• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitch weather... 26% damage every turn!!!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
Wait a minute, isn't this a game-breaking glitch? Both weather conditions and pursuit are very popular moves, and obviously this glitch is unfair/unfun. Is there something I'm missing, or is battling online in Platinum going to be ruined?

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
The Acid Rain glitch has been removed from the English Platinum, and since the English copy's mechanics override the Japanese copies, we don't have to worry about it.

Flintarceusmanic

It has NOT been removed from english platinum.
I have TESTED it and it IS still there.

Raine Caulwell

Calm Gardevoir
It's there. Smogon just confirmed it.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50341&page=11

Of course, being the idiots that they are, Smogon is currently trying to figure out how to implement it into Shoddy Battle... I always knew these people were stupid, and I hope Nintendo figures this out and releases the patch soon. It's obviously not an "intentional glitch" as using Castform essentially makes your game freeze... morons.

DarkLegend

The Grand Draconian
I hope someone hacks the smogon site and destroys it....
Bunch of elitists....

Also, hooray!! I shall abuse the glitch all night and day...
However, I'm sure Nintendo will release a Wi-Fi download patch soon enough...

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Lmao? Patch a real game cart? It's non-rewritable, morons!

Game Carts have two memory parts, one writable, one non-writable. Hence nintendo was able to patch R/S and fix the berry glitch.

Eh... oh well, if we lose online battling, I guess that's just the way things go.

AMV3021

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
I don't really see the big deal, but if it keeps people happy...

Flintarceusmanic

I just got fly.
Will get the code in a minute.
EDIT:
69-42830-27222

Also that got a semi-awsome number

Last edited:

Last Disaster

Unchained
This kind of glitch is what causes me not to buy games. I happen to like Pursuit, and weather sees heavy use on my teams.

I guess I'm waiting for Platinum 1.1.

Rainne

Rainbow
This kind of glitch is what causes me not to buy games. I happen to like Pursuit, and weather sees heavy use on my teams.

I guess I'm waiting for Platinum 1.1.

Fail. Every game has glitches. Every game in the future will have glitches.

Anyways, I don't see why it matters. Cool glitch, sure. But, most people..if someone does it to them they will just go "You suck. Bye! *click*" So would I.

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
But I thought there are some who don't have that glitch in their carts...
It's kinda unfair if some did have, and some don't.
Don't tell me it's just RANDOM.

Guess we'll just use D/P for online battles...
Or ban at least one of either sandstorm/hail and pursuit.

Hoppip

It just happened to me while going through the lost tower,I was scared lol.

Last edited: