• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glee: Season 3 + The Glee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good episodes tbh.
The first Tina-centric one was by far best. She shoulda got her head checked after that trippy bonk on the noggin though.
Beiste and Puck also made a fabulous mesh this week. The tough exteriored one's who are fragile on the inside.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow, there's a lot going on in these episodes. My biggest grievance is that Emma and Will finally having sex was just an extra little tidbit tossed in: we've waited three years for that and it just wasn't given any build-up at all. It would have made more sense to have it happen in Chicago, or have a scene setting up that she's starting to get over her trepidation. Her virginity has been given so much airtime and now it's just an extra loose end to tie up in a cheesy montage? One of the best episodes of this middling season was the episode where Kurt, Blaine and Rachel all lose their virginities tied up with West Side Story songs... they handled that so well but Emma's incredibly debilitating neuroses just disappears? Remember when she was one of the main characters, and Jayma Mays was one of the actors who regularly stole the show? I was expecting that to be a point in the graduation episode, or perhaps their wedding in Season 4. They missed out on some golden opportunities there.

The only other problem I have was that Nationals didn't seem to be on a big enough scale. Aren't there meant to be 50 clubs at Nationals? How come only three were even mentioned? Unique was incredible and Jesse's redemption was a pleasant surprise. Whoopi Goldberg is great and I hope to see her recur at NYADA. Although the recent revelation that the show's going to bounce between NYC and Lima is bound to be controversial and potentially a little messy, I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps doing alternate plotlines would be better than cramming both locations into every episode, but I doubt the result will be less watchable.

The body-swapping was hilarious and it was fun seeing more of Tina. She could potentially be the foremost character (along with Artie) in Season 4 so this felt like a good transition.

And the last thing to say is... we've witnessed it. Everything we've waited three seasons for has happened... graduation's going to be potentially an even better season finale than the first.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Splitting up focus between NYC and Lima, eh? Not a bad idea, but again, it seems that those in the background who weren't seniors (Tina and Artie specifically), will remain in the background when they should be in the forefront. At least it won't completely turn into "The Blaine Show."

On the other hand, why not just do a spinoff? Kurt, Rachel, and Finn are popular enough that they could handle a show on their own. With Finn's realization that he wants to get into acting, there will be too much going on in NYC to be able to split between the two cities when the show is supposed to be about New Directions. There can easily be cross-over episodes in both cities.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
CM- (It should be noted I have not seen this episode yet, it does air tonight though, however we are only seeing Props I believe, not Nationals as well), I agree that's my beef with it, Emma used to be a main character in S1 of Glee much like Sue and Will are, but as the seasons went she had less and less screentime, now I think Jayma is a good actress and I like how cute both she and Emma are (It probably helps that she's a redhead, and well I have a thing for redheads), so it's disappointing her storylines seem to be shafted (Are we actually going to see Emma's and Will's wedding? Maybe next season but still). Even if Emma comes back next season (Why not, if Will's still there and her fiance then that makes no sense if she didn't came back) she probably get so few storylines.

I hope the last Glee episode is very good and has plenty of appearances for all the characters. I bet it's gonna be sad with half of them gone. (Chris is Finn correct? And who does Corey play?, yeah besides Quinn, Rachel, Emma's actors I don't remember many of their actors names, and I just realized Chris is Kurt correct? And Corey is Finn? Because once again, if Rachel is appearing then Finn has to be as well)

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
CM- (It should be noted I have not seen this episode yet, it does air tonight though, however we are only seeing Props I believe, not Nationals as well), I agree that's my beef with it, Emma used to be a main character in S1 of Glee much like Sue and Will are, but as the seasons went she had less and less screentime, now I think Jayma is a good actress and I like how cute both she and Emma are (It probably helps that she's a redhead, and well I have a thing for redheads), so it's disappointing her storylines seem to be shafted (Are we actually going to see Emma's and Will's wedding? Maybe next season but still). Even if Emma comes back next season (Why not, if Will's still there and her fiance then that makes no sense if she didn't came back) she probably get so few storylines.

I hope the last Glee episode is very good and has plenty of appearances for all the characters. I bet it's gonna be sad with half of them gone. (Chris is Finn correct? And who does Corey play?, yeah besides Quinn, Rachel, Emma's actors I don't remember many of their actors names, and I just realized Chris is Kurt correct? And Corey is Finn? Because once again, if Rachel is appearing then Finn has to be as well)

Chris Colfer is Kurt.

Corey Mon-something is Finn.

Mehh, I for one do not miss Season-1 Emma at all. My favorite Emma performance was the Horror Movie episode, that "Touch Me" song.

Manchee

extra toasty
My favorite Emma performance was the Horror Movie episode, that "Touch Me" song.

Touch-a, Touch-a! That's my all-time favorite Rocky Horror song. I loved when Emma sang it. :3

I kind of skimmed through the episodes that aired on Tuesday, and they were okay. I was happy with Props for the most part, I just don't like when they bring up issues for just one episode. We all know Tina is ignored a lot, but I wish they would bring it up more during non-Tine-centered episodes so it's actually well played during the episode where she has a starring role. At least that's my opinion.

Nationals was okay. I expected them to win since it was the seniors' last one. I really love the character of Unique, it's one of my favorites. I wasn't a huge fan of Alex on TGP, but I think he's done the best on the show so far. Damian faded to the back and Samuel has been meh imo. Lindsay was good, but I'm glad she wasn't there for long. I hope Alex shows up again sometime, he really deserves it.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Ah yes, I loved that song too haha, she was cute singing it and Jayma does have a nice voice (It was hers in the two songs that you could actually hear her voice wasn't it?). And thanks, I always forget the actor's names XD.

Well I expected them to win this season, since it is the final season and all. I wonder if Tina will be gone before the.. new cast comes in and wins their national or not, and whoever else is staying behind in school.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Okay, so just watched the season finale and somehow I deluded myself into thinking there would be no surprises. Holy crap was I wrong. More in the spoiler tags...

So the biggest surprise was that they ended on such a bittersweet note. Anybody who says Glee is all cheesy and overly happy just doesn't know the show because there was a harsh truth to this episode. Rachel having to leave Finn behind and cancel their wedding plans was one thing, Finn deciding to join the army after all was another, Kurt being rejected was just... HOW!? They legitimately shocked me with that one. It's all too real that Kurt wouldn't quite make the cut even after the best performance he has achieved thus far with "Not the Boy Next Door". He'll be sticking around Lima for at least another year... bit of a gutpunch or what? I imagine he'll get a job at the school or something and help coach the club, but they really set up and pulled off a red herring with him. They even gave him the obligatory send-off with Burt (the Single Ladies thing... I'd forgotten how much I despise that song) as if they'd never have a scene together again. Well played, writers, you really had me going there. Can't wait to see where his journey goes next.

Santana and Quinn both got a surprising amount of focus compared to Mike and Mercedes who had relatively little. Apparently Naya is staying on the cast but it's still up in the air whether she's moving to New York or sticking in Lima, but either way I'm glad to see more. Gloria Estefan did a great job as the long-awaited Mama Lopez. Brittany being confirmed for another year isn't exactly contrived- how was she ever going to graduate?- but looks like Puck's not going to be around much except as an occasional guest star. As for Quinn, who is definitely known to be leaving the show, her send-off was perhaps the most satisfying and conclusive of the episode. As poorly handled as her character is sometimes, the writers were very careful when writing this episode; they know which of her traits and storylines to praise and which to refer to with tongues firmly in cheek.

The nostalgic flashbacks to early episodes... thank God they cut those out after a while cause they looked set to ruin the whole episode at first. The reenactment of Sit Down, You're Rockin' the Boat was fun and the Single Ladies thing was cute but any more than that and I would have considered this a botched finale rather than the surprisingly powerful and poignant one it proved to be. They kept the focus on the characters and their futures, only showing the graduation itself in a single montage and dealing briskly with the lingering threads such as Puck's re-test.

The last few minutes though, dealing entirely with Rachel... that scene alone made this one of the strongest episodes ever. Lea and Corey nailed it and at no point did it feel forced (although seriously, way to set her up for a disappointment there, Finn- she was ready to get married for Christ's sake!) because they did remind us that Rachel wouldn't surrender easily and that the desperate situation called for desperate measures on Finn's part. The first half of the episode had so many songs and old clips that I was worried we wouldn't have much substance and it would all be a bit too twee and more like an epilogue to the season than the finale. Then those last few scenes kicked in and there we have it, a damn fine episode in its own right and more grounded in substantial reality than the show's stylistic format would suggest it capable of. Bravo Glee- with these last few episodes you've successfully convinced me that Season 4 will be worth returning for.

Dax

Legend
They should have done this a long time ago. They're always so safe. It's so refreshing to see them take such a risk with Rachel, Finn and Kurt. I didn't like the first half but those last minutes blew me away.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
This was a pretty fine Season Finale, it was sad seeing most of them have their goodbyes (To be honest I think they all should have been seniors, would have made even more of an impact, although it would be hard to watch Glee with an entire set of new characters, even now). I think it was bittersweet that Finn sacrificed his own love and let Rachel go so she could follow her dreams. I guess it shows some people can get their dreams.. Others can't which is a reality blow in real life. Makes you think.

Interesting to say at my Graduation in 2006 I was more like Quinn, I dunno, I was sad about leaving but I didn't cry or anything, shed one tear after I left. But on the otherhand unlike Quinn I was nothing like her, and I was also have some younger bullies well bullying me, so it was good to finally leave. It was a sweet scene between Quinn and Sue (I would have like to see more with Emma, not to mention Will with the students saying goodbye to them. But it was more about the students anyways. Since Emma is still marrying Will and Sue obivously said she was staying, these three will be back and probably Bieste too considering they didn't have to say goodbye).

Were Quinn and that long haired hippie together or what? Because I got confused. Anyways it was all good really.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I don't know about anyone else, but I was a bit put off at the lack of emotion on Kurt's part (thanks writers...dumbasses) when he was rejected. Obvious or not, foreshadowed or not, whatever or not, he worked so hard for it.

The finale on a whole felt rushed to me. I wish it were at least 90 minutes. They could have added so much more. I'm also assuming Will got shot down on his request to bump the wedding up, because I was expecting to see a wedding.

Chris Colfer (Kurt) starts a tour for his new children's story in July. I get to meet him! He's coming to my town on July 29th! :D I. am. so. stoked! :D

Kreis

Still Dirrty
New glee thread made.

Status
Not open for further replies.