• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Gliscor's Return

Champion Jared 14

Well, if it doesn't come back to battle in the pokemon league, then maybe it can come back if Ash battles the Sinnoh Frontier brains.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
No, Its about working with a Pokemon to make it stronger and giving it the best you can, instead of releasing them if they are weak. It doesn't matter who trains ASH'S Gliscor. As long as its potential is being brought out instead of being released on site.

Champion Jared 14

Yes, it is.
It really is, and for now it's looking like Paul is winning the "better training method" battle between them...and unless Ash thoroughly beats him at the league, then it will prove that Ash's battling and training style needs change, or serious improvement.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Ok. The only way for Ash to prove Paul right would for Ash to catch a Pokemon, and without any remorse, immediately release it. Thats what the rivalry is about. Working with a Pokemon to bring out its strengths as best you can instead of releasing it immediately because it doesn't fit your standards. Ash did all he could with Gliscor and ended up letting it train with someone who can make it even stronger. Would you rather have it just sit with Ash constantly lose, or have it train with someone who can make it better? The Air Battle Master is helping it get stronger. Just like Charizard in the Valley. If you take that into account then Ash has been wrong all along and Paul was right before he even met Ash. Cause this is something he has been doing for a long time. He leaves some with Oak and he leaves some with people who help them get stronger. Do expect Ash to carry all of his Pokemon with him? Does that make Paul right because Ash doesn't spend every waking moment with all of his Pokemon?

Honestly. why is no one thinking clearly on this subject. What part about it don't you understand? Paul releadses his Pokemon on spot if he deems with weak. Ash believes working with a Pokemon as best as you can and bringing out its inner strength is the right way. If Ash had found someone who is supposed to be the Air Battle Master of Sinnoh and shares his belief, then what is wrong with letting a Pokemon of his who has trouble Air Battling train with him.

I swear I am tired of arguing this.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Ok. The only way for Ash to prove Paul right would for Ash to catch a Pokemon, and without any remorse, immediately release it.
Lol, the only way he'd do that is unless he has a good friend of his that wanted to take of his new pokemon...but Ash doesn't like to release pokemon!!
Thats what the rivalry is about.
No, it's more so about what training metods bring out the strongest power a pokemon, and what training and battling style works better. More powerful pokemon. But some of the other details you posted, I can agree with that.

Isis-sama

Ok. The only way for Ash to prove Paul right would for Ash to catch a Pokemon, and without any remorse, immediately release it. Thats what the rivalry is about. Working with a Pokemon to bring out its strengths as best you can instead of releasing it immediately because it doesn't fit your standards. Ash did all he could with Gliscor and ended up letting it train with someone who can make it even stronger. Would you rather have it just sit with Ash constantly lose, or have it train with someone who can make it better? The Air Battle Master is helping it get stronger. Just like Charizard in the Valley. If you take that into account then Ash has been wrong all along and Paul was right before he even met Ash. Cause this is something he has been doing for a long time. He leaves some with Oak and he leaves some with people who help them get stronger. Do expect Ash to carry all of his Pokemon with him? Does that make Paul right because Ash doesn't spend every waking moment with all of his Pokemon?

Honestly. why is no one thinking clearly on this subject. What part about it don't you understand? Paul releadses his Pokemon on spot if he deems with weak. Ash believes working with a Pokemon as best as you can and bringing out its inner strength is the right way. If Ash had found someone who is supposed to be the Air Battle Master of Sinnoh and shares his belief, then what is wrong with letting a Pokemon of his who has trouble Air Battling train with him.

I swear I am tired of arguing this.

Ash sending Gliscor to train with a better trainer doesn't prove that Paul is right, but it does punch a big hole in their rivalry, as Ash is trying to make Paul see that his methods are incorrect and that Ash's methods can lead to success. Remember that Paul views Ash as a weak trainer, and if he ever learns that he sent Gliscor to be trained with someone else, he will probably conclude that Ash couldn't handle training it so he had to send it to someone who was stronger, hence Ash is a poor trainer and his methods are inferior. He will also probably view the improvement in Gliscor's strength as due to being trained by the Air Master, no matter that it improved a great deal under Ash. Remember also that Paul likes to point out flaws and inconsistencies in Ash's training style and also use this as proof that Ash is weak (no matter that Paul has shown a few inconsistencies in his own style, but this is never pointed out to him so is essentially a nonissue right now).

Basically, it's not whether Gliscor's release actually is wrong but that it is likely to be perceived as being wrong, and since Ash is trying to portray his training style, which consists of bonding with Pokemon, is superior to Paul's he really needed to act in a manner that was consistent with that fact, at least until after the Sinnoh League. Releasing Gliscor, even if it was what Gliscor wanted, isn't going to send that message at all, and Ash is going to have an uphill battle to prove that it wasn't if the issue ever comes up.

Seriously, the very fact that Gliscor left *to get stronger* strongly implies that Ash's methods are insufficient. Even if they really aren't, this was a stupid thing to do, at least from a storytelling standpoint.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
He will also probably view the improvement in Gliscor's strength as due to being trained by the Air Master, no matter that it improved a great deal under Ash. Remember also that Paul likes to point out flaws and inconsistencies in Ash's training style and also use this as proof that Ash is weak

That's one of the reasons i don't see Gliscor being involved in the battle with Paul at the league now, because if it does get stronger and ends up KO'ing some of Paul's pokemon, he's going to clearly know that something ain't right about it, confront Ash after the match about it, and then basically say that Ash didn't beat him the Air Master did because he trained Gliscor to get that power.

In the cases of Charizard, Squirtle and everyone back at Oak's lab, and this goes for Paul's pokemon at his brother's too, they basically self train themselves, not being restrained to following the rules of a teacher, after all Liza doesn't command all of the Charizard's in the Charicific Valley except the one she owns, and I doubt the Officer jenny with the Squirtle Squad commands them to battle either.

Gliscor is basically an oddball in this case because for all intents it is truely being trained by another person, just like Primeape and Ambipom are being trained by other individuals so them returning really isn't a good message when you think about it.

zeno48

Zaker!
No, Its about working with a Pokemon to make it stronger and giving it the best you can, instead of releasing them if they are weak. It doesn't matter who trains ASH'S Gliscor. As long as its potential is being brought out instead of being released on site.

Well in my eyes by giving it away to a stranger he met in one episode just to have it stronger which he clearly could have worked on together makes me think Ash is either a weak individual who relies on others to do everything for him or just a moron. I'm leaning towards 2.

instead of releasing it immediately because it doesn't fit your standards
What's wrong with that? I think Ash should start taking notes and realize some pokemon are overall better. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

Ash did all he could with Gliscor and ended up letting it train with someone who can make it even stronger.
Wow do you even listen to yourself? He could have trained with gliscor to improve but instead he gave it up. To a stranger he meets just for a day. How comical is that? He has to depend on others to do the things he himself must do as a TRAINER. He did not have to give it away like that.
Would you rather have it just sit with Ash constantly lose
Yes if it means they improve together.
He leaves some with Oak and he leaves some with people who help them get stronger
I don't think Oak trains Ashes pokemon because he has a lot of pokemon to watch over. They might exercise daily but that's just about it and Ash leaving pokemon for others to look over and train isn't what a trainer should be doing anyways.
Remember also that Paul likes to point out flaws and inconsistencies in Ash's training style
I applaud him for doing that because that is what a rival SHOULD be doing.
no matter that Paul has shown a few inconsistencies in his own style, but this is never pointed out to him so is essentially a nonissue right now
I think his brother, Cynthia, Ash, Brock, Team rocket, and Dawn seem to notice Paul's method and fairly criticize him.
it's not whether Gliscor's release actually is wrong
It is.
which consists of bonding with Pokemon
Who cares? Listen ashes lovy dubby heart friendship type bondage is lame. It's cute but it's not how you grow and become strong. Sure some pokemon might like it but i think when it comes to battling there is a lot more to it and you can just watch ashes battle with Paul to see my point. That is just none sense in general.
Ash is going to have an uphill battle to prove that it wasn't if the issue ever comes up.
I hope Paul notices gliscor's not around so he can laugh at him and admit he was right about him all along.
I swear I am tired of arguing this
Arguing what? Ash is a lazy trainer who depends on other people to make his pokemon stronger and his method doesn't cut it anymore?

HoennMaster

Just when it look hopeless for Ash (Cause he is too dumb to either recall one of his pokemon or barrow one from Dawn or Brock)

Are you kidding? Borrowing from Dawn and Brock would be stupid. There pokémon don't have nearly as much battle experience and training as Ash's. Dawn's pokémon might be ok, but they are more contest trained. He didn't borrow from Misty at the Indigo Leage, he won't here either.

Bell56

The One and Only
Are you kidding? Borrowing from Dawn and Brock would be stupid. There pokémon don't have nearly as much battle experience and training as Ash's. Dawn's pokémon might be ok, but they are more contest trained. He didn't borrow from Misty at the Indigo Leage, he won't here either.

In the context of my statement it would still be smarter for him to use one of their "inferior" pokemon than forfeit the whole tournament.

And Mamoswine, Sudowoodo, or Crogunk would make good additions to Ash's team.

Torpoleon

I don't know if Gliscor should/could return. Gliscor could beat a couple of Paul's Pokémon but Gible seems really strong as well. So I say, no. Gliscor most likely wont return for the league even though I want it to.

HoennMaster

In the context of my statement it would still be smarter for him to use one of their "inferior" pokemon than forfeit the whole tournament.

And Mamoswine, Sudowoodo, or Crogunk would make good additions to Ash's team.

He used Glalie in the Hoenn League and it was a great battler. The whole point Ash has always gone for is to battle with his newly caught pokemon.

Kuno-121

Gliscor was definatly a great and memerable part of ash's sinnoh team
It should come back and show use how much it has progressed
I think that it should return for the sinnoh league tournament and show use how he is

:)Gliscor is awesoomee
much better than gible i mean seriously -.-

V Faction

www.faction.com
He used Glalie in the Hoenn League and it was a great battler. The whole point Ash has always gone for is to battle with his newly caught pokemon.
Exactly.

Basically, they would never not make it so he has zero extra Pokemon to call on. Even if its something as wacky as catching a wandering [Insert Random Pokie Here], coincidentally hanging around the Tournament grounds.

J-boogie200

But let's not forget, we won't know what this League holds, same goes for the rest of the season. Ash is good, but not the best.

Gliscor, Squirtle, Charizard being trained by others, or other methods then their own trainer says a lot about Ash. Misty never did this.

To be Honest, I've always found Misty to be extremely better than Ash. Misty actually knows her stuff, and started out before Ash.

Same could be said for Drew. Drew knows his stuff, not saying Ash doesn't but Ash gets way too much credit.

I love Ash, but make a show with Harley, May, Misty, Drew, Dawn, with epic battles, and storylines, and you have a show that's a success.

Apart of me still feels Gliscor's still with us, crazy how this all happened out on the left side.

I actually like this Gible, and it would be really petty to hate it, because of another Pokemon's leave, which we don't even know is permanent.

However, being sent to Oak's I think would've set Ash in a more positve light.

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic
I'd like to see Pidgeot and Charizard and Baulbasuar and Squirtle return being evolved for Bulbasuar and Squirtle that'd be sweet. Same with Bayleaf and all those.