more when they make their own arrangement of songs, that's why Smooth Criminal has been getting so much positive feedback, same with Without You and the Adele mashup. Smooth Criminal is one of the best covers the show has ever done. It was simple, true to what Glee is with great performances from both singers.

Other than that, although I liked it, I dislike episodes with too much music. It's a distraction from the plot which had the potential to be interesting but kept getting interrupted by songs.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
A PVR is a personal video recorder. It allows you to record episodes and watch them whenever you feel like without having to actually watch them live.

OH I think you americans call it DVR or Tivo or something. Here in Canada, we call it a PVR

Thanks for the information I should look it up.. Also... I am Australian:p So no I am not an American lol, but yes I believe we do call it Tivo since that is used around here too.
Chaos- Just wondering was Emma in that one at all? (We are aleast two episodes behind).

Last edited:

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Absolutely killed it……!!

Santana feat. Ricky, whatever that song was, excellent, I wish they fired Schuester and Hire Mr. Ricky Martin…...

Chris-kun

i still believe
I really think that this episode is everything that's wrong with this show in one place...

the writers obviously don't care anymore, it's all about the money and it's becoming clearer and clearer :l

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I really think that this episode is everything that's wrong with this show in one place...

the writers obviously don't care anymore, it's all about the money and it's becoming clearer and clearer :l

GLEE is still enjoyable from time to time…..but if they keep this up, I feel it will not last longer than season 4 or 5….

I agree with the notion they are milking the cash cow and neglecting quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.