• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I caught a second Palkia yesterday. The zodiac event doesn't really help me all that much, since I'm at the beginning of level 37, so double EXP means next to nothing for me, and I already have all the Pokemon and evos that are boosted. I'm noticing a spike in Rapidash spawnings. Also, like the others, I haven't gotten my golden dragon medal yet, yet Dratinis haven't spawned commonly enough for me to think that this event will help me achieve that. I'm having really lousy luck with getting Sinnoh Stones from battles. I still haven't gotten enough to evolve all the first wave Sinnoh Stone evolutions, and now I need several more for the second wave as well. I'm at least lucky enough to already have a male Kirlia and a female Snorunt all ready to go, and most of the evolutions in question have enough candies for the requirement (curse you, Lickitung!). I also have this shiny Budew I want to evolve into Roserade, but I already have one, and that means adding yet another stone to the count of stones I need. The community day event will help with that count at least.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice!

Dang.

Found some Pokemon today. Just a pair of Roselia and a Gulpin (which sadly wasn't a Ditto).
I hope you'll find more Dratini.

I think I did catch a Ditto recently. I think it was disguised as a Pidgey.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hope you'll find more Dratini.

I think I did catch a Ditto recently. I think it was disguised as a Pidgey.
Thanks.

Ah, guess I'll keep an eye out for those. I'm thinking Rattatas will just be Rattatas for now during this event.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks.

Ah, guess I'll keep an eye out for those. I'm thinking Rattatas will just be Rattatas for now during this event.
You’re welcome.

I don’t think any of the Rattatas I caught in the event so far turned into Dittos. I had a couple run away though. I can find both Kantoian and Alolan forms.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You’re welcome.

I don’t think any of the Rattatas I caught in the event so far turned into Dittos. I had a couple run away though. I can find both Kantoian and Alolan forms.
Ah. Yea ran into that as well (them running away).

Fought a Palkia today. Didn't get very far, but it was pretty fun. Also got some items and a gift. Got up to 8 out of 10 raids now for a research thing and also got a gift and a new piece of research (hatch an egg) and some items from a Stop.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Yea ran into that as well (them running away).

Fought a Palkia today. Didn't get very far, but it was pretty fun. Also got some items and a gift. Got up to 8 out of 10 raids now for a research thing and also got a gift and a new piece of research (hatch an egg) and some items from a Stop.
The Dratinis ran away? Some of them are especially tough to catch and I use Razz Berries sometimes.

By yourself? At least you’re getting close to completing a research task.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The Dratinis ran away? Some of them are especially tough to catch and I use Razz Berries sometimes.

By yourself? At least you’re getting close to completing a research task.
Oh no not them. Rattata's.

Yep. Only was able to get it down around 25%, there was around 75% health still left. It sucks not having people join in. Definitely. I still have to get that one done, just haven't found a weaker raid. And I have an egg hatching one, so that's one I'm focusing on now.

Last edited:
I found my first Combee yesterday, and I found a second one today! They don't seem to be too common, but one a day isn't too bad I guess!! Also, I opened the Mystery Box for the first time since November and caught a ton of Meltan. I only had around 30 from November, but today I used a ton of Pinap Berries and got up about 135. I'm pumped that we can open every 3 days for a while so I'll finally be able to register Melmetal more quickly (only being able to open once a week was a huge turn-off for me).

The kicker was... I actually ended up with 1 shiny Meltan today! I consider myself fairly unlucky when it comes to shiny 'Mons, but I was so thrilled to catch a shiny one today!

My new Pokedex total is 409.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 116 Hoenn, 48 Sinnoh, and 1 Unknown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh no not them. Rattata's.

Yep. Only was able to get it down around 25%, there was around 75% health still left. It sucks not having people join in. Definitely. I still have to get that one done, just haven't found a weaker raid. And I have an egg hatching one, so that's one I'm focusing on now.
Yeah they run away every once in a while.

Yeah that really sucks but still I think it’s good for a solo Palkia raid. Sometimes I look for Dratini raids when there’s no one raiding and there’s no raid close to me.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah they run away every once in a while.

Yeah that really sucks but still I think it’s good for a solo Palkia raid. Sometimes I look for Dratini raids when there’s no one raiding and there’s no raid close to me.
Yep.

Definitely. Nice. I was just in the area of the former... so I figured what the heck?

Just found a Scyther in my yard. They're a pain to catch, since they're further out and you have to arc the ball higher to get it to make contact. Sometimes they go over to the left side as well and it makes it harder to try to catch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Definitely. Nice. I was just in the area of the former... so I figured what the heck?

Just found a Scyther in my yard. They're a pain to catch, since they're further out and you have to arc the ball higher to get it to make contact. Sometimes they go over to the left side as well and it makes it harder to try to catch.
Yeah I would be surprised to find out that I could chip away that much of Palkia's health in a solo raid.

I don't find a lot of Scythers these days but I do find them sometimes. I do find Pokémon that move from side to side painful to catch sometimes because of that.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I would be surprised to find out that I could chip away that much of Palkia's health in a solo raid.

I don't find a lot of Scythers these days but I do find them sometimes. I do find Pokémon that move from side to side painful to catch sometimes because of that.
Yea I was glad to even remove that much (25%).

Yea I was surprised by it. Definitely. Worst offender... Giratina. Very, very annoying.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Failed to catch a Palkia today. Two more Palkia popped up, but no one wanted to go out in 10 degree weather (these weren't gyms you could do in a car), so I had to skip both of them as well. I really just wanted the rare candy, so I'm not too annoyed by it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I was glad to even remove that much (25%).

Yea I was surprised by it. Definitely. Worst offender... Giratina. Very, very annoying.
Giratina has a lot of HP+decent Defense stat so it could be much tougher to solo it. I didn’t do many Giratina and I think it was definitely a tough one.

Drummerdude

I randomly found a Glameow yesterday which was exciting! I didn't see it on my radar until I was almost on top of it but I was in an area congested with Pokestops. I did my third Palkia raid the other day and didn't catch it but I wasn't too upset. What does bother me is how rare Revives are! I have a lot of fainted Pokemon I need to heal but I never get Revives from stops anymore. I found a "Win a Raid" task for 4 revives and let out an audible yelp because of how excited I was. 2 months ago that task would have been trashed.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Giratina has a lot of HP+decent Defense stat so it could be much tougher to solo it. I didn’t do many Giratina and I think it was definitely a tough one.
I didn't solo it. I was talking about catching it. It moves similarly to Scyther, only more so.

I was with a group and we took it down. I wasn't able to catch it though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I didn't solo it. I was talking about catching it. It moves similarly to Scyther, only more so.

I was with a group and we took it down. I wasn't able to catch it though.
I think Giratina was a really jumpy one and it was sometimes painful to catch. Also the circle was a bit small. I think Cresselia moved more similarly to Scyther but a bit more.

I think I only caught three of them and there was another one that ran away.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think Giratina was a really jumpy one and it was sometimes painful to catch. Also the circle was a bit small. I think Cresselia moved more similarly to Scyther but a bit more.

I think I only caught three of them and there was another one that ran away.
Definitely. It was hard to get a lock on it. Maybe. Didn't have a shot against that one, as I didn't get a chance to face off against it.

At least you were able to get one. I just had that one shot, given the lack of people showing up at raids.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely. It was hard to get a lock on it. Maybe. Didn't have a shot against that one, as I didn't get a chance to face off against it.

At least you were able to get one. I just had that one shot, given the lack of people showing up at raids.
I think it was a bit tricky to lock the ball onto it too. I think Cresselia is definitely easier than Giratina and I caught more of them compared to Giratina.

I don't see that many people in most raids but the ones where people go to are usually very organised.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it was a bit tricky to lock the ball onto it too. I think Cresselia is definitely easier than Giratina and I caught more of them compared to Giratina.

I don't see that many people in most raids but the ones where people go to are usually very organised.
Yea and combine that with distance it was a pain.

Ah. I remember one where I'm at that seemed organized. A lot of them otherwise seem rather random.

Got up to 5km today on my 10km egg. :) All that walking in a grocery store paid off! Hoping to do a bit more walking tomorrow.