• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

Another successful community day! Shiny totodille caught and evolved into Hydro Cannon Feraligatr with Waterfall and Crunch. Hatched 7 eggs but nothing special! I still have some in incubators so I'm hoping for some more later on! Here's to wonder what the next CD Pokemon will be! I'm holding out for Slakoth or Ralts but something tells me Ralts will be a while away due to Gallade

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Would try for a 100 IV shiny Feraligatr with Hydro Pump :)

My last 7 km Egg hatched into Pichu but it wasn’t shiny, so I transferred it.

Only need 0.3 km to hatch 5 km Egg No. 1!
Cool. Hope you can find one! I went to a stop, got three 5km eggs, caught a handful of Totodile (one is over 700 cp) and 2 gifts and some items. Found out via searching my items that I do have a Mystery Box! So maybe it was able to send that over, even though I wasn't able to send things over.

Well crap... guess I won't be able to use it! You have to transfer Pokemon to get it to work. (Who's the fool who came up with this gimmick?) I'm not able to go over to a friend's place all the time just to do this. It'll be a one and done I guess.

Well dang... it worked! The trade doesn't have to go fully through to get the incense for Meltan. :) So anyone running into trade errors just go and catch junk and trade it for Meltan incense!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. Hope you can find one! I went to a stop, got three 5km eggs, caught a handful of Totodile (one is over 700 cp) and 2 gifts and some items. Found out via searching my items that I do have a Mystery Box! So maybe it was able to send that over, even though I wasn't able to send things over.

Well crap... guess I won't be able to use it! You have to transfer Pokemon to get it to work. (Who's the fool who came up with this gimmick?) I'm not able to go over to a friend's place all the time just to do this. It'll be a one and done I guess.

Well dang... it worked! The trade doesn't have to go fully through to get the incense for Meltan. :) So anyone running into trade errors just go and catch junk and trade it for Meltan incense!
At least you finally got the Mystery Box and it worked! Community Day hasn’t started yet in my area and I’m getting prepared for it. Got an almost fully charged portable charger so that’s good.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Hoo boy, today was interesting. Today was cold, I'm talking sleet cold. Colder than Cyndaquil day in which my fingers were so numb that they swelled up and I couldn't close them in a fist. Just really freaking cold. I had to stop a few times to warm them up to keep going because believe you me, I wanted that sweet 1/4 egg distance. I hatched a boatload of stuff, most of which was eh. Hatched 3Igglybuff in a row, so that was fun. Highlight being Beldum. I ended up catching 2good Totodile and evolving them along with catching 4 shinies. Ended up evolving 2, but they weren't stellar in terms of IVs or anything. I know I could've gotten more if I went to campus, but I decided to stay closer to home due to the cold and I'm happy with that decision.

My mom even came out to hatch some eggs and she ended up catching two shinies! So proud. While I was walking I met up with another GO player and he was super cool. Had some good conversation we ended up tagteaming a raid and I got my first shiny Mawile! I was over the moon!

Once the event ended, I went home and tried to get warm. I'm still cold lol but I got to meet some cool people, raid, catch shinies, and just have a good walk with my mom and that's more than I could ever ask for : )

Drummerdude

Had a decent Community Day. I successfully captured my first Atk Form Deoxys and managed to find 3 Shiny Totodile. None of them were very good but I still evolved one of them in Feraligatr as well as two other Totodile that are very good. I completely forgot about the 1/4 egg distance but I have been hatching mostly 7k eggs and with the cold rain I didn't spend much time moving and hatching what I already had. I also took part in my third Heatran raid and caught it on my 10th throw. That one was starting to stress me out.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Today was freezing cold and snowing, but I got out of work early, so I managed to utilize most of the 3 hours effectively for once. I got a few shiny Totodiles, evolved one into a Feraligatr, and had the game freeze up and quit on me twice during an Alolan Marowak raid. Because of the weather, I could only hatch 8 eggs during the event (though I managed to put 8 more into incubators before time ran out). Three of them were Wynauts, because...why not? Two were Magbys, 1 Igglybuff, 1 Togepi (so close to Togekiss...), and 1 Alolan Sandshrew. If I'm lucky, I'll be able to hatch the other 8 eggs tomorrow. I also caught enough Croagunk to finally get a Toxicroak, and finally caught my first Skorupi today. I also got another Bronzor as well. Those three were more of a success story than all the Totodiles I caught today, so I guess it was a fairly good community day for me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
At least you finally got the Mystery Box and it worked! Community Day hasn’t started yet in my area and I’m getting prepared for it. Got an almost fully charged portable charger so that’s good.
Yep and that was awesome, can't wait to do this week after week. :) Cool, hope it works out for you!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I ended up spending the day at MOA arriving slightly after 11am.

Props:
- Hatching a Manytke and Ralts
- Gaining somewhere in the vicinity of 250,000 stardust
- Getting 4 Shinies
- Getting the final Sinnoh Stone I needed to have one of each of the Pokemon that need that to evolve.
- One day away from best friends with one person.
- Catching Deoxys-A from my ex raid and getting its CP to 1496 making it pretty close to the 1500 CP for Great League.
- Getting a gold gym badge for Giant Boot Sculpture so I once again have gold badges for all gyms at MOA.
- Getting my Pokedex to 435 Caught, 439 seen.'
- Having GPS drift at one point to a Totodile that ended up having 2 of the three stats as perfect and was level 30.
- There was always a walkway, although this might be more due to there being only one legendary raid during community hours and it was an EX Raid.

Slops:
- Having 7 eggs hatch within seconds of a star piece expiring so I didn't have a chance to start another one.
- Forgetting to use a star piece for my 7 day catch streak bonus today.
- Getting Porygon and Mareep out of 10km eggs instead of the Pokemon that are actually helpful.
- Raid rewards being very much against me in terms of RNG today. I seriously got 18 Hyper Potions from one of the legendary raids. 2 of the legendary raids I did yielded no rare candy.
- Stupidly doing a Breloom raid thinking it might be under 1500 CP when I forgot the weather was cloudy so it would be boosted.
- Losing one PvP battle due to phone lag.

Evanibble

Honestly didn't enjoy the community day too much, since I worked for most of it. Fortunately, it landed on my lunch break, but it wasn't enough to get a Feraligatr, much less one with hydro cannon. The pokestop was just out of reach of the breakroom where I work. Also, tried to buy some incubators to take advantage of the reduced incubator distance but I kept getting an error in the shop, so that sucked. Community days shouldn't be 3 hours long.

-Also on an unrelated note, I'm trying to do the celebi mission and I need to trade a pokemon, but unfortunately I don't have any friends nearby so that's not too great. Trying to get involved with a local group but no one has gotten back to me. (If anyone lives in the San Diego area, we should get in touch).
-Hatched a Feebas and got like 53 candies from it, so that was the upside of the day by far.
-Trying to get some Sinnoh Stones now, but for some reason I don't get them by battling the bot trainers anymore.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep and that was awesome, can't wait to do this week after week. :) Cool, hope it works out for you!
Yeah, hope you got a lot of Meltan and Meltan Candy.

I caught 5 shiny Totodiles during Community Day! I caught my first one an hour in and I caught the rest on the last hour. And I also levelled up to Lv 37!

quake

-Also on an unrelated note, I'm trying to do the celebi mission and I need to trade a pokemon, but unfortunately I don't have any friends nearby so that's not too great. Trying to get involved with a local group but no one has gotten back to me. (If anyone lives in the San Diego area, we should get in touch).

I had this problem, I'm in a small Sea side town and barely anyone plays so I started a second account, got it to level 10 and did the trade from my phone and iPad (app can be downloaded). Think I traded two Caterpie as their 100 stardust to trade. Don't think I've used the account since. I would love to have a network of players but I guess it will never happen.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, hope you got a lot of Meltan and Meltan Candy.

I caught 5 shiny Totodiles during Community Day! I caught my first one an hour in and I caught the rest on the last hour. And I also levelled up to Lv 37!
Thanks!

Dang you had some great luck. I was lucky to even find 5. Congrats on the level up!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks!

Dang you had some great luck. I was lucky to even find 5. Congrats on the level up!
Cool. I could have found more but still five was great. I got some more Ultra Friends on that day which was really helpful for my XP. I got 300k XP on that one day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Cool. I could have found more but still five was great. I got some more Ultra Friends on that day which was really helpful for my XP. I got 300k XP on that one day.
Nice! That's great! :) Might check on my distance in game tonight. Have no eggs incubating, but it doesn't hurt to try to gain more distance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! That's great! :) Might check on my distance in game tonight. Have no eggs incubating, but it doesn't hurt to try to gain more distance.
I hatched a Gligar and a Beldum on Community Day. Weren't too good either but I still kept them.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Today just when I had given up hope of ever hatching Chingling, I hatched one. I ended up hatching between 100 and 120 7km eggs during this event. I also got a Rare Candy from one of my PvP battles today instead of the standard 500 stardust. Unfortunately only one legendary raid spawned during the seven hours I played today. I did get in a lot of walking though so I'm at 11 candies now for Finneon without having caught one myself. A level 33 wild Chansey spawned so I grabbed that for trade bait. I am sitting at 1.4M stardust right now and made sure to leave 2 open egg slots for adventure sync since I walked well over the 50km this week. I also finally finished the spin 8 new stops task because while I was doing a raid in the parking lot I noticed 2 stops across the street I hadn't spun before. Off in the distance I saw 2 more which would get me to my 8. I estimate I was about a mile from the mall when I got to those last stops. Because of how cold it was outside, I opted to use the light rail rather than walk back.

My future goals are to trade the Mantyke and Chingling I hatched for regionals I don't have from gen 3 and 4. Given that both are about 0.5% chance of hatching it makes them about the same rarity. Gen 3 I just need Tropius and Volbeat. Gen 4 I need pretty much every regional because MN unfortunately doesn't have any of them. I also need Melmetal.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hatched a Gligar and a Beldum on Community Day. Weren't too good either but I still kept them.
Ah. Hope you get some better stuff from eggs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah. Was hoping for Mantyke and Chingling at a certain point since I haven't hatched them yet.
Hope you get them soon. Still haven't gotten either myself. Same goes with Riolu.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hope you get them soon. Still haven't gotten either myself. Same goes with Riolu.
Yeah thanks. I still haven't gotten Riolu yet. I heard it's one of the rarer hatches from 10 km Eggs.