• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go and chloe: Leaving or staying?

Psajdak

I like Go, but his thing of throwing a Pokeball at everything that moves, I kinda had enough of it already.

Still, I do find his Project Mew to be the best part of the current series.

Gingertail24

What makes you think Project Mew even has to end?

There's endless legendaries to make Project Mew out of. Go has barely seen 10% of them. He hasn't seen Entei and Raikou, all the Hoenn legends, the BW legends, the Galarian Kanto birds, etc. There's tons more they can do with the concept.
They announced project mew is reaching it's climax, so yeah it has to end. Goh main goal is mew, so to make a whole arc about him focusing on another legendary just feel odd.

Falconmaroni

They announced project mew is reaching it's climax, so yeah it has to end. Goh main goal is mew, so to make a whole arc about him focusing on another legendary just feel odd.
That doesn't mean he will stop being part of these expeditions with Gary, Tokio, and the two Kubfu trainers (forgot their names).

The Regigigas stuff doesn't strike me as being a finale for Project Mew, I know he'll meet Mew before this saga ends, but it feels like it has potential to feature many other legendaries.

desdar300

They didn’t really need a main character from Galar to introduce Ash and Goh to Galar. So I fail to see why there would need to be a new female main character from the gen 9 region just to introduce it to Ash and Goh(if he stays).

I mean heck they can just give Chloe one of the gen 9 starters and have her goal be something from gen 9 and could even have her clothes be similar to one of the female characters from gen 9 and it would work just fine.
The characters are dressed like that because they go to a specific School, not because that's how they usually look.

Also I was just giving a suggestion that would make Camila ( placeholder name) a distinctive presence.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I can get go but what is Chloe going to do?

Be the token female character of the bunch?
Or are we hoping that Daddy Ohmori is going to grace us with a new Eeveelution
Become the main character? Lead the party through a region as she works towards her goal?

She hasn’t decided on her path yet, and she should make a decision by the end of the series. It could be a good opportunity for Ash to hand the protagonist role over to someone new.

Falconmaroni

I think the fact that the gen 9 female lead looks really bland implies she won't be in the anime, they didn't even want to use Gloria for that matter. So if they don't use Koharu the only alternative is a new OC which would be the same thing, unless we have another traveling gym leader trainer.

Gingertail24

That doesn't mean he will stop being part of these expeditions with Gary, Tokio, and the two Kubfu trainers (forgot their names).

The Regigigas stuff doesn't strike me as being a finale for Project Mew, I know he'll meet Mew before this saga ends, but it feels like it has potential to feature many other legendaries.
Yeah but sounds like a better reason for his exit not him staying. I doubt there gonna bring the two kubfu trainers to gen 9 of all places.

Idk why you keep focusing on legendaries. Goh goal was never mainly on legendaries, it was on mew. So wether he meets alot of them or a few doesn't matter at all

And I'm pretty sure the regi place is the final expedition for mew considering they said it is starting soon. Considering they mirrored it with ash final battle with Leon. It would be an odd choice to mirror it and that isn't even the final draft expedition

desdar300

Become the main character? Lead the party through a region as she works towards her goal?

She hasn’t decided on her path yet, and she should make a decision by the end of the series. It could be a good opportunity for Ash to hand the protagonist role over to someone new.
I don't think they're going to give up on old Ash anytime soon.
They recently affirmed that he's eternally youthful.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
I don't think they're going to give up on old Ash anytime soon.
They recently affirmed that he's eternally youthful.
Plus they made the point of drawing parallels to him and Leon with Leon finding out that, even as Champion, there’s always more room to grow.

ShadowForce720

Yeah but sounds like a better reason for his exit not him staying. I doubt there gonna bring the two kubfu trainers to gen 9 of all places.

Idk why you keep focusing on legendaries. Goh goal was never mainly on legendaries, it was on mew. So wether he meets alot of them or a few doesn't matter at all

And I'm pretty sure the regi place is the final expedition for mew considering they said it is starting soon. Considering they mirrored it with ash final battle with Leon. It would be an odd choice to mirror it and that isn't even the final draft expedition
There is no reason why they can’t expand or even have it become meeting or getting all legendary and mythical Pokémon considering his goal has changed before.

I mean heck at first Goh wanted Mew as his first Pokémon but then wound up modifying it to catch all Pokémon leading up to Mew.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here while there is obviously going to be a mission dealing with the Regis the whole major final expedition Project Mew is the expedition to find Mew in that one location they named which will only last a week.

Although thinking of it they never did say when the selection of chaser for that expedition would be done so technically they could easily stretch the Project Mew stuff into gen 9.

Also before you try to argue that the Mew expedition was never meant to be shown if that was truly then they would have had the expedition last at least a month or more and not a week.

Maybe the Regis mission is the final thing for Project Mew stuff that happens before gen 9 hits but is the final thing for Project Mew in general because the actual final thing is that 1 week Mew exhibition.

Plus let’s like they couldn’t have Goh finally encountered Mew and try to catch it and fail and then it wounds up getting away meaning Goh has to find it all over again.

Plus they could have it where Project Mew finds and Goh found out that there are Mew sightings in the new gen 9 region.

Gingertail24

There is no reason why they can’t expand or even have it become meeting or getting all legendary and mythical Pokémon considering his goal has changed before.

I mean heck at first Goh wanted Mew as his first Pokémon but then wound up modifying it to catch all Pokémon leading up to Mew.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here while there is obviously going to be a mission dealing with the Regis the whole major final expedition Project Mew is the expedition to find Mew in that one location they named which will only last a week.

Although thinking of it they never did say when the selection of chaser for that expedition would be done so technically they could easily stretch the Project Mew stuff into gen 9.

Also before you try to argue that the Mew expedition was never meant to be shown if that was truly then they would have had the expedition last at least a month or more and not a week.

Maybe the Regis mission is the final thing for Project Mew stuff that happens before gen 9 hits but is the final thing for Project Mew in general because the actual final thing is that 1 week Mew exhibition.

Plus let’s like they couldn’t have Goh finally encountered Mew and try to catch it and fail and then it wounds up getting away meaning Goh has to find it all over again.

Plus they could have it where Project Mew finds and Goh found out that there are Mew sightings in the new gen 9 region.
The reason is that expanding it is pointless. Why would goh be interested and do a whole arc focusing on another legendary but mew? I seriously feel that is a stretch to justify using project mew for gen 9. I doubt they can stretch that goal for 3 more years.

And goh not catching mew isnt a good reason for.him to stay. No side character ever finish their goal. Heck him not catching his goal is a more.reason for him to leave. Considering most of the companions leave because they want to further pursue their goals.

Honestly it would make more sense for goh to part as he continues searching for mew.

Besides goh goal didn't really change did it? If he wants to catch all pokemon and lead up to mew, than why is he doing project mew? He is no where close to catching every pokemon there is. So the whole catching every pokemon and leading to mew is pointless. It's like ash saying he wants to win all badges to get to the league, but then he is doing a trial on the side that lets him him skip straight to the league

I feel like this proves the whole catching every pokemon thing was never supposed to be serious in the first place, cause that kind of goal doesn't work in the anime. That's probably why they gave him project mew, so be an have a proper goal and potential exit

desdar300

The reason is that expanding it is pointless. Why would goh be interested and do a whole arc focusing on another legendary but mew? I seriously feel that is a stretch to justify using project mew for gen 9. I doubt they can stretch that goal for 3 more years.

And goh not catching mew isnt a good reason for.him to stay. No side character ever finish their goal. Heck him not catching his goal is a more.reason for him to leave. Considering most of the companions leave because they want to further pursue their goals.

Honestly it would make more sense for goh to part as he continues searching for mew.

Besides goh goal didn't really change did it? If he wants to catch all pokemon and lead up to mew, than why is he doing project mew? He is no where close to catching every pokemon there is. So the whole catching every pokemon and leading to mew is pointless. It's like ash saying he wants to win all badges to get to the league, but then he is doing a trial on the side that lets him him skip straight to the league

I feel like this proves the whole catching every pokemon thing was never supposed to be serious in the first place, cause that kind of goal doesn't work in the anime. That's probably why they gave him project mew, so be an have a proper goal and potential exit
Yeah I do remember some of the showrunner saying that Ash and goes goals are supposed to be pretty stupid by Nature.
Like those things that you hear kids say and everyone at the table laughs at but has a certain amount of earnestness to it.

UnovaMaster

Project Mew is a one time expedition that might not end in anyone catching Mew, just encountering it

Goh's goal can still endlessly go on after this, he'll just mention Mew every dozen or so episodes in Gen 9 still, but Mew hasn't interfered in Goh's ability to adapt to whatever he's around in an episode for

Gingertail24

Project Mew is a one time expedition that might not end in anyone catching Mew, just encountering it

Goh's goal can still endlessly go on after this, he'll just mention Mew every dozen or so episodes in Gen 9 still, but Mew hasn't interfered in Goh's ability to adapt to whatever he's around in an episode for
That's the issue, without project mew goh goal is pretty aimless. That's why it also seems like a potential send off

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
That's the issue, without project mew goh goal is pretty aimless. That's why it also seems like a potential send off
Plus even more if it isn’t, Go’s goal of catching Mew becomes pretty limited by remaining in a singular location especially if Mew isn’t stationary. Should the next series only focus on the next region (God I hope it does) I can’t see Go going since that’d mean staying in a single region when Mew could be anywhere in the world.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years

Never been said that it is a one time deal, is a team that searches for Mew we do not know how many time they have been arround or how many time it will take or what they intend to do if they find Mew.

He will never catch Mew that's the point. He will see it and then he will think he is near that objective. Pretty sure that in the end he will be written off by making him go in a really long expedition.

ShadowForce720

Never been said that it is a one time deal, is a team that searches for Mew we do not know how many time they have been arround or how many time it will take or what they intend to do if they find Mew.

He will never catch Mew that's the point. He will see it and then he will think he is near that objective. Pretty sure that in the end he will be written off by making him go in a really long expedition.
Then would have just made the Project Mew Expedition longer then a week. Plus the fact they are looking for chasers would imply that each time they schedule a new major expedition the chasers and other candidates would have to do more missions and get more tokens to qualify for the next expedition.

Basically if Goh leaves it’s not going to be because of Project Mew.

Gingertail24

Then would have just made the Project Mew Expedition longer then a week. Plus the fact they are looking for chasers would imply that each time they schedule a new major expedition the chasers and other candidates would have to do more missions and get more tokens to qualify for the next expedition.

Basically if Goh leaves it’s not going to be because of Project Mew.
Yeah, probably after the whole expedition he may leave because of Sonia or something like that