• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gliscor's Return

Bell56

The One and Only
**Sorry if this should go somewhere else, but I thought it would be a good topic for discussion.**

Now that Gliscor has been released/put into training, do you think it will make a return to Ash? and if so when will it return and how will it get back to Ash?

I think it will return to Ash during the Sinnoh league. It will be in the first 6 on 6 round, and one of the current members of Ash's has just been injured/weakened to the point where it needs more time to recover. My pick for the one unable to fight is Pikachu, but it would probably be Gible or Staraptor. Just when it look hopeless for Ash (Cause he is too dumb to either recall one of his pokemon or barrow one from Dawn or Brock), the Old Man Air Master shows up and Gliscor glomps Ash. Ash wins the battle thanks to a more agile Gliscor with a perfect Giga Impact.

Lucille

I think he will return in the league, then after that in possible future frontier battles/e4 battles.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Let's say this:

If Gliscor doesn't return at the start of the league, then its obviously not coming back. Gliscor's entire point is tied to Sinnoh and Paul, and if it isn't used there, then the writers have no reason to have it come back afterward.

Let's hope Gliscor becomes like Charizard and Squirtle, rather than the worst case scenario of Primeape and Pidgeot.

Clubfoot

Hurricane-Thunder
I don't think he will return for the Sinnoh League.

Grei

not the color
I think it's possible for it to return for the Sinnoh League, with some new moves. I'd like to see it with Razor Wind or Aerial Ace.

However, it's possible Gliscor will never be seen again, and will have the same fate as Pidgeot, sadly. We'll have to wait and see.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
They aren't going to drop a pokemon that they've built up. It'll be back. Same goes for Ambipom.

I'd like to believe that. But there was no reason those Pokemon had to be released in the first place.

Ambipom could have been left with Dawn's mother and Gliscor at Oak's. The fact that as of now, they're released, is very bothersome.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
They aren't going to drop a pokemon that they've built up. It'll be back. Same goes for Ambipom.

That's a good point. While Butterfree had a good personality, Pidgeotto had nothing going for it, which was cause for a release. While Ambipom has a true calling like Butterfree that doesn't involve it returning to the crew, Gliscor's release was meant so it could become more powerful, probably for Ash's sake.

Gliscor has more of a reason to come back as opposed to Ambipom.

GreatLiver

I'd like to believe that. But there was no reason those Pokemon had to be released in the first place.

Ambipom could have been left with Dawn's mother and Gliscor at Oak's. The fact that as of now, they're released, is very bothersome.

But I don't see it as them dropping the pokemon. If they really wanted to drop them he could Oak them for some reason. We haven't seen any of Ash's old pokemon who are at Oak's, so that would be a fine way of just not having the pokemon around. They wouldn't be as drastic as to release them. It's basically letting the writers ditch a pokemon they don't want to write for for a while, let it come back being a lot stronger, as opposed to pulling a deus ex, and give development in that the pokemon is much stronger then.

Lucille

You can't compare Pidgeot and Gliscor. Pidgeot was released. Gliscor is in training. There two different things.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I think it's possible for it to return for the Sinnoh League, with some new moves. I'd like to see it with Razor Wind or Aerial Ace.

However, it's possible Gliscor will never be seen again, and will have the same fate as Pidgeot, sadly. We'll have to wait and see.

If it does come back, let it have something worthy of the Flying master like Sky Attack...

V Faction

www.faction.com
Hey, let's take a break from Gliscor for a while, 'kay guys? No need to follow up on the remnants of leftover drama. You don't want to go 30 episodes with a feeling of anticipation hanging over you just to be disappointed when the results don't happen.

Bell56 said:
(Cause he is too dumb to either recall one of his pokemon or barrow one from Dawn or Brock)

This struck me as odd. Why would something that's never happened before be dumb? (the part about borrowing one of Dawn's or Brock's Pokemon). This isn't Team Rocket we're talking about. They each have their own teams and it would be an awkward situation to use someone elses Pokemon in an Official League Tournament.

EDIT:

AhTreyYou said:
Gliscor can't learn sky attack?
It can via HeartGold/SoulSilver move tutor.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I think we should leave that up to this new opening we're getting. If neither Ambipom nor Gliscor appear in it, then I'll lose faith in their return. If we see them for even a second, there's hope. It's a shame that in this saga Ash has lost two pokemon from his team who have defeated major gym opponents for him (Aipom beat Roserade and of course Gliscor beat Bastiodon), which is something you couldn't say for Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot or Lapras.

If I don't like this Gible (and hey, I may wind up liking it, even if the preview made it seem a little too similar to previous characters) then I might be able to accept its inclusion on the team. But God knows I'm not a fan of that Cyndaquil- it seemed like a good idea at first but something just doesn't sit right with me about it. Probably the fact that it's so advanced for a newborn- there was no reason to have it be a hatchling.

dagon22

Charmander master!
I would have to say, no, its probably not coming back. Like James cacnea, and Ashs primape. However, I could be wrong, doubt it.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think it will return in the start of the league, like Charizard and Squirtle in Johto league.

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
I think Gliscor will be more likely be a pokemon to be called upon by Ash rather than a pokemon that Ash used to have. It is possible that Gliscor will return at the penultimate of the Sinnoh Saga because she was only put for training just to be a stronger and better flyer. Gliscor will BBL rather than being gone for good. I will be surprised if Gliscor returns :0.

Isis-sama

I don't want to complain about Gliscor's release, but as much as I want to see it return for the league I'm actually kind of hoping it doesn't do so. Why? Because the entire rivalry between Ash and Paul is centered around a disagreement over training styles, and if Gliscor was used despite the fact that it had been trained for a time with someone else would invalidate the entire point that Ash's training style is better than Paul's. Maybe it will return for the league, but just won't be used against Paul - that would just be dodging the issue, true, but it's the best possible outcome, I think.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Gliscor can stay with the Air Battle Master for all I care now. After seeing that Gible episode, I just fell in love with the thing. Much better choice than Gliscor.

In a seriousness though, I'm sure Gliscor will be called for important matches.

And screw the whole "Paul was right" thing. Its not what their rivalry is about.