• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitch weather... 26% damage every turn!!!

Flintarceusmanic

There is glitch weather in platinum.
You need:
Pokemon platinum(DUH)
Two DSes(It is easier against someone than against the computer)
Another platinum/ A pokemon diamond/pearl.(Same as above)

First you need to trigger a weather condition.
Then faint a switching pokemon with pursuit.
The pokemon will get damaged four times. Once after each weather animation. Here is what will happen(the text and the animation)(I'm including your oponent because this goes on untill the original weather wears off)

-*Raining Animation*
- Pokemon 1 was hurt by its *insert ability*
- Pokemon 2 was hurt by its *insert ability*
-*Sandstorm Animation*
-*Hail Animation*
-*Sunny Animation

Each time a pokemon gets hurt, it loses the amount of health it would usually lose for getting hit by a sandstorm or hail (about 6% of overall health).

This has an interesting effect on some pokemon's abilities. For example:

-Clefable is not hurt at all due to Magic Guard ability
-Pokemon with Ice Body are healed four times instead of being hurt four times
-Castform will endlessly change forms (you have to reset)
-Cherrim will endlessly change forms (you have to reset)

Proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI6K9Z8oXkQ
EDIT:
This is a battle recorder code for it(red terminal in the GTS's number search funtion thing):
69-42830-27222

Last edited:

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
Surprisingly simple for such a big glitch.

Does this work only in Wifi, or ingame as well?

Dabottle

AKA Ados.
This...is...weird.
But nice discovery and I loled at Castform

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
OH MY GAWDS!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!! LOLOLOLOLOL! HAXXXX!!!

No really. I hope to god it remains in the English version
You can bet people will abuse the hell out of this ting
And the video was quite amusing as well... nice moniker... ACID WEATHER
Also, n00bs would keep castform just to annoy you and disconnect

Imagine the combination's!
Add leach seed and burn/poison

I also see this as a grave problem...
Nintendo won;t be happy and you can bet that they will provide a fix
Either it will be fixed in the english version or they may make a patch available through download for DSi users

~AND SO THE DRAGON SAYS~

Last edited:

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
nice I mean I already loathe weather anyway its such a dumb strategy that can be so easily used against you its not even funny so most of my pokes have moves that can punish people for even attempting to benefit from them

this will be even funnier I have a Clefable and Walrein that I use alot so I guess this will be amusing (hoping it remains in game)

MKFC

Shade of Blue
This is the most awesome glitch EVER. When I get Platinum, if this glitch is still in, I'm so gonna train a Clefable and a team utilising it.

Also lol at castform

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
Hahaha silly castform...

Neathyr

That's totally sick... o_O
Since it's been discovered before the English version, it is possible that the glitch will be removed, because the glitch to obtain Darkrai and Shaymin was fixed when D/P came out in English. That's what I think...

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I hope they keep this in. If so, I'm totally going to use it on a friend of mine just to see how he reacts to it. I'm going to have to raise a Castform now though lol.

Faerie

MONS
That is a messed-up glitch if I've ever seen one. I can immediately see how someone could abuse this like crazy (for example, what you said about the Ice Body), but using it with a castform or cherrim would just be annoying. I really hate glitches that make you have to restart.

They might find this and change it before the game comes out, but since it's only now been discovered, I don't know if the translators are going to see it.

bookist

Oh no castform palooza. By the way does it work with rain dish as well?

Volteon

Back I guess??
This glitch must be annoying.

The first Pursuit glitch was fixed in the early japanese DP games, hopefully this new Pursuit glitch will be fixed too. But this is just cheaper than the first one as it could be seen as a mechanic too.

SerenadeSP

My Loyal Feraligatr
This glitch must be annoying.

The first Pursuit glitch was fixed in the early japanese DP games, hopefully this new Pursuit glitch will be fixed too. But this is just cheaper than the first one as it could be seen as a mechanic too.

May I ask what the first Pursuit glitch was?