• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitches

jabs4

Not a glitch. You can't just go from, for example, Pallet Town to New Bark. You have to make a stop prior to that. Go to either the gate @ Route 26 or Indigo Plateau and then fly on to where you want to go in Johto.

M_rock

Well yeah there's a pretty big glitch in the dutch versions,

They can't remember you saved you game XD

Guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for HG and SS :)

marhawkman

Learn english? Oh wait you did that already. :) You could get the english edition though.

Last edited:

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
not sure if this is mentione dyet but...Pokéwalker glitch: removal of shiny Pokémon. Basically, I sent a shiny Horsea onto my walker earlier, and when retrieving it back, it was back to normal :'(

thomas477

Johto Trainer
Not sure if this is a glitch but... Whenever im in kanto,i cant fly to places in johto on my noctowl.a quick answer would be appreciated

Not realli, i cant either, but it does make sense that you cant fly from Lavendar to Cianwood on a single trip, making them fly to a 1/2 way point does make sense

I don't know if it was the game or my dsi, but when I put my dsi with soulsoulver in on top of my old ds lite, the screen went black until I took my dsi off of it.

Dunno, but it could have something to do with the circuitry and stuff inside the DSess

EverChanger

エヴァーチェンジャー
I don't know if it was the game or my dsi, but when I put my dsi with soulsoulver in on top of my old ds lite, the screen went black until I took my dsi off of it.

I just messed around with this a little, and it works dslite on dsi, no game in slot, i'm assuming any game in slot, and when both devices are on. reading the warnings on the back, they must be breaking the part 15 of FCC rules because they are interfering with each other!!!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Not mine, but in my brother's game, it froze. Something could have caused it, but we don't know.

Last edited:

Coreracer15

Master of the Sea
i have a very annoying glitch.
after i passed the test, clair freaked out like she normally should, then ran out. so i went out of the dragons den and to the spot where clair SHOULD stop you for the tm. she wasnt there! i spent an hour talking to the old man and looking around the region for some sort of hint on why clair didnt give me the tm. so i finally stopped in the gym, and she said 'i was waiting for you!' and blah blah, she gave me the tm, so then the elder gave me the dratini. isnt that a strange glitch?

OnesAlterEgo

I'm not sure if this is a glitch but it's really annoyed me. Just now, I was hunting some of the running legendaries. "A wild RAIKU appeared". I had my lead pokémon use hypnosis and Raiku was put to sleep. "RAIKU fled". SAY WHAT?

jabs4

Entei & Raikou can still flee, even if you status them. Best way to deal with that is bring along a pkmn that has either Block or Mean Look to keep them from fleeing. Of course, both of them know Roar so it will be a challenge either way you look at it.

marhawkman

Arena Trap and shadow tag work. But you have to start the battle with them. putting it to sleep then finding it again seems to work there.

Phinocio

I'm not sure if this is a glitch but it's really annoyed me. Just now, I was hunting some of the running legendaries. "A wild RAIKU appeared". I had my lead pokémon use hypnosis and Raiku was put to sleep. "RAIKU fled". SAY WHAT?

Not a glitch. Just something stupid that game freak decided to do >_>

XD Mewtwo

Void#ZX0
I have some glitches, all caused from using the all TMs and HMs code.
The man that gives you surf stopped me like normal, but I couldn't take surf because I already had it, so I went down the other stairs then he walk onto the stage wanting me to take surf. I went back later and the third time he walks off into the darkness.
The guy that stops you if you don't have surf wouldn't let go to Cianwood even though I had surf and Jasmine told me to go there. I thought about restarting my game, then I learned that the walkthrough walks code I had was wrong, so I jumped the fence and went to Cianwood.
The most dangerous glitch is in Cianwood, the lady that give you fly will keep you in place while trying to give you fly, I had it so she walked though the gym and tried again, soon she walked though the rocks and off screen into the sea. I had to turn the game off and never beat Chuck.

Other glitches:
I never helped get Team Rocket out of Goldenrod city.
If you get Clairs badge the game will think you have all the badges, the same happens with Blue.
I never fought Clair.
The old man guarding the dragons den keeps me from going in.
The boy keeps me from going into Clairs gym.
Lyra keeps me from surfing in New Bark Town.
I never fought Misty, and the machine part event never happened.
Team Rocket is still in thier hideout even though I helped Lance.
Lance was invisible when he gave me whirlpool.
The Goivanni look a like does nothing.
Blue is still on Cinnabar saying that don't have enough badges to fight him even though I beat him already.

Strangely there are three HMs that I'am forced to take, even though I had them already.
They are Whirlpool, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb.

Godric

Petrew Petrew
I have some glitches, all caused from using the all TMs and HMs code.
The man that gives you surf stopped me like normal, but I couldn't take surf because I already had it, so I went down the other stairs then he walk onto the stage wanting me to take surf. I went back later and the third time he walks off into the darkness.
The guy that stops you if you don't have surf wouldn't let go to Cianwood even though I had surf and Jasmine told me to go there. I thought about restarting my game, then I learned that the walkthrough walks code I had was wrong, so I jumped the fence and went to Cianwood.
The most dangerous glitch is in Cianwood, the lady that give you fly will keep you in place while trying to give you fly, I had it so she walked though the gym and tried again, soon she walked though the rocks and off screen into the sea. I had to turn the game off and never beat Chuck.

Other glitches:
I never helped get Team Rocket out of Goldenrod city.
If you get Clairs badge the game will think you have all the badges, the same happens with Blue.
I never fought Clair.
The old man guarding the dragons den keeps me from going in.
The boy keeps me from going into Clairs gym.
Lyra keeps me from surfing in New Bark Town.
I never fought Misty, and the machine part event never happened.
Team Rocket is still in thier hideout even though I helped Lance.
Lance was invisible when he gave me whirlpool.
The Goivanni look a like does nothing.
Blue is still on Cinnabar saying that don't have enough badges to fight him even though I beat him already.

Strangely there are three HMs that I'am forced to take, even though I had them already.
They are Whirlpool, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb.

Those aren't glitches, those are the consequences of using external devices. I suggest not using them.

Rogue Striker G

We're watching you..
Well, I just saw Lyra in the GameFreak room. Her Marill was following her like usual, but earlier in the game, she called me and said her Marill had evolved, so is this a glitch or a fail in game design?

jabs4

Yeah. Its a storyline goof up. If you go to her house after the supposed evolution, you still see her Marill, running around like before.