• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gliscor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
What do you suppose will have changed about gliscor since its return from McCann?

Old Gliscor(pre-training):

Moves Used:

Fire Fang
Screech
X-Scissor
Sand-Attack
Steel Wing

Shortcomings:

Air Battle
Battle-fright(reduced compared to when it was a gligar)
lack of better damage-dealing moves
stamina
etc.*Fill in your opinion*

What do you think will be THE NEW and IMPROVED gliscor...rather what do you expect it to be?

Will it have perfected giga impact? Will it have improved A LOT considering its only trained for a couple of months at max....

DP 185 ended on an exciting cliffy showing that gliscor's return was very important in some way...

What are your opinions?

Last edited:

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I suppose it learned some flying type moves since it was with a flying type trainer. It would therefore also not be wrong to say that it could fly faster and probably got stronger, and as for moveset, who knows how we'll be surprised.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
The fact that Gliscor hasn't been forgotten, is already good, as a begining....

I have a feeling Gliscor will master Giga Impact during the battle, in the second episode, or in the 3rd. I would like to see it use an air attack, Guillotine & Ice Fang as its new moves.

Last edited:

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
I think it would have learned giga impact, sleath roack, tailwind/knock off/sandstorm...it'd be awesome to see a battle with these moves...

It'd glide easily, it'll be quicker, braver and stronger!!!

But knowing the writers, I think they'd make a tiny glitch in gliscor's updated profile...:(

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Gliscor has probably improved a lot, as it was just taken out of that one man's place, and he should know more powerful moves. I'm hoping for a status-inflicting move.

gliscor&yanmega

Did Gliscor not master Giga Impact right when it got it? It didn't look like anything went wrong when using it other then Gible with Draco Meteor.

If Gliscor does get a new move then hopefully it'll be a Ground type since it only has Sand Attack and that does actually cause damage just temporary blindness.

The only Ground type moves it can use are:
Sand Attack
Earthquake
Dig
Earth Power
Mud Slap
Sand Tomb

They can give it Mud Slap which is basically Sand Attack damage mode, but it's not that powerful of a move.

I would rather have Earth Power or Earthquake though, both very powerful moves.

If it doesn't have any new moves at all then I'm guessing it'll be much more powerful, and faster then we are expecting. It's for sure going to get some good spotlight in here, probably will be the one to beat Drapion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I think gliscor will learn earthquake and aireal ace and maybe thunder fang or ice fang

thunderblade12

I think it's the Torkoal of this saga... The nothing-special pokemon of the saga that goes away for a short time and returns as a powerhouse at the end of the saga.

shac

Best case scenario: Learnt 'sky attack'.
Worst case scenario: No new move. I think this is likely. He already knew how to do giga-impact properly. he only had trouble manuevering in mid-air. i guess he will just turn out to be a better and speedier flier.

The fact that he is returning is more than enough for me. i was really anxious that the writers have pulled a primape with Gliscor.

dragonpsychicrules

DragonType GymLeader
^^ the only difference is torkoal starred in its second saga, whilst this is gliscor's first and only...

Do you think gliscor is here to stay? As in, will it be Oaked in the end or sent back to train like Charizard and squirtle and primeape??

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
It's probably just faster and more maneuverable. I'm kind of hoping that it learned guillotine though.

.Wind.

Banned
I think tailwind would be a proper move. Yes, I know they can improve Gliscor's air manuevering skills without a move but, I think it'd be good for the moments when Gliscor gets knock off of balence it can use Tail Wind to staighten itself up.

Another good move here would be Power Trick. I know it made its debut in the trick room episoe but, Gliscor knowing this move could be a sgn of Ash bein more strategic.

These two moves would be more of the strategic route and Ash doesn't have many moves based around this factor. So, it could be a grand move in Ash's journey and show even more groeth in his character, but I do doubt these will apear but, it'd be intresting to see.

Firstly, what does mastering Giga Impact means? It used Giga Impact without any problem and also hit Scizor with it. Its like saying that Infernape needs to master Flare Blitz.

Secondly, I believe that Gliscor might have become second most powerful Pokemon on Sinnoh team. If Drapion start to thrash everything and if Gliscor comes and beat it then its safe to say that it is powerful than Buizel. Gliscor was the only Pokemon that starred against one of top 4 gym leader of Sinnoh and that proved that is it one of the ace in Ash's team. As for the new move, I hope it learns something that makes its movepool even more diverse so I am gonna hope for Poison Jab or Aqua Tail.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Firstly, what does mastering Giga Impact means? It used Giga Impact without any problem and also hit Scizor with it. Its like saying that Infernape needs to master Flare Blitz.

Secondly, I believe that Gliscor might have become second most powerful Pokemon on Sinnoh team. If Drapion start to thrash everything and if Gliscor comes and beat it then its safe to say that it is powerful than Buizel. Gliscor was the only Pokemon that starred against one of top 4 gym leader of Sinnoh and that proved that is it one of the ace in Ash's team. As for the new move, I hope it learns something that makes its movepool even more diverse so I am gonna hope for Poison Jab or Aqua Tail.

Aqua Tail would be awesome.But I think it'll have Aerial Ace mainly because its flying has improved.Though,Swords Dance would be great too^^

cloudk

hates you.
Aqua tail gliscor would make my day. Earthquake would be awesome too, but knowing the writers, it'll probably never happen.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think Gliscor have already mastered Giga Impact at the first time it learned it. The only thing Gliscor should prove is that it is more mature and serious than before.

thunderblade12

Not really... Buizel might be weakened severely by Gastrodon before getting defeated by Drapion and then Drapion may get weakened by a few others before Ash finally sends Gliscor in... For example, I wouldn't exactly call Chimchar defeating Ursaring in Ash and Paul's last battle impressive. I think Buizel actually dealt the most damage against the bear out of the four pokemon that battled it... Followed by a tie between Pikachu and Chimchar for second place, and Staraptor in dead last (it was so tired from it's battle against Weavile/Torterra that it only hit once with Aerial Ace.)

Not really... Buizel might be weakened severely by Gastrodon before getting defeated by Drapion and then Drapion may get weakened by a few others before Ash finally sends Gliscor in... For example, I wouldn't exactly call Chimchar defeating Ursaring in Ash and Paul's last battle impressive. I think Buizel actually dealt the most damage against the bear out of the four pokemon that battled it... Followed by a tie between Pikachu and Chimchar for second place, and Staraptor in dead last (it was so tired from it's battle against Weavile/Torterra that it only hit once with Aerial Ace.)

As far as I remember, the only time Buizel actually hit Ursaring was when it used Counter Shield to reflect back Ursaring's Focus Blast. And those weak Aqua Jet and Sonic Boom didn't affected the bear much since it had already used Bulk Up. Then Staraptor with one Aerial Ace didn't did much damage either. Pikachu didn't did much either just some quick attack and thunder bolt which didn't helped much but it was suffering from burn condition too. The most damage was dealt by Chimchar who had already taken one hit from super effective Stone Edge and still fought without problem.
Anyways back on topic Gliscor taking out Drapion just like Chimchar took out Ursaring is enough cause I don't think others will do much damage and Drapion would be the new Ursaring.

Status
Not open for further replies.