• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glee: Season 3 + The Glee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris-kun

i still believe
So Asian F:

The Mercedes plot: I hate her boyfriend. Like, SO much. He encourages her to be such an awful person. I hate him. She's been an absolute ***** in this episode, I have a hard time liking her. And now she's out of Glee Club. AND IN SHELBY'S NOW!? Oh my the cliffhanger.

Mike plot: I adored him, I loved the conflict with his father, and his mother was amazing.

Klaine moment: Blaine seemed uncomfortable with PDA, it looks like they might be setting up a plot point here. When Kurt was leaning on him n the auditorium, he looked like he thought someone was gonna beat him up. Although, I love how he hugged Kurt at the end.

Rachel: The writers gotta **** everything up with her character, it seems like a point to the season. Bye Hummelberry, you were short lived and loved, but now you're dead.

Brittany running for president: How about no, seriously? I really hate this plotline. It just seems to be setting up for "poor Kurt."

Emma plot: her parents are AWFUL human beings. Also, they retconned her family from season 1 for some reason. But whatever.

Preview: Candy Man, excited as ****. ...And then Quinn. Oh man I wish I didn't have to wait till November. Three weeks is gonna go so slow

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So, my thoughts on "Asian F"

-Mike's plot wasn't anything too original- the dialogue was almost word-for-word from so many other stories. But his parents are well cast and I would like to see them return in future. Also, he's playing Riff which I'm all for.
-The callback to Tina haunting Figgins was hilarious. One of the highlights of the episode.
-Nice to know that Santana being kicked out went all of nowhere. Looking forward to seeing her play Anita though- about time they brought up the fact that another lead female exists in West Side Story!
-Mercedes is now my least favourite character. I've never really been all that interested in her and found her attitude really annoying, but now she just sucks. She has all the flaws that people attack Rachel for, but with none of the positives. I've never cared for the idea of the "diva", and she just embodies all the worst of that. At least she's keeping Shelby around, if nothing else.
-Emma's parents were a misfire. I like the idea that they belittle her for her OCD, because that fits. But the whole ginger supremacy thing? Funny idea, not particularly well executed, and adding a racism issue to Emma's established fear of dirt from the dairy farm incident was really cheap.
-I'm already tired of the presidential race storyline. It was obvious when Kurt started to run that he would have some competition from somebody, but why not someone like Lauren rather than Rachel? I was hoping that their friendship would sustain unless they had a much better reason for falling out.
-Please give Finn something to do. Please.
-It's implausible that Coach Bieste has so many extracurricular duties at the school, but as long as she gets plenty of scenes I'm cool with it. She's awesome.
-The writers have done a great job so far fixing Will. He's grown a pair but he's still forgiving and he really does care. And maybe it's my newfound hatred of Mercedes, but I found those shots of Will and Rachel talking to each other during "Spotlight" to be really sweet, since their mentor/pupil relationship has been tested more than a few times in the show and it's nice to see them getting along.
-I have to wonder who is doing the choreography for West Side Story. It's kind of a big dance show... will we be seeing some Brittany/Mike collaboration? Also, who's playing Bernardo? It's the only lead role they haven't revealed. I'm all for Kurt playing Action by the way- he'd nail "Gee, Officer Krupke"
-Did Quinn even have a line in this episode? Glee continuity, you've gotta love it.

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I missed tonight's episode, and reading these bullet point summaries has me disappointed!

The writing in Glee just gets more bizzarre and ridicuous!

I could adapt to the bullcrap in season 2, but the random bad writing, i.e. no more Sam/Chord Overstreet, Mercedes dating him and now being an even worse Diva, at this point I follow Glee out of habit, but I'm highly letdown.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
So Asian F:

The Mercedes plot: I hate her boyfriend. Like, SO much. He encourages her to be such an awful person. I hate him. She's been an absolute ***** in this episode, I have a hard time liking her. And now she's out of Glee Club. AND IN SHELBY'S NOW!? Oh my the cliffhanger.

what her boyfriend is tell her to believe in her self and she is right rachel always get what she want's

Chris-kun

i still believe
what her boyfriend is tell her to believe in her self and she is right rachel always get what she want's

Her boyfriend is encouraging her to believe she's entitled to things, that she doesn't have to work hard for them, and that she should push her friends away because they're her "enemies."

Yeah, sounds like a great guy

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Interesting episode, I hope they won't have like constant songs every two minutes again like they did in season 2, I think that's what made S1 the best which many people could agree, mostly because not all of it were focused on songs.

It was a good idea to place three characters who didn't get much screentime in S2 as the judges, and pairing Emma back up with Will gave her more scenes too, but the question is how long will that last?. I thought by the way Emma's OCD and such came from when she was pushed into a pile of garbage as a kid and not because of her parents, did they forget that or was it added as something else?

They could have so had an Emma/Will duet there, wished they did but anyways, Emma praying was pretty cute but sad that she was sad.

Okay so now Brittany is running against Rachel too? Okay she's done for, I don't see how she could hope to run against Kurt and Rachel (And why were there no interactions between Brittany and Rachel, you think if Kurt had something to say to the both of them Brittany would as well). To be honest seeing Brittany win might be interesting and I prefer the race was Kurt VS Brittany not Kurt VS Brittany VS Rachel, perhaps Mercedes does have a point in all of that anger, Rachel does seem to love being in everything.

And what is Santana doing in the club again so soon? I thought she was kicked out? (It was actually surprising Will asked Brittany what she was doing at that dance scene yet Santana was not even questioned or brought up), well even if Mercedes isn't in the club anymore looks like you can easily just back in anyways.

The Mike's scenes were interesting, I guess his voice isn't bad and it was nice to see his relationship with the mother, the father was a jerk though. Although compared to Emma's father and mother? It makes Mike's father look like some puppy.

Interesting Blaine doesn't like PDA, it might not go anywhere as some people just don't like it simple as that, and considering he's in a homosexual relationship Blaine probably just doesn't want to deal with the jerks of the school.

Speaking of the jerks, seriously Mercedes is dating the guy who slushied her? Sure Puck, Quinn and Santana, and I think Brittany (The only Glee club member not including Blaine yet to be slushied. However if she does fall an humiliating defeat over the president thing then she could be set up for it) have done it but that was so S1 early when they didn't even want to be in the club. The football jock is the same one who slushied all of Mercedes friends including her and was/is friends with the other jock who ran Kurt out of the school.

Just a nitpick perhaps, but all the scenes somehow just jumped from one another. Really it went from Day at the school, to night with Emma and Will, then day then night again in the last fifteen minutes of the episode, but I guess that has always happened.

One last thing, is Glee really off for three weeks? Because Channel 10 (Not really reliable) said Glee was on next Wednesday off the satellite, but uh hello if we are following America then it's pretty impossible to be right ahead of them, and I don't think whoever runs that whole schedule thing would want Australia to get the next episode before America does.

Oh yeah, this might sound dumb, even Brittany dumb but who or what is Effin? I didn't realize that was Mercedes's nickname wherever it came from, but it kinda sounds like a shortened version of the F word and ing.

MisterM

That's what she said
Asian F :

THIS. This is what I was looking for! So far, the best episode of Season 3 IMO. The first episode was pretty bland and the second one... Well, I don't even remember what happened in it! Oh yeah, the castings for different roles in the WSS musical... Nice, but still, this 3rd episode was a great step ahead! Let's see :

Mike - Loved that he got some REAL screentime (and not just as a dance teacher) and some backstory. His interactions with his parents were really nice, especially when he 'teaches' his mom how to dance, so emotional! I just loved it. And his performance was great too! I really enjoyed him performing along with his teammates! I was afraid the writers would create some tensions between him and Tina, leading to yet another break-up within the Glee Club, but they barely went in that field, which was great and shows that this couple is made to last...

Rachel - Mercedes is right : this girl is addicted to screentime, she never has enough! I loved her performance in the WSS show-off along with Mercedes but her running as president against Kurt and Brittany was kinda random and out of the blue. Why don't leave that as a comedic relief exclusive to Kurt and Britanny? This would have been way better.

Santana - WTF? Kicked out of Glee club last episode and now she comes back like nothing happened? I love Santana, it's my favourite Glee club member, but they could at least have given more explanations about her come back... Oh well, at least she's back and she got Anita's role yay \O/

Britanny - I don't know if girls actually run the world but this girl sure knows how to run her school! Her performance was nice (even though she is not at the Queen's level... Yeah, Beyoncé is in another league, let's face it!) and even though she had few to none screentime (apart from her again AMAZING performance), I liked it. I would have enjoyed it even more if she had a talk with Rachel about the presidency, but I think they will have this conversation during next episode.

Mercedes - Finally! I was waiting for Jennifer Hudson's 'Spotlight' coverage and there we finally have it! You can't imagine how happy I was the second the music started! This performance was great, and the second one in 'duet' (even though it was not a REAL one) with Rachel was a nice one as well. Sure, she is becoming a diva and, IIRC, last time it happened, Rachel was the one to talk to her and make her come bac to who she was. It seems like this time, Rachel's talk won't do jack to her. And now she joined Shelby's club?! Well, the Glee Club sure keep losing members lately. Don't they need to be at least 12 to be allowed to compete?

Blaine - Y U NO LESS BLAND??! Seriously, since he joined Mc Kinley, it's like he became... Nothing actually! I loved his performance during the casting last episode but this time, he barely had any line! I have to admit though, I found it strange that he felt uncomfortable when Kurt offered him flowers, he seemed to hesitate between kissing Kurt or just thank him (apparently the shoulder tap was the logical result of the compromise...) Give him more songs! Am I the only one to miss him in the Warblers? (This 'Candle' coverage along with Kurt is still one of my favourite songs...!)

Quinn - LOL... 'nuff said... (she literally had 2 lines...)

Finn - see above

Will - I really liked the change of behaviour towards the club, he seems less lazy and more determined to win nationals (well, sectionals to begin). I love his interactions with Emma, he really is on her side and tries to help her as much as he can, which is really respectable. Not much more to say about it, he was just the Will Schuester I've been waiting for!

Emma - Her character development was really well handled IMO, and I really enjoyed finally seeing her parents. The dinner scene was both funny and emotional. I liked the fact that Will stood up against her parents to defend her. The last scene where she prays was really touching, we could feel that she was in pain, struggling with her OCD (and maybe her past as well)... Really nice played, writers, carry on you're on a good track! (You better not mess this up, or else...)

By the way, if I may ask with the most polite way I can... WTF? 3 weeks?... Seriously!!? I might consider crack in order to make it for this wait...

Morning Good

Puck and Shelby are going to get together, or at the very least he'll try to make it happen. The latter is obvious; Puck is shown in the preview to be wanting to help Shelby in any way possible, and it's been established that he has a thing for moms. The former is what I'd like to see happen, though, purely for the drama. I'm calling it here, folks.

jscholfield

Pokemon Breeder
They ran Glee like a slave-camp the first 2 seasons.

This season Ryan Murphy and the big wigs want the star-cast to be able to actually rest and live life outside of work.

yeah but they have already filmed all the episodeds

Last edited:

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I really love Glee a lot its my guilty pleasure in life and I watch it almost obsessively baha

anyways onto last weeks episode Asian F:

Mercedes: Seriously I'm really glad they all told her off because her attitude was getting pretty bad, ***** needed to get slapped around a bit.

Mike: I was really glad to see his mom took his side and let him live his dream through dancing cause he's got some serious talent and it would be a shame for that to go to waste.

That was the really big stuff I don't have the time to go into detail, however I must say at the end when Will sang Fix you to Emma I almost cried from how wonderful it was. :')

3lmi

pimping aint easy
My thoughts on Asian F

Rachel: B*tch. She is always doing whatever she can so she can get the spotlight. In Season 2 she even sent a poor girl to a crack house. Now she is going against her bff (Kurt) for President ... wow.

Mercedes: Go girl, stand up for yourself (Rachel's attitude is so stank now).

Kurt + Blaine: They should actually do something (hold hands atleast). Blaine needs more songs (hopefully a duet with Kurt).

Takeo

I think there going off on break after this month...something i heard somewhere

anyway

Mike: awww :'( so sweeett, it makes me think talent is passed on from your parents, dude has moves and its sweet how his mom sympathies since she knows how it feels to give up something you love

Will: when i started hearing the music play i was like 'omg seriouslly!!?'...in a good way lol he did any amazing job singing 'fix you'

Manchee

extra toasty
I thought the beginning of Fix You was a bit weird sounding, his voice seemed pushed imo. I really liked it by the end though. I read someone saying they want Kurt and Blaine to do a duet, and I really hope they don't. Their voices are really different sounding , and imo it's not in a good way for duets. Maybe that's just me. Meh.

G50

No longer posting
The Sugar character needs to never ever appear again.

She is offending a lot of people including myself. She does NOT have AS, FOX/Glee should not be frauding her character and making people with AS look like complete jerks.

Lawsuit waiting to happen.

Chris-kun

i still believe
The Sugar character needs to never ever appear again.

She is offending a lot of people including myself. She does NOT have AS, FOX/Glee should not be frauding her character and making people with AS look like complete jerks.

Lawsuit waiting to happen.

The joke is very obviously that she SELF-DIAGNOSED. THAT'S the kind of person Glee's making fun of, the stupid *****es who will diagnose themselves with some kind of problem they very obviously don't have for attention, not people with Aspergers.

It bothers me too, but I at least understand what they were intending

G50

No longer posting
The joke is very obviously that she SELF-DIAGNOSED. THAT'S the kind of person Glee's making fun of, the stupid *****es who will diagnose themselves with some kind of problem they very obviously don't have for attention, not people with Aspergers.

It bothers me too, but I at least understand what they were intending

===========

You never know what everyone thinks about it...

There's going to be a group of people that don't think it's a joke unfortunately...

They should stick to phony disabilities faked, instead of real ones.

Chris-kun

i still believe
===========

You never know what everyone thinks about it...

There's going to be a group of people that don't think it's a joke unfortunately...

They should stick to phony disabilities faked, instead of real ones.

"I have self diagnosed Aspergers"--actual line

It doesn't matter what those people think, tbh, because their misunderstanding of the script isn't the writer's problem, it's theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.