• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Go Players' Perspective of Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, the first main series Pokémon games for the Switch have finally been announced. Unfortunately, there seems to be more hate than love for the games. Since the games were clearly meant to attract Go's audience, I was wondering how Go players felt about all this.

Personally, I'm excited for this. I'll admit, I'm a little perturbed by the complete removal of wild battles. Back when we were getting all the leaks, I just assumed that we would first battle the Pokémon, and once we weaken it we would switch into Go catch mode, but that's sadly not the case. Beyond that though, I think it's a fun idea to use Go-based capture mechanics. I love the idea of actually being able to pretend I'm throwing a Pokéball.

Xuxuba

Well if it was a little bit less expensive i wouldn't think twice on getting it.

I would completely ignore the lack of wild pokemon battles despite that being really lackluster.

Not saying i won't buy it though, since they might announce a new feature that catches my interest. But as of right i still have my doubts.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm lukewarm about it at most. I really didn't want yet another Gen 1 remake, especially having just played Yellow on the Virtual Console a couple months ago. The graphics aren't astounding, and the human designs are actually becoming less realistic and more chibi. One of the things I hear is "oh, well, it's clearly trying to get Go players into the main franchise. Once they play LGPE, then they'll want to play the real Gen 8 games." And then immediately after that I hear "THERES TOO MANY POGEYMANZ111 I DONT CARE ABUOT POGEYMANZ AFTER MEW2!11" Really, guys? You really think that casual players aren't going to feel overwhelmed by suddenly going from 151 (and we know it will be even less than that due to version exclusives) to over 800 (granted, it won't be ALL of them in the main story, but the main story will still most likely have anywhere from 200-450 Pokemon available, and who knows how many of the 151 they're familiar with will be in the main story portion)? I'm wondering how many Go players that are still playing, don't have a gaming system whatsoever, but would be convinced to buy one and this game solely to play this game? I'd like to take this moment to horrendously generalize and stereotype people and say that based on the kinds of people I see playing Go today, not one of them looks like the type of person who doesn't already own at least one gaming console, or one who's just morbidly curious about buying one, but just needs the right incentive.

I'm wondering how we'll be able to get stronger without trainer battles? Will we simply have to catch stronger CP Pokemon, or will we have to catch a bunch of Weedles to grind up and feed to our Beedrill in order to make it stronger? If that's the case, how will we manage all the money we'll need to buy Poke Balls, MUCH more than we usually need in the main games? I heard that Pikachu and Eevee won't evolve, but the ones you catch can. This implies that Eevee can be caught in both versions. When? Pikachu can be caught in Viridian Forest, and that's not too far into the game. Will Eevee be found near Celadon City? That's way farther into the game than Pikachu is. Someone mentioned regional exclusives being transferred from LGPE to Go, but I doubt Kangaskhan, Farfetch'd, Mr. Mime, and Tauros will all be found in both versions, and I think Mr. Mime wasn't in the original Yellow at all.

I understand why they made this game from a business standpoint, and I'm glad that they announced that more traditional games are still being made. I know this will sell like hotcakes, and I'll probably wind up buying Let's Go Eevee myself. I'm just not that into it, but I don't blame people who are and can see why they would be. Just...start catering more to us Gentwoers ("Gentooers"? "Gentoers"? "Johto Master Race"?).

Pokemon Power

Me, I can't wait to send my Go Pokemon to the main games! They've been trying to incorporate that in Generation VII since Sun and Moon, so it's nice to see them finally do it. Bit of a bummer that it's gonna be limited to Generation I Pokemon when it launches, but I'm pretty sure they will add the others through DLC updates.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Bit of a bummer that it's gonna be limited to Generation I Pokemon when it launches, but I'm pretty sure they will add the others through DLC updates.
Even if they aren't going to add any DLC's for Let's Go in the future (to add later Gen Pokemon and regions), but its still possible for them to release more Let's Go versions in the future, since they are treating it as a Core game as well.

I would say that Let's Go is a 'Semi-Core' series game and not a Spin-Off, so there is more chance for future versions than for games like 'Mystery Dungeon' or 'Ranger'.

I say its a 'Core' game, because it is a game developed by "Game Freak", who have only created Core Main series games until now. As far as i know, they haven't created a Spin-Off yet.
And its a 'Semi', because of its linkage to 'Pokemon Go' (a game developed by "Niantic ") and the fact that some system of the game-play (namely how you capture Pokemon), differs from the Core Main series games.