• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Glory Blaze! (519)

dd1zzle

not suprised by that...but why doezs James' Canea hafta go to? :(

shadowmon

Boulder Trainer
great epi but i was thinking that shinji didn't want to released hikozaru or at least that he releades it in order that he would eventually get stronger and come back to him ... but satoshi eventually ask hikozaru to come with him which was a surprise for shinji too well at least it's what i think of this epi

uber gon

Accept Change
great epi but i was thinking that shinji didn't want to released hikozaru or at least that he releades it in order that he would eventually get stronger and come back to him ... but satoshi eventually ask hikozaru to come with him which was a surprise for shinji too well at least it's what i think of this epi

I'm surprised the writers had to wait THIS long to show something like this.

Shiny Linoone

Coming and going
Exactly.
I was shocked that Paul would actually release Chimchar... and even more suprised Ash would ask Chimchar to join him.
I figured brock would've been the one to get him, seeing as Ash already has the grass starter.

uber gon

Accept Change
Exactly.
I was shocked that Paul would actually release Chimchar... and even more suprised Ash would ask Chimchar to join him.
I figured brock would've been the one to get him, seeing as Ash already has the grass starter.

If Brock got it he'd just have Chimchar rot in its ball, more or less.

squirtleboy12

christian 4ever
this was an awsome episode but i feel bad for chimchar but its cool that probobly hes going to join ash now anyways this episode was surprising with the most violence in pokemon i ever seen

Dax

Legend
This episode was even better than the last one. It had more emotion and I loved Chimchar's backstory. Paul was honestly crossing the line but that's his personality and I love him for that.

The best part was the end but the thing that I didn't like was the animation. Chimchar had a really big head and in some scenes Piplup looked weird.

I'm excited because the bird is battling in the next one.^_^

Zoramon089

Rising Trainer

No, I'm pretty sure he released it and said he'd get a stronger fire type...there'd be no point in him releasing it and somehow expecting to find it again and come back to him, that just wouldn't happen. I think Shinji's surprise was just over the fact that Satoshi too it in immediately after he released it. Even though it wasn't his, it was almost as if Satoshi was saying he could raise it better than Shinji could himself

uber gon

Accept Change
No, I'm pretty sure he released it and said he'd get a stronger fire type...there'd be no point in him releasing it and somehow expecting to find it again and come back to him, that just wouldn't happen. I think Shinji's surprise was just over the fact that Satoshi too it in immediately after he released it. Even though it wasn't his, it was almost as if Satoshi was saying he could raise it better than Shinji could himself

Frankly I'm looking forward to an actual fist fight between the two.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
WOW, and Wow, I just was simply when I seen this episode, and it was insane, especially seeing it early in the morning.

I was simply surprised about Paul's training with Chimchar, it was like he nearly murdered it on the frustration that he trying to Chimchar to do. But that flashback with PAul's first appearance of Chimchar, I think that Flame Wheel was kick a**, now I see why he trains so hard with Chimchar. And that battle in the presemifinals, I think seeing a Zangoose, Paul was hoping for seeing Chimchar's real power which did not happen.

The real most shocker obviously when Paul gives up on Chimchar in the middle of the battle, I think his small teeny heart or dream was shattered when Chimchar chickens out and disobeys him. BUt I"m proud of Ash for stepping up and actually taking control of the battle, so far he been the one who been doing all the work. And in the end he releases, I can't wait the look of his face when Ash find its true potential he could not seek.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.

And also, why didn't Paul use Weavile when he was training Chimchar, did he release Weavile.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well, can someone tell me what was the energy attack that Ursaring used on Chimchar (before using Hammer Arm). Was it Focus Blast or some other attack.

And also, why didn't Paul use Weavile when he was training Chimchar, did he release Weavile.

Maybe it's because Weavile is weak against Chimchar.

Anyway, anybody notice that FOCUS BLAST was portrayed similarly to AURA SPHERE?

Anyway, anybody notice that FOCUS BLAST was portrayed similarly to AURA SPHERE?
Focus Blast is to Final Flash as Aura Sphere is to Kamehameha?

And one more notch on the *I FRIGGIN' HATE SHINJI/PAUL* scale, when he let Chimchar go! And now that he did that, I don't think I'm ever going to warm up to him.
Well, he's being a damn good heel then. Now to decide what he's gonna pick up to replace Chimchar...^^;

Geodude

That was the second time this question has been asked. Please read the thread before asking questions, especially when the episode has been out for several days already and your question is likely to have already been asked.

Mime Jr

Calm down Geodude. -_-

Anyways, I think once Ash starts to train Chimchar and it starts to get stronger then Paul is gonna want it back. Especially if Chimchar evolves.

By the way I love this episode so much. Its probably in my top 10 favorite Pokemon episodes.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Anyways, I think once Ash starts to train Chimchar and it starts to get stronger then Paul is gonna want it back. Especially if Chimchar evolves.

Paul said himself he'd get a better fire type(likely magmortar or one of it's earlier forms) to replace it after he let it go so I don't think he cares anymore about Chimchar's potential.

Just accept the fact Ash is going to keep it already.