• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I'll try to do that. I only have so many Pokemon that I want to transfer lol. So far it's certainly living up to that! I hope that Game Freak never goes this route again. I hope so.
Keep testing until you get a successful transfer. Good luck on it!

I put quite a lot of Pokémon in the Gyms yesterday. Looking to upgrade my bag space to 1250 items max for Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Keep testing until you get a successful transfer. Good luck on it!

I put quite a lot of Pokémon in the Gyms yesterday. Looking to upgrade my bag space to 1250 items max for Community Day.
Thanks! Will be catching my share of crap/fodder, since this stupid thing keeps on destroying my Pokemon.

Sweet! Awesome, hope you're able to do so. I'm still 50 or so coins away from getting up to 400 Pokemon storage spots over all.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! Will be catching my share of crap/fodder, since this stupid thing keeps on destroying my Pokemon.

Sweet! Awesome, hope you're able to do so. I'm still 50 or so coins away from getting up to 400 Pokemon storage spots over all.
And yeah, lots of them as many of them are sacrificed to make it work out.

Yeah, that's definitely quite some progress. I have just upgraded my Pokémon storage to 650 Pokémon and it was filling quite quickly during the Christmas baby Pokémon event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And yeah, lots of them as many of them are sacrificed to make it work out.

Yeah, that's definitely quite some progress. I have just upgraded my Pokémon storage to 650 Pokémon and it was filling quite quickly during the Christmas baby Pokémon event.
Yep. Nothing like trying to get the stupid thing to work.

Found some other people in the same boat: https://en-americas-support.nintend...-go-eevee-crashes-lets-go-eevee/comment/20273

Definitely. Sweet. It's just taking longer on my end due to only getting handfuls of coins at a time. It's kind of a pain.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Nothing like trying to get the stupid thing to work.

Found some other people in the same boat: https://en-americas-support.nintend...-go-eevee-crashes-lets-go-eevee/comment/20273

Definitely. Sweet. It's just taking longer on my end due to only getting handfuls of coins at a time. It's kind of a pain.
As if nothing seems to work, unfortunately. Could be on either Game Freak or Niantic's end.

Yeah but unfortunately my Pokémon got knocked out before midnight and I couldn't get my 50 coins so it'll take a while for me to upgrade my item storage.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
As if nothing seems to work, unfortunately. Could be on either Game Freak or Niantic's end.

Yeah but unfortunately my Pokémon got knocked out before midnight and I couldn't get my 50 coins so it'll take a while for me to upgrade my item storage.
Yea I was thinking that. Not giving up though. But I'm planning on asking a friend if they could transfer some Pokemon (if they have any extras) over to Go park. They have a newer phone so maybe they'd have better luck.

Got to go out today and get a 10km egg, did some battling, got a stamp for 5 battles in a row, took that gym (my Ursaring came back with 10 coins), got some items and a gift. Not too shabby.

Dang that's too bad. Hope it does better next time.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I was thinking that. Not giving up though. But I'm planning on asking a friend if they could transfer some Pokemon (if they have any extras) over to Go park. They have a newer phone so maybe they'd have better luck.

Got to go out today and get a 10km egg, did some battling, got a stamp for 5 battles in a row, took that gym (my Ursaring came back with 10 coins), got some items and a gift. Not too shabby.

Dang that's too bad. Hope it does better next time.
Yeah I think the newer phones might be better with transferring Pokémon to GO Park.

Still haven't gotten a 10 km Egg but I got Sinnoh Stones from training with the team leaders for a couple of days at least. It's great that I'm getting the Sinnoh Stone luck these days.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I think the newer phones might be better with transferring Pokémon to GO Park.

Still haven't gotten a 10 km Egg but I got Sinnoh Stones from training with the team leaders for a couple of days at least. It's great that I'm getting the Sinnoh Stone luck these days.
Yea and that's the thing. It's an over $100 barrier just to get a Mystery box. What the heck, Niantic/Game Freak? /facepalm Just glad that there's another option to get a Meltan via research and that it's possible to get one via trade for Let's Go. I won't be upgrading my phone until it dies (seriously). Then I'll look into getting a new one. (Swear that companies don't live in the real world. They think everyone can get the newest phones.)

Ah. Cool. Haven't gotten any more Sinnoh Stones lately other than the one I got awhile back.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea and that's the thing. It's an over $100 barrier just to get a Mystery box. What the heck, Niantic/Game Freak? /facepalm Just glad that there's another option to get a Meltan via research and that it's possible to get one via trade for Let's Go. I won't be upgrading my phone until it dies (seriously). Then I'll look into getting a new one. (Swear that companies don't live in the real world. They think everyone can get the newest phones.)

Ah. Cool. Haven't gotten any more Sinnoh Stones lately other than the one I got awhile back.
And only care about the latest ones. Could also be on the end on the smartphone companies too.

Yeah. If you train for a couple of days and get lucky, you should be able to rack in a few.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
And only care about the latest ones. Could also be on the end on the smartphone companies too.

Yeah. If you train for a couple of days and get lucky, you should be able to rack in a few.
Yep and that could be the case as well. It's just crappy to say the least. To be able to get to around 100 percent in the trade and then have it crash... seriously?! /facepalm It's the game version of a paper shredder. I wouldn't trust it to any Pokemon that are very rare.

I just don't get how it can connect easily (even though when I have it off it says 'it's not compatible' -- I think it's due to it thinking I don't have bluetooth on my phone for a sec... when I have it off), and yet still run into trading issues. Seriously? I just hope that both Niantic and Game Freak solve this baloney through updates. They know that a lot of people are running into the problem too! Just got a message via Niantic mentioning about it. So it's a pretty bad one. You'd think they'd have that kind of thing ironed out before the games release. It's just common sense.

Here's to hoping.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep and that could be the case as well. It's just crappy to say the least. To be able to get to around 100 percent in the trade and then have it crash... seriously?! /facepalm It's the game version of a paper shredder. I wouldn't trust it to any Pokemon that are very rare. I just don't get how it can connect easily (even though when I have it off it says 'it's not compatible' -- I think it's due to it thinking I don't have bluetooth on my phone for a sec... when I have it off), and yet still run into trading issues. Seriously? I just hope that both Niantic and Game Freak solve this baloney through updates. They know that a lot of people are running into the problem too! Just got a message via Niantic mentioning about it. So it's a pretty bad one.

Here's to hoping.
I've seen how bad that situation has become. Some people have even lost their shiny Pokémon due to the game crashing and I hope a patch comes out soon if it's a software issue. I hope it's a software issue because if it was a hardware issue then you'll probably have to buy a new phone or a Switch and it's more frustrating.

Yeah I hope so. But I would like to get some more better IV and CP Pokémon that can evolve with the Sinnoh Stone before using them up.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I've seen how bad that situation has become. Some people have even lost their shiny Pokémon due to the game crashing and I hope a patch comes out soon if it's a software issue. I hope it's a software issue because if it was a hardware issue then you'll probably have to buy a new phone or a Switch and it's more frustrating.

Yeah I hope so. But I would like to get some more better IV and CP Pokémon that can evolve with the Sinnoh Stone before using them up.
Yea I heard about those kinds of issues too. It's just terrible. I hope so too, because this system was expensive. There's supposed to be a new model coming out next year, but I sure as heck don't hope that they pull a fast one and say 'hey guys, you'll have to get the newest Switch to get your games to work' (basically like what you mentioned) I'd be ticked off to say the least, as this system is an investment for me. (I went with this model, as I figure the newer one would just be too expensive and probably won't be much better.) I'd be thinking, 'hey why don't you get us all new systems then :D, since you screwed up the first model' (I know it would never happen, but hey, it's how I would feel given things.).

It sometimes seems to stick around 80 percent (and at times crashes there) and then sometimes goes to 100 percent and crashes (In terms of the game and GO). So something is definitely up there. What could be causing that? My connection is pretty stable internet wise. I've only had a very small handful of disconnects/issues with my 3ds and Pokemon trading and battling. So the fault/blame can't go there fully. And I can battle my friends in GO just fine via it.

This makes no sense. Found a phone similar to mine (from around 2015) and it has LE.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-6901.php

Wow. This is rich.

Pokémon‏Verified account @Pokemon
Trainers, if you experience any issues transferring Pokémon from #PokemonGO to #PokemonLetsGo , you can find support information here: http://bit.ly/2Dmj8DP

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1063504332983697408

This is what Pokemon's Twitter account suggested to do:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42664/p/897

And one of the things was to have the system and the phone close together. Thing is, plenty of people have done so and have still run into that issue. It's not a one size fits all solution to fixing it.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I heard about those kinds of issues too. It's just terrible. I hope so too, because this system was expensive. There's supposed to be a new model coming out next year, but I sure as heck don't hope that they pull a fast one and say 'hey guys, you'll have to get the newest Switch to get your games to work' (basically like what you mentioned) I'd be ticked off to say the least, as this system is an investment for me. (I went with this model, as I figure the newer one would just be too expensive and probably won't be much better.) I'd be thinking, 'hey why don't you get us all new systems then :D, since you screwed up the first model' (I know it would never happen, but hey, it's how I would feel given things.).

It sometimes seems to stick around 80 percent (and at times crashes there) and then sometimes goes to 100 percent and crashes (In terms of the game and GO). So something is definitely up there. What could be causing that? My connection is pretty stable internet wise. I've only had a very small handful of disconnects/issues with my 3ds and Pokemon trading and battling. So the fault/blame can't go there fully. And I can battle my friends in GO just fine via it.

This makes no sense. Found a phone similar to mine (from around 2015) and it has LE.

https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-6901.php

Wow. This is rich.

Pokémon‏Verified account @Pokemon
Trainers, if you experience any issues transferring Pokémon from #PokemonGO to #PokemonLetsGo , you can find support information here: http://bit.ly/2Dmj8DP

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1063504332983697408

This is what Pokemon's Twitter account suggested to do:

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42664/p/897

And one of the things was to have the system and the phone close together. Thing is, plenty of people have done so and have still run into that issue. It's not a one size fits all solution to fixing it.
Maybe it could be a pretty severe problem. Have you tried turning off that DirecTV sometime? I don't know if you have tried that to solve your problem. Meltan and Melmetal are definitely nice Pokémon to have but it's going to take me a long time to get a Melmetal.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Maybe it could be a pretty severe problem. Have you tried turning off that DirecTV sometime? I don't know if you have tried that to solve your problem. Meltan and Melmetal are definitely nice Pokémon to have but it's going to take me a long time to get a Melmetal.
Maybe. Nope. Just haven't had the time. Trying to find it though. When I do, I really hope it works.

Finally caught my first Croagunk and Skorupi in the wild and got my first Shinx from a Raid. Then, I received another Sinnoh Stone from battling and used it to register Rhyperior! Can't wait to get more Sinnoh Stones and register more Pokemon!

My new Pokedex total is 394.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 115 Hoenn, 34 Sinnoh, and 1 Unknown.

Last edited:

quake

Finally got Meltan today!! I don't have let's go so I know I won't be able to evolve it but still another special research ticked off! I have to do an excellent throw and 20 more grass or psychic Pokemon and I have Celebi! Evolved my croagunk and Skorupi and I found my first Bronzor!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Finally got Meltan today!! I don't have let's go so I know I won't be able to evolve it but still another special research ticked off! I have to do an excellent throw and 20 more grass or psychic Pokemon and I have Celebi! Evolved my croagunk and Skorupi and I found my first Bronzor!

I'm sure you know that if you know someone with Let's GO that'll let you transfer a Pokemon to them, it'll give you access to the Meltan box, but in case you don't, I'll put it out there. I know it has helped some of my other friends that don't have a Switch.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Got a new phone last week, and it's crazy how much better Go plays on it. No longer do I have incessant GPS errors, and gyms actually load in a reasonable time. Not to mention, my Pokéball Plus actually connects to the phone on my first try. Very happy with this.

Also, just got enough candy to evolve a Meltan. Time to start putting my new Melmetal in gyms to make people jealous.

quake

I'm sure you know that if you know someone with Let's GO that'll let you transfer a Pokemon to them, it'll give you access to the Meltan box, but in case you don't, I'll put it out there. I know it has helped some of my other friends that don't have a Switch.
I do but don't know anyone with Let's Go either. Im not to worried about melmetal anyway, I'm just happy I got Meltan

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe. Nope. Just haven't had the time. Trying to find it though. When I do, I really hope it works.
Yeah you should give that a shot. When you have a successful transfer, do it whenever the DirecTV is off.

Getting close to evolving Skorupi into Drapion. Afterwards I might move onto Meltan.