• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So I'm trouble logining in using my Pokemon trainer ID and getting this message: Unable to authenticate. Please try again. What's causing this to happen?

So I'm trouble logining in using my Pokemon trainer ID and getting this message: Unable to authenticate. Please try again. What's causing this to happen?

Servers are down, nobody can get in at the moment. There are also issues with logging in using trainer ID, but yeah, the entire game is down currently.

miles0624

Wrath of Fire
So, I don't really know if this is a glitch or not, but for the last couple of days, I've had nothing but three footprint images on the "pokemon nearby" tab, despite continuing to run into a fair number of pokemon even without incense or being near pokestops with lure modulators going. No success in trying to track pokemon either by having them move up and down in the list (can't find any consistency for direction), so not sure if something else might be wrong with it as well...

I have the same thing happen. I have to restart the app to get it to register.

Anyone have an answer to this. I have had this problem since Thursday.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

That's at least around since when I started having it too.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

I actually been having that stuff as well the foot steps stopped showing up when i get closer and it keeps jumping nearby screen. I don't know if its a glitch or not but it is annoying because I was going up, down, right and left and still no pokemon to be found but then sometimes it randomly pops up near me and gives me a buzz on my phone but its super rare. I missed out alot of stuff I need like jigglypuff,seel,hypno,tauros,and etc.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I actually been having that stuff as well the foot steps stopped showing up when i get closer and it keeps jumping nearby screen. I don't know if its a glitch or not but it is annoying because I was going up, down, right and left and still no pokemon to be found but then sometimes it randomly pops up near me and gives me a buzz on my phone but its super rare. I missed out alot of stuff I need like jigglypuff,seel,hypno,tauros,and etc.

I know! So frustrating. Weezing and Magmar some of the more interesting ones that have escaped because of this for me. Also just annoying because I feel like tracking would be fun/satisfying. That way, when I run into a cool pokemon, I could say it was because of my awesome detective skills and undying persistence, rather than a complete accident...

Edit: Apparently the tracking bug is widespread. Did some googling and found a number of news thingies about it. Here's a nice clear, comprehensive one.
http://http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/17/its-not-just-you-pokemon-go-tracking-has-been-badly-broken-for-days/#1338641b5782

Last edited:

Shraeder

It's Lit
I've also had the same issue where only 3 footsteps pop up. I noticed today that the glitch has gotten a lot worse, to the point where the nearby Pokemon tab says there's 9 Pokemon all with 3 footprints when at least half of them aren't even nearby. I was on a small peninsula about a kilometer or two long filled with people and had Tentacruel, Dewgong, and Kingler all pop up on the nearby Pokemon list, but not a single person found one (there were at least 200 people). Then, when I restart the app, almost all of the nearby Pokemon that were on the list before I restarted are gone and instead there's only two Pokemon on the list for a couple minutes and then it fills back up again despite me not moving.

Niantic needs to fix this issue really quickly because it's probably been the worst glitch I've experienced so far.

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
I got crashed out of the game and I had to reinstall it and when I did IT DIDN'T LET ME FLIPPING IN!

To be fair, this one is a temporary, explainable issue. Over the weekend, the game was released in Canada and most of Europe, and consequently, a massive upsurge in players occurred, which killed the server. So this isn't really so much as a glitch as a server problem, and it's likely it's been resolved by now.

(There was also the hacker issue, but that was on Saturday.)

Metalhart

Hey, I still can't log in but everyone around me can. It's been 3 days.
I'm using Android and a Trainer account. Everything is up to date. What else can I do? I'm really frustrated because, like I said, everyone around me is playing with no problem and I can't log in to save my life.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I know! So frustrating. Weezing and Magmar some of the more interesting ones that have escaped because of this for me. Also just annoying because I feel like tracking would be fun/satisfying. That way, when I run into a cool pokemon, I could say it was because of my awesome detective skills and undying persistence, rather than a complete accident...

Edit: Apparently the tracking bug is widespread. Did some googling and found a number of news thingies about it. Here's a nice clear, comprehensive one.
http://http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/07/17/its-not-just-you-pokemon-go-tracking-has-been-badly-broken-for-days/#1338641b5782

Hmm... I'm getting "This Page Can't Be Displayed". Maybe it's too many footprints away from me.

But I am really tired of the 3 footprints/tracking glitch. Don't get me wrong... I'm still playing and enjoying Go, but it's frustrating that everything is random happenstance now after having several days of being able to track things down. Now I'm just walking blind and hoping for things to happen.

porygonfan

I ran into a Fearow with CP???, I ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it. Was this some super high level or a glitch?

Meillquei

Keeper of Slurpuffs
I ran into a Fearow with CP???, I ran out of pokeballs trying to catch it. Was this some super high level or a glitch?

I think that happens when either you don't have that Pokemon or it is higher CP than the one you do have.

Idk if its really a glitch or if my hands are sweaty but when I try to throw a Pokeball the pokeball doesn't go far enough and falls close to me completely missing the Pokemon. I wasted a lot of Pokeballs this way.

porygonfan

I think that happens when either you don't have that Pokemon or it is higher CP than the one you do have.

None of those explain it. I see CP of Pokemon I haven't caught, and I've seen Pokemon with higher cp than what I have and it always shows a number. I can't find any info on this?

So I'm having this problem again and also sometimes after entering my info in I'm sent back to login page for the choice of google or Pokemon trainer Club.

I don't think it works right with trainers club yet. I saw the website having maintenance. It should work with google tho.

Burumun

About the pokéball glitch: I think this happens when the connection is broken, either because of not having an internet connection anymore, or because of a handover to another point.

A glitch I've found that's sort of funny, though, is that when I catch Pidgeys, there's a separate pair of wings hovering in the background. Has anyone else noticed this? They're usually in the sky in the background when the ball shows the highest point (I hope that makes sense...).

I can't even enjoy playing the game until the three step bug is fixed. I think the most annoying aspect of it is that I can't even see the relative distance of the Pokemon from each other. Even with them all having 3 steps under them it would be possible to track them by seeing when the one I'm looking for becomes closer or farther away relative to something else on the radar, but since I can't even do that now there's no way to find anything new beyond pure dumb luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.