• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe. Could it partially be due to having more phone memory (meaning what's on it and not an sd card) and more ram? Definitely. It's a want, not a need. When my phone dies, sure... but why get a new one when the old one is working just fine?
Maybe a better processor, etc. and I heard Pokémon GO runs faster and has less issues on newer phones which tend to have better specs. But then sure you can use another phone like your parent’s phone and use your account on it with Pokémon GO. It’s better if they haven’t played Pokémon GO on that phone yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Maybe a better processor, etc. and I heard Pokémon GO runs faster and has less issues on newer phones which tend to have better specs. But then sure you can use another phone like your parent’s phone and use your account on it with Pokémon GO. It’s better if they haven’t played Pokémon GO on that phone yet.
Ah well. Heck no XD. Their phone is older! It's from 2013. It can't even install Go. So until I can visit a friend, I'm out of luck at this point. And they play GO. So they'd have to log out (along with myself on my account) so I could log in and see if it works.

I find it really ironic since I can trade with fans and battle ok (outside of a crash or so with trading).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah well. Heck no XD. Their phone is older! It's from 2013. It can't even install Go. So until I can visit a friend, I'm out of luck at this point. And they play GO. So they'd have to log out (along with myself on my account) so I could log in and see if it works.

I find it really ironic since I can trade with fans and battle ok (outside of a crash or so with trading).
Aww. But then your friend has a newer phone, right? If you get to visit your friend then you should give it a try.

Yeah it’s really weird. I have never experienced a crash during a battle or a trade.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Aww. But then your friend has a newer phone, right? If you get to visit your friend then you should give it a try.

Yeah it’s really weird. I have never experienced a crash during a battle or a trade.
Whenever that is. They're pretty busy.

Yea but I've heard of others who've run into issues with trading. Even my friend has run into that one and that's with a newer phone.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Whenever that is. They're pretty busy.

Yea but I've heard of others who've run into issues with trading. Even my friend has run into that one and that's with a newer phone.
Oh. An opportunity will eventually come.

I haven’t heard that much with problems with trading before. I haven’t traded that much.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. An opportunity will eventually come.

I haven’t heard that much with problems with trading before. I haven’t traded that much.
Yea hopefully.

Ah. I found out a bit about it via Reddit and my friend mentioned about it as we were trading. Battling has gone smoothly, minus a crash when I tried switching out Pokemon.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea hopefully.

Ah. I found out a bit about it via Reddit and my friend mentioned about it as we were trading. Battling has gone smoothly, minus a crash when I tried switching out Pokemon.
I haven’t done that much battling with other people even though I found more issues with that I think. Well at least I’m glad there’s training and it makes up for these issues. And Rare Candies get placed as a part of the reward pool.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I haven’t done that much battling with other people even though I found more issues with that I think. Well at least I’m glad there’s training and it makes up for these issues. And Rare Candies get placed as a part of the reward pool.
Ah I see. What kinds of issues?

Well that's cool. Gonna have to try it out.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah I see. What kinds of issues?

Well that's cool. Gonna have to try it out.
Trouble accepting requests from other players. I tried to accept the request but the battles just won't start

Yeah Rare Candies can help with trying to get evolutions of some Pokémon especially for the rarer ones in your area.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Trouble accepting requests from other players. I tried to accept the request but the battles just won't start

Yeah Rare Candies can help with trying to get evolutions of some Pokémon especially for the rarer ones in your area.
Ah I see, that sucks. So the screen is a bit unresponsive then? I've run into that in some of the menus.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah I see, that sucks. So the screen is a bit unresponsive then? I've run into that in some of the menus.
I can cancel the battles fine but I can't get the battle to start for some reason. I don't know why but it just happens. I also don't know if the person on the other end has cancelled the request.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I can cancel the battles fine but I can't get the battle to start for some reason. I don't know why but it just happens. I also don't know if the person on the other end has cancelled the request.
Ah. Weird. So it doesn't move to the battle screen and freezes?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Weird. So it doesn't move to the battle screen and freezes?
Yeah the game doesn't freeze and I can play it fine afterwards. I think I can select Pokémon for the battle but I can't move onto the battle, let alone the battle screen.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah the game doesn't freeze and I can play it fine afterwards. I think I can select Pokémon for the battle but I can't move onto the battle, let alone the battle screen.
Ah strange.

You're lucky you can change out Pokemon. I'm stuck with what they give me. If I try to change out, I'm screwed.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah strange.

You're lucky you can change out Pokemon. I'm stuck with what they give me. If I try to change out, I'm screwed.
I haven't tried changing Pokémon but at least I can get to see my Pokémon that I'm going to use for the battle. Neither have I tried going to the screen for changing Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I haven't tried changing Pokémon but at least I can get to see my Pokémon that I'm going to use for the battle. Neither have I tried going to the screen for changing Pokémon.
Yea I can too. They let you do so via touch screen. I tried and it froze.

Eggs hatched, repeat, eggs hatched. Got a Duskull and a Gligar from them. Just put a 5km one in to incubate. Trying to hatch it before the 12th so I'll have 3 slots open to try for some more eggs while the event is still on.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I can too. They let you do so via touch screen. I tried and it froze.

Eggs hatched, repeat, eggs hatched. Got a Duskull and a Gligar from them. Just put a 5km one in to incubate. Trying to hatch it before the 12th so I'll have 3 slots open to try for some more eggs while the event is still on.
Oh. If I get to battle with someone else, I might try to swap around Pokémon to see how it goes.

I haven't hatched too many since I used up my Super Incubator. Haven't started hatching my 5 km Eggs yet.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. If I get to battle with someone else, I might try to swap around Pokémon to see how it goes.

I haven't hatched too many since I used up my Super Incubator. Haven't started hatching my 5 km Eggs yet.
Cool. Hope it works out!

Ah. I'm just glad that it works again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. Hope it works out!

Ah. I'm just glad that it works again.
Thanks!

Onto my last 7 km Egg. The last 7 km Egg hatched into a Budew. Transferred it as usual.

Vipsoccermaster

While visiting a gym to take over, I caught an Ekans that turned out to be a 100%. Nice. Oh yeah, I haven't mentioned this, but better to get this out of the way: I managed to score three gold gyms in one day before 2019, which was on Friday, December 28, 2018. Pretty rare to get three gold gyms at once, but it's easy if you have them just mere points away from gold. And I also caught two good Croconaw and a good Totodile in preparation for the Totodile Community Day. And I've been hatching plenty of eggs. Adventure Sync really helps a lot.