• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitches

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Is it really glitch or just weird to have lvl 7 Noctowl and Lvl 8 Pigetteo (I caught them in Viridian Forest) *usually they was supposed to evolve at 16-18 lvl right?* Honestly, I believe it's not glitch but just weird low lvl early evolved pokemon right?

Not really a glitch. It did happen in the original Gold and Silver as well.

Uncertain that this is a glitch or a change. Repels do not seem to work while Surfing, and I know they did in previous Pokemon games.

Dragoon

Beginning Trainer
Ok, then I got glitched I guess. I used a Repel in the Union Cave today, then surfed and quickly encountered a Pokemon. It seemed to work on land, as I didn't see any Pokemon, but not in the water.

Repel is based off the level of your lead pokemon, if you lead pokemon is lower level than what you would encounter while surfing it won't work

jabs4

Is it really glitch or just weird to have lvl 7 Noctowl and Lvl 8 Pigetteo (I caught them in Viridian Forest) *usually they was supposed to evolve at 16-18 lvl right?* Honestly, I believe it's not glitch but just weird low lvl early evolved pokemon right?
Its not a glitch. They're suppose to be in that Lv. range. It likely explains why Falkner has a Pidgeotto at Lv. 9.

While we're talking about lower level bird evolutions, you can catch a Fearow @ Lv. 7 on Route 22 in these games as well.

Repel is based off the level of your lead pokemon, if you lead pokemon is lower level than what you would encounter while surfing it won't work

Hm, ok. I don't recall exactly the level of the Quagsire, but I didn't see any wild Pokemon in there a higher level than any Pokemon in my party. I guess that was it though.

BassGS

I don't know if this glitch is exclusive to HGSS, but I figured I might as well post it.

I RNG'd for a shiny Totodile (in an egg) on Platinum. I then traded the egg over to HG and hatched it. When it hatched, it was shiny on the hatching screen. However, when I had a look at its stats screen, it was no longer shiny.

The glitch has nothing to do with the fact that I RNG'd to get the shiny, because technically, the shiny was still legitimately obtained.

Does anyone know anything about this or if it happens in games other than HGSS?

Whereever you RNGed The SID and ID were a set number, when they hatched on the other game they instantly change to that game's ID and SID, but they still show the Original Sprite of the revious game. The same thing can be used to hatch a Shiny Manaphy from Ranger, Ranger's System is different and make it shiny impossible, but with the sudden change of the ID and SID the PID will change as well thus giving you that slim chance.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I ran into Entei while surfing to Ecruteak city... where I thought I was going to find him in a patch of grass where I sometimes do... it was really weird O_O.

Anyone else have something similar happen to them -- in terms of running into either Entei or Raikou while surfing?

Chimchartrainer07

I had a BAD glitch happen last night. I beat Claire and went and talked to the old man in the dragon den, and he didn't give me a Dratini!!!! WTF! I looked online google and serebii, and both said I should've gotten one after I talked to him. Am I missing something?

gdzila98

FireFox
I don't know if it was the game or my dsi, but when I put my dsi with soulsoulver in on top of my old ds lite, the screen went black until I took my dsi off of it.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I encountered a pretty huge glitch.

I was walking around Route 35, when I encountered a Ditto. It used Transform on my Croconaw. I captured the Ditto, and checked it out:

It still had Croconaw's moveset. Knocking it out didn't change it. Putting it into a PC box didn't change it. Taking it to a Pokemon Center only gave it full PP for its new moves. Turning the power off and on didn't change it.

So, now, I have a Ditto who knows Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, and Rage.

Has anyone been able to duplicate this? I tried, and it didn't work for me.

Dragoon

Beginning Trainer
I had a BAD glitch happen last night. I beat Claire and went and talked to the old man in the dragon den, and he didn't give me a Dratini!!!! WTF! I looked online google and serebii, and both said I should've gotten one after I talked to him. Am I missing something?

Not a glitch, the thing is you hafta go outside, get the important call, then go back in to get the Dratini.

I was rematching Whitney, and I wasn't really paying attention. So I glanced, and my Dunsparce's sprite was in front of the HP bar. And when I used a healing item, the circle was still around the middle!

BassGS

I totally forgot about this one, found out as soon as I got surf, at least on my game when you surf and come to land there is a little lag in between the surfing song and any other sounds. A good example is getting onto shore and walk as soon as you land, the surf song will play for a while, then the land song kicks in, or the surf song plays while the land's song is still playing, or when you are surfing you quickly go onto land, get an item, the surf song will play, with the "Item Get" sound plus the land song.

ZanderR110

Northern Darkness
I ran into Entei while surfing to Ecruteak city... where I thought I was going to find him in a patch of grass where I sometimes do... it was really weird O_O.

Anyone else have something similar happen to them -- in terms of running into either Entei or Raikou while surfing?

Found Raikou while surfing on Route 44. My guess is that the game is programmed make roaming Pokemon a 100% chance wild encounter on the routes they happen to be on, even if that encounter happens on the water.

What I want to know if this also applies to Rock Smash wild encounters.
YOU FOUND ENTEI UNDER A ROCK! THAT SNEAKY BEAST!
Or perhaps fishing. Would a Lure Ball be more effective then? Ehehe.

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
At the grassy patch on the route east of Mahogany there are three invisible patches of grass on the north shore of the "island". Also, when you surf with land in the tile south of you, the surf 'platform' is half in the ground. I also get the feeling that the catch rates are weird. Between my Japanese games and my English HeartGold I must have caught at least 10 legendaries within the first five Ultra Balls in a given battle, although there may have been several preceding battles. I remember getting Ho-Oh on the first one thrown twice, Mewtwo once in this way, and Articuno as well. ON THE FIRST ONE!!! That's just wierd...

jabs4

Yes. Entei on Route 31 surfing in that small area of water near Dark Cave. No glitch here.

marhawkman

I noticed one while Raikou hunting. The left end of the route west of the park(36?) is shown on the map as being PART OF the park. It's just an annoying graphical error though.

flygonabsol99

Not sure if this is a glitch but... Whenever im in kanto,i cant fly to places in johto on my noctowl.a quick answer would be appreciated