• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
What shinies have you found so far? I only found Squirtle so far. Hopefully I’ll find some others.
Just Charmander so far. Same here.

Lucked out finding one Mareep (non shiny, but I don't mind it).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just Charmander so far. Same here.

Lucked out finding one Mareep (non shiny, but I don't mind it).
I found a couple of Mareep but none of them were particularly good. I would like to find more Larvitar and Dratini. Getting close to getting the gold Pikachu Fan medal.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I found a couple of Mareep but none of them were particularly good. I would like to find more Larvitar and Dratini. Getting close to getting the gold Pikachu Fan medal.
Ah, hope your luck gets better there. First Mareep I spotted despawned within 3 minutes of the event starting (I'm not kidding... was rather ticked off, since I made it to the place where it was supposed to spawn and wanted to catch it).

Holy cow... guess what popped up in my yard! A shiny Dratini! :eek: Caught him and named him Maxwell. A perfect end to a good night. Just went back on to see how much the game counted my steps and he showed up out of the blue.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah, hope your luck gets better there. First Mareep I spotted despawned within 3 minutes of the event starting (I'm not kidding... was rather ticked off, since I made it to the place where it was supposed to spawn and wanted to catch it).

Holy cow... guess what popped up in my yard! A shiny Dratini! :eek: Caught him and named him Maxwell. A perfect end to a good night. Just went back on to see how much the game counted my steps and he showed up out of the blue.
Oh. But hope you find more Mareep, especially a shiny one.

Congratulations on your shiny Dratini! I might go out to hunt soon and I'm hoping for at least a couple of shinies.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. But hope you find more Mareep, especially a shiny one.

Congratulations on your shiny Dratini! I might go out to hunt soon and I'm hoping for at least a couple of shinies.
I hope so too! I love the little guy. Found one in one of my regular Pokemon games after a bit of hunting.

Thanks! I hope you're able to get some more.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope so too! I love the little guy. Found one in one of my regular Pokemon games after a bit of hunting.

Thanks! I hope you're able to get some more.
Thanks! I generally don't have good shiny luck and it'll definitely be great when a couple appear. I've missed quite a number of Community Days so it's a great opportunity to catch up on them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Went up to a Pokestop and caught a good handful of Mareep. No shinys yet, but I did get a very nice 800 or so CP one. And I also caught a Bulbasaur and a Beldum. Got a gift and some items from the stop itself.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
One of the two Community Day shinies I didn't have was Beldum since I could only play for 30 minutes (most of it was spent stuck in a crowd of people that I couldn't move out of). Well, it happened and I finally have a shiny Beldum, so I'm thrilled to bits about that. I've also been evolving quite a few CD Pokemon, even the ones that aren't the best, so I can have some Pokemon with their special moves available for trade. Who knows? It may come in handy one day. Also, Smack Down Ttar, I'll take more of any day.

Even got a good shiny Squirtle, which is great because I only found one on that CD, so now I can evolve this one into a Blastoise!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Went up to a Pokestop and caught a good handful of Mareep. No shinys yet, but I did get a very nice 800 or so CP one. And I also caught a Bulbasaur and a Beldum. Got a gift and some items from the stop itself.
Nice. Hoping that you’ll get Ampharos eventually. I haven’t found any shinies since last time but I finally got a gold badge for one of my local gyms.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I only had one hour of Community Day available to me this time, so I made the most of it! Walking almost nonstop in the rain, I hatched a Riolu and Budew! Score! Another 10km egg ended up hatching into a Larvitar...great. Not like I wasn't being swarmed by them. I also got Shiny Beldum, Dratini, Pichu (hatched), Larvitar, and Mareep. I mainly focused on hatching eggs and catching Dratini today (gotta get that Gold Dragon Medal!), but I ended up also focusing on catching Pikachu (gotta get that Gold Pikachu Fan Medal!), Mareep, Larvitar, and Beldum (forget the starters!). I did a Machamp raid as well, just for potential Rare Candies and Machop candies for my actually powerful Machamp. No Cresselia raids popped up. As much as I'd like to evolve the shinies I caught today, they're all very weak, so if I want some new attackers, I'll be going with the higher CP ones instead. I'd say that was a good haul for an hour's work!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Today was a rather interesting day.

Right off the bat... I caught a shiny Chikorita. It's IV's are in the decent category, but I don't care. I also have a Beldum that is now a Metang.

In minor regards, I caught a few Dratini's, Cyndaquils and some Bulbasaurs. It was a good walk all around.

quake

No shinnies on my run today but I kept my final research and thank the RNG God's it came up Articuno!!! Also I got a Sinnoh Stone so I now have Electivire! I evolved my pupitar to get Smack Down Ttar and Dragon Pulse Amph even though I'll never use it. Hoping to get more Ttar before the event ends because they'll come in handy for the lake trio

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know, at first I was little bummed by the way they're doing Community Day this month. I've managed to catch at least two Shinies for each Community Day, and still have an overabundance of candy for all the Community Day Pokémon, so this month's felt like a little bit of a waste to me. But now I've got to admit, I actually really appreciate the break from the work of a Community Day. Community Days may be fun, but between the getting up early and dedicating two to three hours to playing Go, which I wouldn't have done otherwise, Community Day can sometimes feel like a chore. So it was a bit of relief not having to worry about any of that, especially during studying season for finals. And even not focusing on Community Day, I still managed to catch a Shiny Charmander (my favorite) and Bulbasaur while walking to the store. May not need them, but you can never have too many Shinies.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
This weekend I got a couple Cresselia, a couple hundred Dratini and Larvitar, and the chance to use my organizational and writing skills.

We had 3 legendary raids from 1pm to 430pm which are the event bonus hours. This is what one of the raids looked like at hatch:
47323670_10157813885302656_2872119698273599488_n.jpg

You can definitely tell it was not a safe situation at all from that. When I got home I contacted the mall right away to let them know that I will be taking steps to prevent this from getting so bad again. I ended up posting in the three largest groups for my state on Facebook why this is not okay and then posted a Google Drive Document I wrote outlining the expectations to make sure that everyone still has fun, but is safe.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I participated in the Community Day bonus and I got two shiny Chikorita, a shiny Pikachu, shiny Beldum and a shiny Bulbasaur. I evolved my shiny Pikachu and fully evolved my shiny Bulbasaur. I got a shiny Squirtle after the bonus event ended.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I didn't play too much. Evolved my Pupitar into Tyranitar (84%) to have Smack Down, as well as captured a Shiny Squirtle in first encounter. I'm planning to trade it to Let's Go.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice. Hoping that you’ll get Ampharos eventually. I haven’t found any shinies since last time but I finally got a gold badge for one of my local gyms.
Thanks. I evolved my regular good CP one into a Flaffy today. No luck with Mareep. But I did get a gift, some items and a 5 KM egg. Also caught some Pokemon, including a Beldum and a regular Mareep. Hatched a pair of eggs, one was a Alolan Geodude and the other was a Wynaut. Both of which I turned into candies.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Me did it!

Me actually did it!

I finally caught my first legendary Pokemon from a raid in the form of Cresselia yesterday! Idk why but it felt surreal. To think RNG would be on my side...funny!

It was a great moment let's leave it at that~

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Shiny Misdreavus is in the building, guys!

Not that I have it lol

Anyway, didn't fair as well with shinies today, but I still call it a success. One shiny Squirtle, and a heaping helping of Dratini. Got a Gengar in a raid and it's 89%, but I'm probably gonna transfer it to Let's Go so I don't have to buy a membership to trade and stuff. Also got Meltan last night, but only caught 9 out of 10 since the 10th one just didn't show up. Womp. Either way, walked a lot, so I'm happy regardless

Me did it!

Me actually did it!

I finally caught my first legendary Pokemon from a raid in the form of Cresselia yesterday! Idk why but it felt surreal. To think RNG would be on my side...funny!

It was a great moment let's leave it at that~

Way to go!