• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah, well it's still better than nothing. Yea that was pretty much what happened after I got out of the Pokemon screen. Hoping another one will show up before the end of the event.
Well I have just found another Trapinch. Not enough to get Vibrava but at least I'm still getting there. I think I need a couple more and I can get one.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Well I have just found another Trapinch. Not enough to get Vibrava but at least I'm still getting there. I think I need a couple more and I can get one.
Cool. Hope you can find them. Working on another 5km egg myself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. Hope you can find them. Working on another 5km egg myself.
Yeah, need to finish up on my 5 km and 10 km Eggs myself. I'm starting to build up on a new batch of 7 km Eggs for some Hoenn Pokémon like Trapinch and Nincada and to get more baby Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah, need to finish up on my 5 km and 10 km Eggs myself. I'm starting to build up on a new batch of 7 km Eggs for some Hoenn Pokémon like Trapinch and Nincada and to get more baby Pokémon.
Hope you can get some of them. It'll take some time on my end due to only having one incubator lol.

Great just great. Ran into the 'failed to log in' issue. First time in awhile. Hate it. Anyone else running into lately?

Last edited:

quake

Rare is an understatement. Before the two recent sightings, I haven't seen it since 2017. I just want to be in the right place at the right time for one! Same goes for Chansey lol. Yep. I haven't seen any dragon types in a long time. Hope you can hatch one!
Then I must have all the luck because all I hatch are trapinch!! And with the hoeen event, the research "evolve 3 wurmple" gives you one as the reward.

On a different note, I hope everyone enjoyed their RNG day! I did 20 feebsas research tasks (there's only 20 stops in my area) and not a single shiny. Saw on other forms someone got it first go...actually heartbreaking

Xionea

Half a centaur
Feebas research day could have been better for me. I managed to get 1 shiny Feebas out of the 15~ that I did, but there's about 7 researches on campus that are the "Hatch 1 Egg" which I can't really do since I've only got 5km and above ones. If the weather was better, I wouldn't mind walking around, but it was so freaking cold out that I felt like my fingers were gonna fall off, so I had to call it quits before I suffered too much. I've still got 3 "Hatch 1 Egg" researches with me for after the event in the small hopes I'll get a second shiny Feebas, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just glad I got at least one.

Other than the Feebas event, the past couple days have blessed me. While I was on vacation I found a shiny Sunkern. Later I got to do both a Groudon and a Kyogre raid and get those for the first time. I found a shiny Swablu while waiting at the Groudon raid, that only took about 850 Swablu encounters to find >.< Then on the way home last night I found a shiny Taillow, followed by a shiny Makuhita right before I went to sleep. Haven't had that great of shiny luck since the Halloween event a few months ago.

Drummerdude

I had a lucky start to the day. I caught a Groudon on the second throw, did an EX Raid and caught Deoxys on the first throw, and managed to get a Shiny Feebas from my 7th research task. That's where it stopped. It was raining all day and I knew people would be out anyway with the event so I'd be able to get a weather boosted Kyogre. I did 3 raids....0 Kyogre caught. I already have a Kyogre from a few days ago at least so it isn't the end of the world. At least I got some good XP today. Plus I still have three Feebas tasks to do later.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
So last night I was trading some Wurmple to my mom so she could evolve them for the quest. Guess who got a lucky Machop. I have no clue out of all the times I trade, that's the time when it decides to go lucky. Oh well, I thought it was pretty funny.

As for today, did a Groudon raid (bad IVs) and tried a good 40~ ish research tasks. Only got 1 Feebas and it ended up with poor IVs and being male (I like the longer "hair" on the female), BUT I have one and that's what matters. Other than that, got a 91% regular Feebas and I have a whole bunch to trade with friends later, so can't complain.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, Feebas day was a bit of a scam. I was to thrilled with the idea to begin with, and it somehow turned out worse than I expected. If Niantic wants us to drop our entire Saturday afternoon to play Pokémon Go for three hours, then they better make sure it's entertaining and worth our time. Community Day works, as it's non-stop catching of rare Pokémon with the high Shiny rates encouraging you to keep on catching. The Raid days are alright. I personally don't like them, but that's because I don't like raiding to begin with, but I can see how others would like it. This new Research Day, on the other hand, was a flop.

Ideally, to keep players engrossed and entertained, the research tasks should be rapid fire, but instead we got some of the slowest Field Research tasks of all time. It's just not fun to to be forced into catching 10-15 Pokémon with Nice and Great throws for one Feebas that might be Shiny. And since it's so much harder and takes so much more time to complete one of these tasks, it's nearly impossible to even find a Shiny in the first place, negating the entire purpose of the day. It's not that I want to be handed a Shiny, but without a good reward, this event just isn't fun and not worth the time and effort.

I like that Niantic is experimenting, but this time it was an utter failure. I hope these research days either never return, or return with significant changes. Changes I can think of to make it better would either be quicker tasks (such as 2-5 Nice/Great throws), or a much higher Shiny rate on the prize Pokémon. Alternatively, making this a day-long, or even weekend-long event would also be very helpful.

Last edited:
I finally hatched my first Munchlax the other day and I have been too excited, lol. I'm so pumped to have it in my arsenal now - and I'm surprised at how high its CP can go! I also finally found my first Hail Castform last night after being teased all last winter with their shoddy appearances. Here's hoping I can find a Riolu soon, because I still have yet to obtain one!

My new Pokedex total is 400.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 115 Hoenn, 40 Sinnoh, and 1 Unknown.

quake

I like that Niantic is experimenting, but this time it was an utter failure. I hope these research days either never return, or return with significant changes. Changes I can think of to make it better would either be quicker tasks (such as 2-5 Nice/Great throws), or a much higher Shiny rate on the prize Pokémon. Alternatively, making this a day-long, or even weekend-long event would also be very helpful.

I completely agree with your comments - honestly I'm still annoyed over it and from googling the web, it seems a lot of players are. Even if the whole day was just complete x number of research and you got a 100% chance of a shiny feebas would have made this day so much better. Like I said, I did every stop in my area (20) and even bought super incubators and used them on my stock pile 2km eggs that I've had and still nothing. Hoping they announce the february CD pokemon soon so I can forget about feebas

Xionea

Half a centaur
Since I vacationed in Florida a little while ago, I got a bunch of Heracross and Carnivine to trade back home. Got a Mr. Mime for one of them, finally completing my Kanto dex, and just now traded another for a shiny Mareep, completing the shiny Mareep family for me. I've still got more to trade still, but amazingly I can't find anyone willing to trade an Absol for one. Can't get anyone to raid an Absol with either, especially with people going for Kyogre and Groudon right now.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Since I vacationed in Florida a little while ago, I got a bunch of Heracross and Carnivine to trade back home. Got a Mr. Mime for one of them, finally completing my Kanto dex, and just now traded another for a shiny Mareep, completing the shiny Mareep family for me. I've still got more to trade still, but amazingly I can't find anyone willing to trade an Absol for one. Can't get anyone to raid an Absol with either, especially with people going for Kyogre and Groudon right now.

You could always try Alolan eggs. They're a bit slower, but Absol is in them right now, so you it could work for you!

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I used the mystery box and I am over or around 20% of the way to Melmetal.

New things I learned since I only had to miss one of them... have a lot of balls and pinap berries with you. Individually they are a PIDA to catch.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Managed to catch a Kyogre at 1% battery today. Something is definitely wrong with my phone's battery. It shouldn't go from 60% to 1% in 10 minutes WITH battery saver on. I hatched 9 eggs today. Nothing good (I don't need another Riolu, and though I did hatch a shiny Budew, I don't really care). I'm gonna use a few Rare Candies to evolve my Togetic into a Togekiss. I've got like 3 people lined up to trade me something good now. I just need to wait a few weeks for each.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I've now got a Ho-oh, Melmetal and all the castform forms so that's good.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I'll be honest, I laughed when I saw Swinub was February's CD. Not because I think it's stupid (one of the best ice attackers in the game coming up bois), but because of the freak out on the official facebook page. Rarely do I see this level of entitlement. Was I preferring a different Pokemon for next CD? Yeah. Does that verify throwing a fit about it? No. In any case, hopefully it won't be as bitterly cold as the previous two events.

In other news, I've caught two Lunatone in two days...once in the day, which is weird to me, but I get it since it's part of the event and all.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Welp, got an Absol from a Carnivine trade, so I'm happy with that. Much better than trying to hatch one from a 7km egg. I also found a shiny Aron this morning, putting my total shiny count to 86.

There was 3 legendary eggs that spawned at the same time on campus, but I was in class when the raid heavy group went and did them. Went to two that were right next to each other and tried to beat them with a few other people from the local Discord group, but 4 people unfortunately were not enough to pull off a win on either of them. We were super close, one more person would have sealed the deal. I'm still hoping I'll find a shiny of them since I'm still without a shiny legendary, but I'm starting to think I'm just not destined for shiny legendaries since they're already hard enough to find people to do them with.

quake

Hatched a Mawile today so I was excited about that since I havent seen one in a raid for a while (now that im lvl 34 I should be able to solo it). And when I didnt think my day could get any better, I caught a shiny taillow!!! Over the moon!