• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thanks!

Onto my last 7 km Egg. The last 7 km Egg hatched into a Budew. Transferred it as usual.
You're welcome.

Ah. Working on a 5km one today. It's too cold to walk out side, so onto working on it inside.

-------------------------

Ok now I'm annoyed. It said I walked 2.3km, but it only registered 1.6km of them. Really game? It's not like I walked too fast. Guess I'll have to keep Fit on if I want it to work, but the thing is, that it's a battery hog. So I won't have it on during Community day as I need the juice elsewhere.

/facepalm Just saw the dumbest comment on Reddit... they want Niantic to punish people who game from their car. (I understand in terms of people who spoof...) But thing is, people do live in colder climates and it's not always smart to be out in the elements freezing themselves. I just don't get people sometimes.

Just got the newest update 0.134.4... and I hate it. It's already crashed the game (as I was trying to write back to support). Not thrilled with it. It's just making the game that much more unstable.

(sorry about the venting... it's just frustrating)

Holy Arceus... Niantic is saying it could be an issue with the Switch! Color me surprised. (If it doesn't work with another device.) -- an update on the trading issue from Go to Let's Go... so I guess Ninty screwed up a lot of fans systems. Remember how you mentioned about its bluetooth not being the most stable (para-phrasing)? You might be onto something.

I'm wondering if there's a way that they can stablize it through updates somehow.

Bguy7 Niantic basically mentioned the idea you did a bit ago (about using another device). It's good to see that they're ok with it.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome.

Ah. Working on a 5km one today. It's too cold to walk out side, so onto working on it inside.

-------------------------

Ok now I'm annoyed. It said I walked 2.3km, but it only registered 1.6km of them. Really game? It's not like I walked too fast. Guess I'll have to keep Fit on if I want it to work, but the thing is, that it's a battery hog. So I won't have it on during Community day as I need the juice elsewhere.

/facepalm Just saw the dumbest comment on Reddit... they want Niantic to punish people who game from their car. (I understand in terms of people who spoof...) But thing is, people do live in colder climates and it's not always smart to be out in the elements freezing themselves. I just don't get people sometimes.

Just got the newest update 0.134.4... and I hate it. It's already crashed the game (as I was trying to write back to support). Not thrilled with it. It's just making the game that much more unstable.

(sorry about the venting... it's just frustrating)

Holy Arceus... Niantic is saying it could be an issue with the Switch! Color me surprised. (If it doesn't work with another device.) -- an update on the trading issue from Go to Let's Go... so I guess Ninty screwed up a lot of fans systems. Remember how you mentioned about its bluetooth not being the most stable (para-phrasing)? You might be onto something.

I'm wondering if there's a way that they can stablize it through updates somehow.
I’m just about halfway into my other 7 km right now.

When it’s already frustrating enough but the issue gets more frustrating and complicated. I get it might be to stop spoofers from racking up too many fodders but really it’s hard to tell from someone who is travelling fast on a car/public transport and a spoofer.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I’m just about halfway into my other 7 km right now.

When it’s already frustrating enough but the issue gets more frustrating and complicated. I get it might be to stop spoofers from racking up too many fodders but really it’s hard to tell from someone who is travelling fast on a car/public transport and a spoofer.
Sweet.

I agree with you there. Definitely. Thing is, I've seen and have done this myself... as in being in a parked car and stopped by Pokestops and Gyms. If I'm busy and don't have a lot of time and/or if the weather is too in-climate/cold and so on. It would suck if people such as myself were dinged by this.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Sweet.

I agree with you there. Definitely. Thing is, I've seen and have done this myself... as in being in a parked car and stopped by Pokestops and Gyms. If I'm busy and don't have a lot of time and/or if the weather is too in-climate/cold and so on. It would suck if people such as myself were dinged by this.
Yeah I would hope for a shiny.

I usually spin mine whenever I stop in the car to get more gifts and items. Where did you find the Reddit post?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah. Haven't hatched a shiny from any of these eggs so far.

Yeah. I send as much as possible for the EXP.

Oh. Not too sure if Niantic or Nintendo wants to punish car players that badly.
Ah hope that happens soon.

Same here when I'm able to. Looking forward to community day to do that.

Agreed it just doesn't make that much sense to.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah hope that happens soon.

Same here when I'm able to. Looking forward to community day to do that.

Agreed it just doesn't make that much sense to.
Yeah thanks.

Yeah Community Days are definitely a good opportunity to get EXP. Spawns are everywhere.

It just wouldn't make that sense for either of them to punish players that badly.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks.

Yeah Community Days are definitely a good opportunity to get EXP. Spawns are everywhere.

It just wouldn't make that sense for either of them to punish players that badly.
You're welcome.

Definitely. Trying for some event eggs and some Pokemon.

Egg update... it jumped all the way up to 4.9km (approx.) without having a work out or Google Fit on. It's a miracle. Still keeping an eye on it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome.

Definitely. Trying for some event eggs and some Pokemon.

Egg update... it jumped all the way up to 4.9km (approx.) without having a work out or Google Fit on. It's a miracle. Still keeping an eye on it.
Yeah I would be hatching quite a lot on that day. Also a good day to grind Stardust.

Yeah that's really good. Great to see what hatches from it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I would be hatching quite a lot on that day. Also a good day to grind Stardust.

Yeah that's really good. Great to see what hatches from it.
Cool. Yep. I'll be doing my best to try to move back and forth catching stuff.

Definitely. Was kind of wondering if it might have been a server issue, given how inconsistent it was for a bit. Word. Hoping it's something good.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. Yep. I'll be doing my best to try to move back and forth catching stuff.

Definitely. Was kind of wondering if it might have been a server issue, given how inconsistent it was for a bit. Word. Hoping it's something good.
On Wi-Fi I guess. At least the Community Day Pokémon respawn quickly I think but the Lures help a lot.

Maybe it was just that the game thought you would have walked more than what was registered so you got more distance. I remember I gained almost 1 km once.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
On Wi-Fi I guess. At least the Community Day Pokémon respawn quickly I think but the Lures help a lot.

Maybe it was just that the game thought you would have walked more than what was registered so you got more distance. I remember I gained almost 1 km once.
Ah. I'll be using data sadly. No areas have wi-fi spots. Even my library's spot seems to be acting up. Arrgh.

Maybe, but I don't mind. I think it might have been playing catch up. Since I did do twenty laps recently and that's around 2km. So maybe there was a bit of a back up and it took longer than the usual amount of time for it to get the right amount to show up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. I'll be using data sadly. No areas have wi-fi spots. Even my library's spot seems to be acting up. Arrgh.

Maybe, but I don't mind. I think it might have been playing catch up. Since I did do twenty laps recently and that's around 2km. So maybe there was a bit of a back up and it took longer than the usual amount of time for it to get the right amount to show up.
Oh. But if you at least get to walk around a bit with that data then it should be fine. Does your area get Lured up every Community Day?

Yeah I guess it could be so. Sometimes I get a lot of distance out of nowhere but when I check regularly, it seems I don't get a lot of distance.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh. But if you at least get to walk around a bit with that data then it should be fine. Does your area get Lured up every Community Day?

Yeah I guess it could be so. Sometimes I get a lot of distance out of nowhere but when I check regularly, it seems I don't get a lot of distance.
Yep and it's why I try to set some aside so I can use a bit that day. Usually. So that's a good thing.

Definitely. But this time seemed a bit unusual. Just glad that things seem to be back to normal.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep and it's why I try to set some aside so I can use a bit that day. Usually. So that's a good thing.

Definitely. But this time seemed a bit unusual. Just glad that things seem to be back to normal.
Yeah so you'll be able to get some more Pokémon for the Community Day and get more Totodiles, especially shiny ones.

Yeah but sometimes I get my distance from Adventure Sync and it sure helps a lot. I'll wait and see what my 7 km Egg will hatch into.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah so you'll be able to get some more Pokémon for the Community Day and get more Totodiles, especially shiny ones.

Yeah but sometimes I get my distance from Adventure Sync and it sure helps a lot. I'll wait and see what my 7 km Egg will hatch into.
Yep which is good. Definitely. Might try for Feraligatr is RNG is in my favor there.

Definitely. Especially when the game acts up in buildings. Hope you get something good!

And Niantic cracks me up. They once again (their bots) told me to connect to another phone. I again let them know that it won't be for months most likely. XD Silly company. Not everyone has instant access to newer phones.

The egg just hatched! Got a Scyther from it :).

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep which is good. Definitely. Might try for Feraligatr is RNG is in my favor there.

Definitely. Especially when the game acts up in buildings. Hope you get something good!

And Niantic cracks me up. They once again (their bots) told me to connect to another phone. I again let them know that it won't be for months most likely. XD Silly company. Not everyone has instant access to newer phones.

The egg just hatched! Got a Scyther from it :).
Would try for a 100 IV shiny Feraligatr with Hydro Pump :)

My last 7 km Egg hatched into Pichu but it wasn’t shiny, so I transferred it.

Only need 0.3 km to hatch 5 km Egg No. 1!