• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitches

EmpressMyuu

Has anyone come across any kind of glitches in their game? I think I've found one. On the S.S. Aqua ride from Vermilion to Olivine, there is a male Pokefan and a female Pokefan in one cabin. I am not sure how it works out if you battle them on their own, but they are positioned where you can approach them where they will both challenge you and you go into a double battle. I decided to go with the double battle. Boy was I in for a surprise.

The bar next to them showed six Pokeballs, so I figured each of them had three. My Pokemon were strong enough that I could beat them in one turn, so for three turns it was Meowth and Sentret, Meowth and Sentret, Meowth and Sentret. I thought the battle was over after that. WRONG. The female fan sends out a Furret. I defeat it...and she sends out one more Sentret. Finally after I defeat it the battle is over.

Do you see where the problem is here? Technically double battles count as one trainer, and I've never come across a trainer with eight Pokemon. But that's exactly how many I fought in that battle. Maybe the trainers should've been repositioned?

Last edited by a moderator:

cg_25

Trainer Trainer
Technically the game has the infrastructure that allows 2 on 2 with each person having 6 Pokemon. Thus, if you battled 8 the two trainers you faced shared Pokemon in any arrangement that sums to 8.

My opinion: no glitch, just a looked-over scenario that probably should have been changed.

DJComet

Can someone help me out on this one?

I've been working on Pokeathlon medals today and to the left of the Stamina Medal are two crowns. There's only space for one, so why do I have two? Would this be a glitch? How could anyone possibly replicate this other than me?

AceBunneh

Can someone help me out on this one?

I've been working on Pokeathlon medals today and to the left of the Stamina Medal are two crowns. There's only space for one, so why do I have two? Would this be a glitch? How could anyone possibly replicate this other than me?

I doubt this is a glitch as I have it both for my stamina and my skill medals if you mean when you go check on your course record and medals.. I'm pretty sure it's when you beat the second high score for the course which is mentioned in the serebii guide I believe.

But I never did quite understand guides as I see several meanings to everything..

dannydstk

in the slowpokes well i was paralyzed bt keen eye :O

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well there are a few strange things that have happened to me during the game. For instance, today while I was in the Ilex Forest, I talked to my Pokemon and the screen got dimmer. It's happened everytime I check the Pokemon now. I don't think it's the backlights though, since it only happens when I chat with the Pokemon, but it was weird either way. Has this happened to anyone? I've heard reports of crashes when you put the game on sleep mode too.

DJComet

I doubt this is a glitch as I have it both for my stamina and my skill medals if you mean when you go check on your course record and medals.. I'm pretty sure it's when you beat the second high score for the course which is mentioned in the serebii guide I believe.

But I never did quite understand guides as I see several meanings to everything..

Yeah, I just didn't see anything about course scores on the guide. If you have the same thing, then I doubt it's a glitch at all. Thanks!

Fizz

I encountered a wild Celebi on route 123.

OH U

I remember that debate. Good times, those were.

Anywho, I've noticed something. In almost every area that has black borders in a 3D area, there are weird outlines on the edges of my screen. It looks like a layer is showing through, or isn't being covered enough, or something like that. Not sure if it's only in my game, I know one of my friends denies this happening on his cart. I have SS and he has HG, if that makes any difference.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
I've had the game white screen for a second then go back to normal when the DS(i) returns from sleep mode, and I too have the dimmer screen whilst talking to my partner.

Neurotic Nuckelavee

Monochromatic Beast
Anywho, I've noticed something. In almost every area that has black borders in a 3D area, there are weird outlines on the edges of my screen. It looks like a layer is showing through, or isn't being covered enough, or something like that. Not sure if it's only in my game, I know one of my friends denies this happening on his cart. I have SS and he has HG, if that makes any difference.

What you've described sounds like the odd pixels I've seen on the edges of my screen sometimes too :/ I have HG by the way. I'm glad I don't' seem to be the only one thankfully it's only a little distracting and not really a harmful glitch.

DJComet

I've noticed this since Diamond. All of the DS Pokemon games seem to have this weird visual bug.

Buretsu

I encountered a pretty huge glitch.

I was walking around Route 35, when I encountered a Ditto. It used Transform on my Croconaw. I captured the Ditto, and checked it out:

It still had Croconaw's moveset. Knocking it out didn't change it. Putting it into a PC box didn't change it. Taking it to a Pokemon Center only gave it full PP for its new moves. Turning the power off and on didn't change it.

So, now, I have a Ditto who knows Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, and Rage.

Fizz

I encountered a pretty huge glitch.

I was walking around Route 35, when I encountered a Ditto. It used Transform on my Croconaw. I captured the Ditto, and checked it out:

It still had Croconaw's moveset. Knocking it out didn't change it. Putting it into a PC box didn't change it. Taking it to a Pokemon Center only gave it full PP for its new moves. Turning the power off and on didn't change it.

So, now, I have a Ditto who knows Scratch, Bite, Water Gun, and Rage.

I've been doing some Google searching, it appears this was a glitch in the original Japanese Diamond and Pearl as well. Interesting that it would resurface now... As soon as I'm done chaining I'll check it out.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but my Machamp used Payback when my opponent used Dig, and it hit. I'm quite sure this isn't supposed to happen, but I might be wrong.

Shiny Mew2

Gunshow
I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but my Machamp used Payback when my opponent used Dig, and it hit. I'm quite sure this isn't supposed to happen, but I might be wrong.
its not. its his ability in effect.

I think I found a glitch.Its very simple and harmless, when your with your pokemon walking next to you(for some reason you have to be outside) if you walk down so that you and your pokemon are facing down with your pokemon behind you, take one step up and when your pokemon is standing there, it seems that its head is being stretched by one pixel.

Ultimate Glalie

I don't know if this glitch is exclusive to HGSS, but I figured I might as well post it.

I RNG'd for a shiny Totodile (in an egg) on Platinum. I then traded the egg over to HG and hatched it. When it hatched, it was shiny on the hatching screen. However, when I had a look at its stats screen, it was no longer shiny.

The glitch has nothing to do with the fact that I RNG'd to get the shiny, because technically, the shiny was still legitimately obtained.

Does anyone know anything about this or if it happens in games other than HGSS?

Last edited:

Scizor_

Out of curiosity, has the glitch ever been proven true or false?

mhmm... never heard of that glitch^^
but I dont think there is a glitch of encountering celebii, cause if it existed, it would be big news and everyone would know about it...