• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glee: Season 3 + The Glee Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever

:D I was kinda sad to see Sam go the way of... what's his face, from season 1? Matt! That was it! Just kinda quickly and lazily explained out of the show. Now the producers have to think of a good way to bring him back, which is kinda what they deserve, always dropping people then bringing them back for like one episode until the end of the season.

I love this show, in particular the mean characters like Sue and Santana. I'm not a fan of the fat girl though.

Lauren Zizes is the funniest character on the show (next to Brittany maybe) and I'm pissed that she's only been in like 2 episodes this entire season, considering how prominent and liked she was last season.

JGROFF RETURNS.... to glee + other spoilers aka Jesse ST. James

Return of Berry's former love in a new role.

Really? I didn't like him in the first season, I didn't like him last season, and now this just pisses me off.

What happened to Cheyenne Jackson? He's a much cooler (and hotter) character and fits that role perfectly. Jesse has basically been shoved into the devious loverboy role which got old before the end of his original run.

Whatever, I can't and won't like all of the storylines; I just have to hope this season has other storylines that I really like. I really only wacthed season 2 for Karofsky's story...

I'd be hard to believe he will not use Gwyneth at least once in season 3.

I really want Gwenyth Paltrow back. She owned her episodes in season 2 and has probably one of the best roles on current television.

I think shelby is an all girl club

I wish they would use that club as a tool for exploring sexism existing in our culture, but no, it's just to spite Rachel... I like Rachel and I like the tension between her and the other girls, but seriously, this is jsut getting dramatic...

The one who dated Quinn and inexplicably suddenly decided he was attracted to Precious-sized African-american girls.

She is a far cry from Precious-sized...

Yeah Mercedes is kind of fluffy filler.

They need to decide on a personality for her, is she the nice heavyset girl, or a raging *****y diva?

She's both, which makes her a good character, but the sometimes-good-sometimes-crappy writers hardly ever utilize her anymore. I was excited to see her so prominent in the first few episodes of this season after her basically nonexistant state in season 2 but then what do they do? Yeah, she was in one shot of last night's episode, excluding the recap.

I hope that the cast slowly gets smaller. There are too many people imo, and I hope that after this season they use the graduation and possible separation of the Glee club this year (between New Directions and Shelby's group) to make a decent amount stop being around. Idk, I just feel like they could better showcase certain people if they had a smaller amount, but that's just me.

That is the single biggest issue, too many main characters, ergo, all their development is quite shallow save for a few folks.

I don't think it is just you. There's a reason season 1 was really good: even though there were like 14 main cast members, it was actually enough to give each person a decent amount of time on-screen and keep the episodes moving.

Now, we have:

Will, Sue, Emma, Shelby, Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, Artie, Tina (who is horribly ignored), Mike, Blaine, Rory, Lauren, Figgins, Burt, Carole, Beiste, Sugar, Karofsky, now we're about to have Sebastian, Sam, Jesse, and Cooter (ridiculous name)?

There's been a bout of unevenness since Season 2 which, as much as I love his character, basically became the Kurt show for a while before turning into the Rachel-vs.-Finn show which then turned into the Rachel-vs.-everyone else show before going back to the Kurt show and then the Rachel-vs.-Quinn show...

I miss hearing about Tina, Mike has a cool thing going on right now, I'm missing Emma this season (though her brief part on last night's episode was pretty funny)... I'm just getting tired of only seeing the same 4 characters focused on while everyone else (with good storylines or in dire need of a storyline) are left floundering in the shadows doing backup.

Some characters are getting nice developments: Karofsky did last season (and then basically ignored this season); Mercedes finally takes some action on the show; Santana came through last season and coming out this season; Quinn looks like she might have an interesting role this season; Mike has a nice arc unfolding; Blaine obviously has nice development; but there are still a lot of characters I feel are being left out, notably Tina whose brief appearances suggest she would be an awesome character but never given the chance...

Sorry... venting...

As for last night, I forgot how much I loved "America." Probably the catchiest song from Broadway, and Santana and Puck as Anita and Bernardo was spot-on.

Overall, the songs were good (although, c'mon, "Uptown Girl" seemed like it was chosen to balance the homosexuality in the episode which made no sense other than to introduce Sebastian (whose a gay character anyways!)). "America" was a good group number with some sexy costumes and accents that were only slightly offensive.

I liked the way they handled the sex scenes and how they built up to those ultimate scenes. I was a little disappointed about how they stopped Rachel and Finn the first time - yes, Rachel is in love with herself, but having sex just to play a role? That doesn't seem at all like her. I liked the tension between Blaine and Kurt at the bar (which, Sebastian wasn't really necessary to that but whatever) but overall, a good episode.

The small parts with Beiste were just okay - I thought it was lazy of them to say she was still a virgin, but I love that Artie reversed the typical parenting roles with her.

I honestly don't even remember seeing Mr. Schue last night...

The ONLY scenes I found to be useless were the scenes at Dalton, and the way they handled the Karofsky resolution.

I thought the Karofsky scene was good. It sort of explains what happened to him and where he's at now in his journey but also leaves questions for future episodes (which probably won't be addressed until ****ing Christmas...). I think Karofsky had one of the more interesting storylines on the series and I want to see it completely wrap up. Yeah, last night's scene was a little mild, but I like that it leaves him open for another opportunity to grow even more.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
Adele mash-up due for next week: "Rumour Has It" / "Someone Like You"

Be prepared for awesome. This is one of my favorite performances Glee has done yet. Naya and Amber are ahhhh-mazing.

Brittana break-up anyone?

I am slow to comment on Glee but after my mom made me watch a few episodes i kinda like the sound, and Rachel is like crazy good with the emotional stuff. Something convincing was the Thriller/Heads will roll last season, and the original songs

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
If being in Shelby's club means more solos/features/and duets for Mercedes/Santana, then may they stay there for good!

If being in the Troubletones delivers stuff like this, they should. I love Naya so much. She's long overdue for more song exposure.

when is glee gonna get around to some OR? like imagine that one guy singing this!

. . .Artie or. . . whatsisface

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
If being in the Troubletones delivers stuff like this, they should. I love Naya so much. She's long overdue for more song exposure.

It's unfair, and tiring, how Rachel and Finn, well, now Rachel and Blaine are highlighted so much and the rest of the vast pool of talent is largely ignored.

I hope Sebastian enamours and takes Blaine away back to Dalton.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
I hope Sebastian enamours and takes Blaine away back to Dalton.

I'm not sure my heart could handle a Klaine breakup! You're right, though. They've really underused some characters' talents — hopefully this is a start of making it right. I'd kill for more stuff like this.

Chris-kun

i still believe
Adele mash-up due for next week: "Rumour Has It" / "Someone Like You"

Be prepared for awesome. This is one of my favorite performances Glee has done yet. Naya and Amber are ahhhh-mazing.

hardly. A total waste of Someone Like You, it's totally drowned and lost in Rumor Has It, which is a poor album filler track imo.

Naya manages to save it somewhat, but I still don't like it.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
hardly. A total waste of Someone Like You, it's totally drowned and lost in Rumor Has It, which is a poor album filler track imo.

Naya manages to save it somewhat, but I still don't like it.

You're on a rampage lately, Chris! I love "Rumour Has It" — I strongly disagree with calling it a poor filler track. The overwhelming response to this mash-up is strangely positive, so you're definitely in the minority.

Chris-kun

i still believe
You're on a rampage lately, Chris! I love "Rumour Has It" — I strongly disagree with calling it a poor filler track. The overwhelming response to this mash-up is strangely positive, so you're definitely in the minority.

I just didn't think Rumor Has It was all that strong a song, I liked it, I don't think it was a bad track, but it felt like album filler.

Their slaughtering of Rolling In The Deep got a lot of positive feedback too, it doesn't make it a good cover.

Aviere

ooh, yeah, wow.
Their slaughtering of Rolling In The Deep got a lot of positive feedback too, it doesn't make it a good cover.

The "Rolling in the Deep" cover was indeed that — a slaughtering. I could not wrap my mind around that cover. I get the whole drowning out stance on "Rumour" / "SLY", but there is a sort of seamless transition from one to the other that should not work but it somehow does. As a mash-up, I think it was pretty successful. I didn't think a mash-up of this sort could ever work; I was very skeptical when I heard of the whole idea.

Adele covers are just plain risky. Hardly anyone can hold a candle to what she does, so I'm very pleased with Naya and Amber on this one.

Chris-kun

i still believe
The "Rolling in the Deep" cover was indeed that — a slaughtering. I could not wrap my mind around that cover. I get the whole drowning out stance on "Rumour" / "SLY", but there is a sort of seamless transition from one to the other that should not work but it somehow does. As a mash-up, I think it was pretty successful. I didn't think a mash-up of this sort could ever work; I was very skeptical when I heard of the whole idea.

Adele covers are just plain risky. Hardly anyone can hold a candle to what she does, so I'm very pleased with Naya and Amber on this one.

I don't think it works tbh. The melody of SLY with Rumor in the background is jarring and unsettling, and just doesn't work.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Wednesday episode was good.. but there's just something, I can't explain it that seems to be missing. It still doesn't seem to be the way S1 was. It wasn't bad though, I am not sure what it was though.

Interesting Will was only in it for a few minutes, first time I think? He was featured less then Emma even (I didn't see the beginning though? I only turned the channel after H&A finished to be confused why Artie was setting his coach up with a date and talking about never.. well apparently doing it, or maybe it was a date not sure).

It was nice to see Emma again, she seemed to have disappeared in the last episode despite in the first few she was in it quite a bit, hope they don't go down S2 route and not use her again, same with the others. I like to see Brittany, Quinn (Who has become much as an underuse character too) and some others more. Too much Finn, Rachel, Kurt and even Blaine in S1. (Don't get me wrong, I love how they are showing Kurt/Blaine's relationship just as much, but when it comes to what seems to be the core three, Finn, Kurt and Rachel they could use a little less screentime so everyone else can share it)

Finn actually hasn't been doing much lately. He had a storyline last episode but it seems like they forgot about it while writing it and just mentioned it near the end

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
Finn actually hasn't been doing much lately. He had a storyline last episode but it seems like they forgot about it while writing it and just mentioned it near the end

That's what I'm talking about, Glee cannot accurately focus on more than Rachel/Biaine(used to be Finn)/and Kurt.

I miss the good old Glee that actually had a storyline, like season 1.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Elekible- Maybe in your opinion but I like for Emma to get some more storylines and could stay in the show. We could also do without Beiste, the principal, Brittany and a quite few others to be honest (Okay no Glee couldn't survive without Brittany, she's pretty much the more funniest one there).

The show could also survive without Finn, infact everyone but Finn, Rachel, Blaine and Kurt might as well be filler characters, wouldn't be surprised if the writers though only they could take it. And even then Finn/Blaine are only getting screentime due to the fact they are dating the core two.

S1 dealt with many of the characters fine, although Tina, Santana and Brittany could have been worked on a little harder. (And at that time Mike was more of a filler character then anything)

Status
Not open for further replies.