• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea and combine that with distance it was a pain.

Ah. I remember one where I'm at that seemed organized. A lot of them otherwise seem rather random.

Got up to 5km today on my 10km egg. :) All that walking in a grocery store paid off! Hoping to do a bit more walking tomorrow.
Giratina's model back then was smaller and I think it was like what we have with Palkia today.

Almost going to get my Ultra Balls from Adventure Sync! I just need a few kms to go.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Giratina's model back then was smaller and I think it was like what we have with Palkia today.

Almost going to get my Ultra Balls from Adventure Sync! I just need a few kms to go.
Yep. And a sure fire way to make sure people have to buy Pokeballs.

Nice! I'm lucky to get up to 5kms. Especially during winter. I tend to do more during the other months.

Woot. Just found and caught one last Mankey and got to evolve my strongest one into a Primeape. :)

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. And a sure fire way to make sure people have to buy Pokeballs.

Nice! I'm lucky to get up to 5kms. Especially during winter. I tend to do more during the other months.

Woot. Just found and caught one last Mankey and got to evolve my strongest one into a Primeape. :)
But I still why Ultra Balls aren't available in the shop?

I have just made 50 km from Adventure Sync. Now I can finally get my Ultra Balls.

Nice :). I somehow caught a wild Arbok.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But I still why Ultra Balls aren't available in the shop?

I have just made 50 km from Adventure Sync. Now I can finally get my Ultra Balls.

Nice :). I somehow caught a wild Arbok.
Yea that has me wondering. Why aren't they there?

Congrats!

Sweet.

Just lost a friend in Go. Don't know why either. Guessing they figure I'm not active enough. Smh. So tired of some people's entitled behavior. Expecting gifts every day and the like. Hello people, a) it's winter and it's cold out; b) to travel uses gas; c) it's a 50/50 chance for a gift. So you guys can't always get what you want.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that has me wondering. Why aren't they there?

Congrats!

Sweet.

Just lost a friend in Go. Don't know why either. Guessing they figure I'm not active enough. Smh. So tired of some people's entitled behavior. Expecting gifts every day and the like. Hello people, a) it's winter and it's cold out; b) to travel uses gas; c) it's a 50/50 chance for a gift. So you guys can't always get what you want.
Yeah, I don’t think Poké Balls are really that needed to be on the shop, they often come out from the Pokéstops.

Thanks, I’ll get my reward in a few hours.

I have lost some friends before but I think it’s sometimes on accident. But with some cases I do think it’s because the player has went inactive.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, I don’t think Poké Balls are really that needed to be on the shop, they often come out from the Pokéstops.

Thanks, I’ll get my reward in a few hours.

I have lost some friends before but I think it’s sometimes on accident. But with some cases I do think it’s because the player has went inactive.
Maybe.

Cool.

Maybe, that could be the case. So you think deletion happens because they think you're in active, or do you think the game auto deletes when it thinks players are in active?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe.

Cool.

Maybe, that could be the case. So you think deletion happens because they think you're in active, or do you think the game auto deletes when it thinks players are in active?
Yeah, I just don’t feel any need to buy Poké Balls from the shop.

Haven’t gotten Ultra Balls from Adventure Sync in ages.

I think friends are permanently kept in the game upon an approved request and can be removed at the discretion of both sides. But deletions can be accidental.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, I just don’t feel any need to buy Poké Balls from the shop.

Haven’t gotten Ultra Balls from Adventure Sync in ages.

I think friends are permanently kept in the game upon an approved request and can be removed at the discretion of both sides. But deletions can be accidental.
I don't really either. I generally get Pokemon space from it now.

I've never gotten it :(. Wish I could though. Came close one time... around 18 or 19km.

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I don't really either. I generally get Pokemon space from it now.

I've never gotten it :(. Wish I could though. Came close one time... around 18 or 19km.

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Yeah Pokémon space is the way to go.

I don’t think having a constant Internet connection allows Adventure Sync to work as long as your fitness tracker works.

Yeah I haven’t lost many friends on Pokémon GO.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Friday I swapped Rayquaza with one of my ultra friends and we ended up with luckies. I also got in a few Palkia raids and caught a shiny Spoink which I evolved right away. Saturday I caught a shiny Meltan, but that was basically it since I had to work that day. Today I caught 2 shiny Spoink and did 7 Palkia raids since the mall was having a good day for raids. It is really hit or miss. One of my ultra friends and I also went out on an adventure to a stop that was a bit of a walk from the mall to get Combee. They already had one, but I didn't and he still needed candy for it anyway. It was quite the snowstorm that we went through, but we got it. I duo'd Absol today with that ultra friend and mine ended up being 1395. I saw that it would go up 35CP if I were to power it up, so I powered it up 3 times and it became a perfect 1500CP to use in the Twilight Cup.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah Pokémon space is the way to go.

I don’t think having a constant Internet connection allows Adventure Sync to work as long as your fitness tracker works.

Yeah I haven’t lost many friends on Pokémon GO.
Yep.

Definitely. Found out that the regular work out (that does require said connection) tracks a bit better. But it's not required. I generally use it if the usual tracking with it off is acting up or if I'm in a place that has wifi (thank you Walmart).

I haven't either thankfully.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Definitely. Found out that the regular work out (that does require said connection) tracks a bit better. But it's not required. I generally use it if the usual tracking with it off is acting up or if I'm in a place that has wifi (thank you Walmart).

I haven't either thankfully.
I guess using Wi-Fi makes the GPS more accurate so there’s less worry about the problems with inaccurate GPS like just missing out on a stop but however sometimes it’s good whenever the GPS drifts you closer to a stop. I had quite a good number of these events happen before and it helps with gifts, etc.

munna

I live on a pokestop and near three gyms, so I never have an issue with not enough item. Usually hoarding is a problem lol

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I guess using Wi-Fi makes the GPS more accurate so there’s less worry about the problems with inaccurate GPS like just missing out on a stop but however sometimes it’s good whenever the GPS drifts you closer to a stop. I had quite a good number of these events happen before and it helps with gifts, etc.
Maybe, but I've had some crazy drift with it too. Both with it on and on cellular data. Really like the drift. Or when I get stuck at a stop lol. It definitely does.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Maybe, but I've had some crazy drift with it too. Both with it on and on cellular data. Really like the drift. Or when I get stuck at a stop lol. It definitely does.
Yeah, sometimes it helps whenever there's no spawns near your area or whenever there's no stops. Sometimes I get lucky to get a Pokémon or two from it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, sometimes it helps whenever there's no spawns near your area or whenever there's no stops. Sometimes I get lucky to get a Pokémon or two from it.
Definitely. Or get some extra items and/or a gift.

Saw a Miltank today. Sadly it spawned too far away to get it. As in it's a drive to get to stop.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
I still need a Lugia but I can't complain about getting a Zapdos for my field research as Zapdos is one of my favourites. I also managed to get a shiny spoink and a second shiny meltan.

My pokedex currently stands as follows: Kanto 136, Johto 83, Hoenn 100, Sinnoh 36 and Unknown 2.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
This AR photo feature is long overdue. Very happy to finally see it announced. Just in time for me too, as I just got a new phone a couple of months ago, and this one actually lets me take AR photos, unlike my last one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
This AR photo feature is long overdue. Very happy to finally see it announced. Just in time for me too, as I just got a new phone a couple of months ago, and this one actually lets me take AR photos, unlike my last one.
Hoping it works with phones that don't have AR as well. Meaning I can take pics of Pokemon I have caught like I do with them in the wild.