• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glitches

Super_Nerd

Writer of Stuff
Well, you've forgot to beat Chuck or Jasmine. There's not another explanation.

... Oh man, I did forget about her. Now I feel silly.

Apparently I just assumed the game wouldn't have let me challenge Pryce without beating her first... and that it was beating him, not getting seven badges total, that triggered the Goldenrod takeover... or something.

But it seems you can do it completely out of order.

Chaos Rush

Well, I've also come across the glitch that the thread creator encountered. But here's one glitch I encountered:

On Route 21, I was on a sand island. As soon as I started surfing, there was no music o_O...

Acherus

Don't know if it's a glitch or just a loading issue, but when I start my DS and press A instead of starting right away the screens is white for about 5 seconds before the game starts. Anyone else experienced this?

Every game does this. My guess is that there is so much data on the game cartridge that it takes a while to load it all.

Don't know if it's a glitch or just a loading issue, but when I start my DS and press A instead of starting right away the screens is white for about 5 seconds before the game starts. Anyone else experienced this?

Yup, I have this as well. I noticed it on DP and Pt as well, but I think the white screen only lasts for about 3 seconds on those games.

AnthonyP

Haven't come across any glitches yet, which is a good thing I suppose! The Only experience I found odd was that I was able to challenge the 7th Gym Leader even before the 5th.

Tf5174

Haven't come across any glitches yet, which is a good thing I suppose! The Only experience I found odd was that I was able to challenge the 7th Gym Leader even before the 5th.

Thats in every game.

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Those are some interesting glitches

Silverevilchao

Scythe-Wielding Chao
Not sure if Assist has always worked that way, but...

I was refighting Whitney. My Marowak vs. her Delcatty. Her Delcatty used Assist. Which became Thunder.

My Marowak got pwned in one hit by THUNDER.

23caterpie

pokemaster
Not sure if Assist has always worked that way, but...

I was refighting Whitney. My Marowak vs. her Delcatty. Her Delcatty used Assist. Which became Thunder.

My Marowak got pwned in one hit by THUNDER.

Delcatty has the normalize ability

Tactical Fart

You know the haircut brothers? On certain days one of the two will be in the underground path in Goldenrod. Well go there on a day when one of the two are there, use their services, and don't leave the area. Save and turn off the game until the next day. When the time frame for the next haircut arrives, the game won't swap out the brothers, and you can get another haircut from the same brother on the next day.

I don't know if this has been posted yet but here it is.

RiRiGaGaLover

i dont know if this is a glitch, but i seems like for certain pokemon, when i first encounter them, every encounter after that will be the same gender. for example, I came across a female ekans once, and every encounter with an ekans i have after that is female. weird.

thats weird with the sand island and no water, i've had that, so i quickly saved the game because i thought my ds was gonna crash :S

No music :S

thats weird with the sand island and no water, i've had that, so i quickly saved the game because i thought my ds was gonna crash :S

My HeartGold team: ;154; ;199; ;181; ;76; ;22; ;250;

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
the weird one i found is that wakeup slap can hit a pkmn that is in the air when using fly

Because it was used by a Machop/Machoke/Machamp and they all have the ability "No Guard", which means the attack cannot miss.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
I've come across a mild glitch, it's harmless and only temporary. I've found that whenever I begin a game of Voltorb Flip, the sound effects (the Voltorb blowing up and the square flipping over) don't play. After this, the sounds play as normal, but on the first round they don't.

Chimecho3000

Not a glitch, but it's funny how you can do the Dragon Den double battle before unlocking the upgraded Elite 4. Lance's Gyarados, Charizard, and Dragnite suddenly lost their level gains lol.

Last edited:
Not a glitch, but it's funny how you can do the Dragon Den double battle before unlocking the upgraded Elite 4. Lance's Gyarados, Charizard, and Dragnite suddenly lost their level gains lol.

A similar thing happened in R/B. If you didn't fight Gary on the way to the Pokemon League at the START of the game (when he had like level 9's) you could go back a wee while later having already seen him with higher levels.

Anyway, there's some squares in the Lake of Rage which you just CAN'T Surf into. If you Surf into another square, you can go to these squares, but you can't Surf into them or go on land from them.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
Kind of a glitch, but not really.

Lyra called me yesterday, and told me her Marill evolved. I flew to New Bark Town, and found her, but she was still playing with Marill, not Azumarill.

Not realy a glitch it happened to me, it's just a fallout in the storyline. Not a majour glitch or anything.