• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Well... today was a lucky day.

Finally caught a Ditto. (It was a Gulpin!) And caught a Chansey.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I managed to get my first Absol! So yeah, I took on an Absol raid. Not the best one but still glad that I got one. Not much else happened.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Went to a couple of Pokestops and a Gym, where I defeated a Mawile raid and got one. Now up to 5/10 raids. Got some new research, items and a couple of gifts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Went to a couple of Pokestops and a Gym, where I defeated a Mawile raid and got one. Now up to 5/10 raids. Got some new research, items and a couple of gifts.
Nice! You're definitely getting there. I don't think Mawile should be too hard. But I did a trade and I got my first Lucky Pokémon! It was a Bellsprout, which wasn't really the greatest, but I still got one anyway.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Haven't really been able to go out and about lately, but that doesn't mean I can't open gifts! I'm coming up real close to best friends on numerous ones, with some ultra friends as well, so all I got to do is wait to drop that lucky egg and reap the benefits!

As for actual catching and hatching, I recently hatched my first 100% IV Pokemon--an Aron! It's more of a defender than an attacker, but I still think it's really cool. Other than that, not too much since again, haven't been able to roam around a lot, but Adventure Sync makes it so much easier to get some steps in.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice! You're definitely getting there. I don't think Mawile should be too hard. But I did a trade and I got my first Lucky Pokémon! It was a Bellsprout, which wasn't really the greatest, but I still got one anyway.
Thanks! Yea it wasn't. I had a pair of Flareons that helped along with my Typhlosion. The game put in a couple of Pokemon that weren't that good against it, my Gyarados and Blastoise. Wanted to switch out, but wasn't able to in time. They still were a bit helpful though. So no complaints. Awesome! Hoping to work on some Research. Got a spin 10 Pokestops one. Shouldn't be too hard to complete.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! Yea it wasn't. I had a pair of Flareons that helped along with my Typhlosion. The game put in a couple of Pokemon that weren't that good against it, my Gyarados and Blastoise. Wanted to switch out, but wasn't able to in time. They still were a bit helpful though. So no complaints. Awesome! Hoping to work on some Research. Got a spin 10 Pokestops one. Shouldn't be too hard to complete.
Yeah it even picks for specific movesets. In case I’m against Cresselia and because it had Moonblast, my Metagross get picked over something like Tyranitar.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah it even picks for specific movesets. In case I’m against Cresselia and because it had Moonblast, my Metagross get picked over something like Tyranitar.
Yea sometimes it's on the ball... and sometimes not. Thinking back, I would have switched in my Rhydon for either my Gyarados or my Blastoise, given Steel's weakness to Ground. Ah I see.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea sometimes it's on the ball... and sometimes not. Thinking back, I would have switched in my Rhydon for either my Gyarados or my Blastoise, given Steel's weakness to Ground. Ah I see.
Most of the time I use Metagross against Mawile these days. They’re pretty good even though they don’t have super effective attacks.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I did 2 PvP battles tonight after getting home at 9:45pm. I won against a best friend in Master League and got 500 stardust. I lost to them in Great league and they got a Sinnoh Stone.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Did my 4 battles (apparently you can only get 4 items per day from battles, or so my other friends have experimented) and got...stardust. Every. Single. Time. Won 3 out of 4 battles, just dust. Kinda sucks because I have a feeling they're gonna nerf the stone chances soon after launch, but hey, I can always try tomorrow.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Did my 4 battles (apparently you can only get 4 items per day from battles, or so my other friends have experimented) and got...stardust. Every. Single. Time. Won 3 out of 4 battles, just dust. Kinda sucks because I have a feeling they're gonna nerf the stone chances soon after launch, but hey, I can always try tomorrow.
I can't find where to battle the three gym leaders like where are they on the screen? =(

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I can't find where to battle the three gym leaders like where are they on the screen? =(
Check your nearby Pokémon list. There should be a new Battle option.

I trained today and I finally got another Sinnoh Stone! It has been a pain to find one since its rate got dropped.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Most of the time I use Metagross against Mawile these days. They’re pretty good even though they don’t have super effective attacks.
Nice! That's pretty good, given its defense. Mine's around 25 candies away from being able to evolve into one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! That's pretty good, given its defense. Mine's around 25 candies away from being able to evolve into one.
You’re pretty close with Metang! I hope you’ll get the candy to get a Metagross soon.

thekorean

Got a Sinnoh Stone from battling one of the Team Leaders.
So from what I understand you have 3 shots at getting a Sinnoh Stone per day, 2 from battling other people and 1 from battling Team Leader.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Got an Entei from my most recent research reward, still need that Zapdos/Moltres. I also missed out on getting a research stamp on the 12th cause I was too busy. But on the plus side I was able to connect to lets go and catch some mystery box Meltan.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Got Zapdos! Only need Articuno to get all the Legendary birds. After then I only need Farfetch’d to complete the Kanto Pokédex.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I still haven't received a Sinnoh Stone from PvP battles. I do want to get more people to ultra friend status so I have a better chance of getting 3 battles in per day. YEsterday I finally got an Alolan Marowak to complete the catch Cubone task. That was the biggest gate for me so far. I know I have an Aerodactyl reward waiting to be claimed.

quake

So I won my first pvp battle tonight, not embarrassed to say it took me a few loses to figure out a good team for each tier. Got a Sinnoh Stone from my win so now I have a magmortar. Used some dust to give my Torterra an extra move, stone edge and earthquake, my official electric killer