• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitch perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was fighting around the vicinity of Mt. Faraway on level 13-21 (Not that any of this matters though), as a Castform. I used Weather Ball on an Azumarril (not that this matters either) and defeated it easy. So here's where the supposed "Glitch" occurred: I held down the R Button right after defeating the Azumarril, 'cause I obviously wanted to turn an easy corner. When I did, the Azumarril fell back, into the sprite when it's hurt/fainted, and then turned that wierd dissolving sort of color, standard for when you beat something. But as I pressed the R Button it stayed like this for about 5 seconds or so in the faded color hurt position, then turned back into the sprite it was when it stood up in perfect health, it even did the little animation that all Pokemon do when standing idle (Such as Feraligatr opens and closes its jaws, etc.). Only thing to this is that as it stood there, it was still in its faded dissolve whatever you call it look, but still animated. My battery died soon after I did this, so I dunno if perhaps the Pokemon springs back to life...?

Also, I checked just now, it seems that it may only work with Azumarrils and Castforms using Weather Ball, 'cause I just tried it on a Granbull, then Parasect, then tested it out with my Scizor. Creepy though nonetheless.

-EDIT- tested it out again, it seems that you must hold the R Button and then move in any direction, and it seems all movement is ceased, no matter what it may be.

~fuzzy out~

Last edited:

diamondboy

fredfredburger yes!
okay that's weird.

bluedude8

this happens all the time, what you do is attack the pokemon and hold r (you can hold it as long as you want), if you let go of it, the action will happen to the attacked pokemon

also you can do this when there's a sandstorm or hail

I checked it out even more, and it turns out the Pokemon who was defeated doesn't come back to life afterwards :( That was pretty much a given though. It would've been cool if that were true, kinda like the cloning glitch of MD or somethin'. XD

~fuzzy out~

frontier champion

I'll try that on Legendaries that don't join your rescue team after you battle them, even though I have the DS Lite (it still has the R button)

the legend master

i can"t do it.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Did you get the ex. points? It would be great to site there and kill Articuno over and over, just to level up. :)

KyonKyon

Gust of Wind
weird find

Munchlax3000

ooo, what's cooking?
kehehehe, nice, but 1 question, why would u need to clone in MD? all u need r 3 pokemon of those that have 2 more evolutions, 2 for 2 and 1 for 1, or ur friend areas will have no room.

Mudskipper

The Earthquaker
Something similar happened to me, without the use of an attack. My team was innocently walking through Northern Range when I came to a floor that had Xatu and Pidgeot in it. I walked across the room into the hallway, when I spotted a GREEN Pidgeot moving inside the room. It was out of my sight when I took the step, so I went back. IT WAS STILL THERE. It was doing the fainting animation over and over. I walked over to it to kill it, and without holding any buttons or anything, it turned into the "spirit" mentioned in previous posts. It wasn't attacking me, so I let it be. Sure enough, I found a Pidgeot-colored Xatu on the same floor. The same was happening as with the Pidgeot. This time, when I killed Xatu, it disappeared, and so did the green Pidgeot. I was creeped to death. Apparently Pidgeot and Xatu swapped spirits and colors.

Charmanderz

I have never seen this...
Maybe i'm not looking hard enough.
;-;

Mudskipper

The Earthquaker
It's just something random that is not supposed to happen, my best guess is an error in the programming or something.

Yeah, it's nothing big. It's just something interesting to look at and all, that's about it. Oh well, cool nonetheless.

~fuzzy out~

the legend master

but i want to do it ;-;

Okay, well here, let me try to sum it up real quick for you:

Use any attack move that will knock out the Pokemon, or just overall knock out the Pokemon. Then hold down the R Button and the control pad in any diagonal direction and the game should just come to a halt in movement, all that should go on now is that the Pokemon you beat will now be doing its "idle pose" but it'll have that look it has when you defeat it.

~fuzzy out~

ShadowEevee

Ghost Trainer
That's just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.