• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go and chloe: Leaving or staying?

Red and Blue

With Eevee as a mascot what will they do if Koharu leaves? Give the next girl an Eevee for the 5th time?
Probably. Especially if it gets in on the new gimmick or a new Eeveelution

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Project Mew is a one time expedition that might not end in anyone catching Mew, just encountering it

Goh's goal can still endlessly go on after this, he'll just mention Mew every dozen or so episodes in Gen 9 still, but Mew hasn't interfered in Goh's ability to adapt to whatever he's around in an episode for
Food for thought:

With how they've been having Goh mirror Ash in some ways, there's a possibility not being discussed:

Goh failing to join Project Mew.

Just as Ash couldn't make way too far on his first league, he might not make the team but still decide on looking for Mew in another way. Either through his current goal of catching all Pokémon or he's told there had been sightings on Gen 9 region.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Food for thought:

With how they've been having Goh mirror Ash in some ways, there's a possibility not being discussed:

Just as Ash couldn't make way too far on his first league, he might not make the team but still decide on looking for Mew in another way. Either through his current goal of catching all Pokémon or he's told there had been sightings on Gen 9 region.
That would require the writers actually allow for Go to have any kind of failure that would result in a setback for him. Even when it comes to Project Mew, him screwing up in a way that should result in failure still has him pass his mission because the deck was stacked in his favor by the plot having that said screwup was only for bonus points. But given that Project Mew is the current trajectory for his story, I doubt the writers will have him fail to get in. It’d be like a region where Ash fails to get into the League on time.

Gingertail24

Food for thought:

They said the final expedition of mew is starting soon. So I'm pretty sure he got in

Master Pikachu 11

Food for thought:

I believe that he is going to get in and there is only three spots left to be chasers so they already showed who the three chasers are going to be which Goh, Gary, and Horace. I don’t see them introducing any other person to be another chaser

ShadowForce720

What are the actual chance of Goh and Chloe leaving the Pokémon Anime?
Hard to really say, maybe 50/50.

Just going the assumption that Ash stays on then there are 4 different scenarios/options when it comes to Goh and Chloe:

1. Both Goh and Chloe stay
2. Goh stays but Chloe leaves
3. Goh leaves but Chloe stays
4. Both Goh and Chloe leave.

Gingertail24

Hard to really say, maybe 50/50.

Just going the assumption that Ash stays on then there are 4 different scenarios/options when it comes to Goh and Chloe:

1. Both Goh and Chloe stay
2. Goh stays but Chloe leaves
3. Goh leaves but Chloe stays
4. Both Goh and Chloe leave.
There is little doubt in my head that they would ditch goh and keep Chloe. Especially since she is barely a main character and more of a supporting one

Mew29240

I think this is a hard thing to predict right now. Goh's got a goal as broad as Ash's and can pretty much go with him anywhere while Chloe's journey is arguably just beginning.

I'm leaning more towards them staying, if only because the Cerise Institute is such a convenient location to keep Ash in while also giving him access to the entire world for any plotlines.

Gingertail24

I think this is a hard thing to predict right now. Goh's got a goal as broad as Ash's and can pretty much go with him anywhere while Chloe's journey is arguably just beginning.

I'm leaning more towards them staying, if only because the Cerise Institute is such a convenient location to keep Ash in while also giving him access to the entire world for any plotlines.
I would agree if they didn't make him do project mew.

ShadowForce720

I suppose, but Project Mew is hardly the only means for Goh to find Mew. There's still his goal of catching every Pokemon to consider as well
Plus they can always have another Mew expedition where Goh has to collect tokens again to get selected to be a chaser for that next Mew expedition.

Heck they didn’t have a problem with having Ash collect gym badges for 7 different regions(if you throw in the Orange Islands). So there wouldn’t really be a issue with them having Goh collect Project Mew Tokens again.

Or they could come up with something else.

Gingertail24

I suppose, but Project Mew is hardly the only means for Goh to find Mew. There's still his goal of catching every Pokemon to consider as well
The problem with that is that they are barely focusing on his catching thing the moment project mew was introduced. His catching goal is barely connected to mew considering he is becoming a chaser before he is even close to completing the sex. So no, I doubt his catching goal is reason to stay.

Ash is the main character so ofc they needed him to have a reason to stay. So constantly doing project mew and comparing that to ash gym quest is mute. They can just replace him and switch him with another character. The same can't be said with ash

ShadowForce720

The problem with that is that they are barely focusing on his catching thing the moment project mew was introduced. His catching goal is barely connected to mew considering he is becoming a chaser before he is even close to completing the sex. So no, I doubt his catching goal is reason to stay.

Ash is the main character so ofc they needed him to have a reason to stay. So constantly doing project mew and comparing that to ash gym quest is mute. They can just replace him and switch him with another character. The same can't be said with ash
At the end of the day catching is still a major aspect of Pokémon just like battling so yes having Goh doing Project Mew and catching more Pokémon is still a valid enough reason for him to stay.

Also just pointing this out but you accidentally misspelled Dex as you accidentally put a “s” instead of a “d”.

Gingertail24

At the end of the day catching is still a major aspect of Pokémon just like battling so yes having Goh doing Project Mew and catching more Pokémon is still a valid enough reason for him to stay.

Also just pointing this out but you accidentally misspelled Dex as you accidentally put a “s” instead of a “d”.
Oof my bad, thanks for that lol.

My issue with the whole catching thing is that goh barely does that when project mew was introduced. If they cared about just catching, why introduce project mew. It just shows how disjointed his goal is.

It feels like his goal was an afterthought. I heard the writers didn't even know they were gonna implement it (don't quote me on this forgot where I got this from, so I understand if you want to ignore this point). But anyways the catching all pokemon is only prominent in pokemon go and Arceus. So it feels weird to use that as a justification for goh to stay in gen 9.

It also feels weird that there gonna stretch project mew for another 3 years? For the same end goal of him not catching mew again? And ik it's the same for ash, but the difference between ash is that he is the face of the series, as much as it sucks, he had to kept losing for them to keep him in the anime. With Goh, they dont need to do that. So to stretch his goal for another 3 years for the same outcome (I doubt he is gonna catch mew) feels pointless. Instead of just making another new main character

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
he is becoming a chaser before he is even close to completing the sex.
I thought this was a family show…LOL

(I know…it’s a typo. You meant Dex.)

Mew29240

Oof my bad, thanks for that lol.

My issue with the whole catching thing is that goh barely does that when project mew was introduced. If they cared about just catching, why introduce project mew. It just shows how disjointed his goal is.

It feels like his goal was an afterthought. I heard the writers didn't even know they were gonna implement it (don't quote me on this forgot where I got this from, so I understand if you want to ignore this point). But anyways the catching all pokemon is only prominent in pokemon go and Arceus. So it feels weird to use that as a justification for goh to stay in gen 9.

It also feels weird that there gonna stretch project mew for another 3 years? For the same end goal of him not catching mew again? And ik it's the same for ash, but the difference between ash is that he is the face of the series, as much as it sucks, he had to kept losing for them to keep him in the anime. With Goh, they dont need to do that. So to stretch his goal for another 3 years for the same outcome (I doubt he is gonna catch mew) feels pointless. Instead of just making another new main character

Really? Catching all Pokemon and completing the dex has always been a post-game goal for every Pokemon game. It's as much of a core aspect of the franchise as battling.

That said, I don't believe Project Mew will be a long-term thing. The outcome of the expedition is honestly the furthest I see it going and Goh will likely do some other catching-related activity in Gen 9 if they decide to keep him.

Gingertail24

Really? Catching all Pokemon and completing the dex has always been a post-game goal for every Pokemon game. It's as much of a core aspect of the franchise as battling.

That said, I don't believe Project Mew will be a long-term thing. The outcome of the expedition is honestly the furthest I see it going and Goh will likely do some other catching-related activity in Gen 9 if they decide to keep him.
Oh my bad then, not too knowledgeable about the old games. Yeah I also dont see project mew being long term. Idk, I feel the project mew is meant to give goal an endgame and exit. It just feels pointless to make a catching or whatever goal just for him to go to gen 9. When they can just use a new character for gen 9 as a travel companion. Which would have a goal more closely related to the region.

Well just have to wait and see