• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitch weather... 26% damage every turn!!!

Flintarceusmanic

This works with fog, uproar(strangely enough), gravity, and trick room aswell

Slick

Banned
And the great phenomenon here is? I mean great, you found a glitch! But...6 pages?

Rad3n

Banned
This glitchl is really annoying. It's a pain in the *** for Competitive Pokemon. Castform and Cherrim create an infinite loop and cause the game to freeze, so they need to be banned. Of all the annoying things. It's also 26% Recovery per turn for Pokemon with Ice Body and Dry Skin abilities, as well as a SpD and Speed Boost to Kabutops and Omastar. Perhaps more will have to go.

R_N

This glitchl is really annoying. It's a pain in the *** for Competitive Pokemon. Castform and Cherrim create an infinite loop and cause the game to freeze, so they need to be banned. Of all the annoying things. It's also 26% Recovery per turn for Pokemon with Ice Body and Dry Skin abilities, as well as a SpD and Speed Boost to Kabutops and Omastar. Perhaps more will have to go.

Wouldn't it make more sense to just institute a clause (or whatever) until a fix is released?
Don't use pursuit under blah blah blah conditions, etc.
or display sportsman-ship qualities or something

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I'm calling this Acid Hail, as it heals Ice-types and sounds better than "Acid Weather".

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
I tried this one...
It did happen though.
But IMO, the acid weather only happens if the weather is "permanent"...
Which do happen if you sent out those ones with sandstream or snow warning.

But if the weather is "temporary" (Sunny day move, rain dance, etc.)...
I think it will only rain...

To try it, you may need the following:
1.) A pokemon with perish song (like Misdreavus)
2.) A pokemon with pursuit (like Scizor)
3.) Challenge any in-game opponent with 2 or more Pokemon.
4.) And a weather-inducer pokemon.

You know the drill...summon a permanent weather, perish song, then send a pokemon with pursuit. Then after the opponent's "perish song count" turns to 1, push the pursuit button.
If the opponent do switch, and faints, then Voila! The annoying glitch finally works!
Seriously, why didn't nintendo fixed this one?

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
they will proboly remove it in the english version i guess thats good for wifi battles

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I really don't get it...

Why are you guys saying this glitch is so good, anyway? I just got into competitive battling, and now I have to deal with this?
Really guys, I'm not kidding, this glitch is neat, but once you get right down to it, everyone will be abusing it. Just watch. It'll happen....

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Hm... I just realised... The Acid Weather heals those with Ice Body when they don't have full health.
Does the same thing happen with Rain Dish?

And what about other whether-based abilities?
Dry Skin, Snow Cloak, Cloud Nine, Sand Veil, etc.

Also... Is this glitch "cancel-able"? Say you use Sunny Day, or you send out something like Groudon...
Or say you just have the acid rain. Will Snow Warning or Hail fix that?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
This is certainly interesting, has anyone tried it with the English release yet? It might be something only in the Japanese version. No one has answered that question yet.

Someone on the first page also mentioned something about a patch on the DSi, that can't happen. Like the Wii the DSi can not receive patches for cartridge games.

MBlack475

Falcon PUNCH!!!
Yeah the same thing happened to me the other day, but it wasn't through wifi, it was in the Lost Tower with the double battle w/ Young Couple Mike and Nat. When that happened i reset it with a WTF look on my face.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Yeah the same thing happened to me the other day, but it wasn't through wifi, it was in the Lost Tower with the double battle w/ Young Couple Mike and Nat. When that happened i reset it with a WTF look on my face.

I was wondering if this worked aganst cpc trainers...

...Fun glitch time XD...

I wonder how the programmers missed it? o.o

I was considering purchasing Platinum lately, and jumping back into competitive Pokemon play. Would I still be able to play on my Pearl online without troubles with this bug in place?

polelover44

Your Face
@ Above Poster: Yeah, it only happens if Plat. is host.

P.S. I heard that Nintendo is going to come out with another version of Platinum, glitchless. I'm not sure about the reliability, but I hope it happens.