• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Hoping it works with phones that don't have AR as well. Meaning I can take pics of Pokemon I have caught like I do with them in the wild.

Do you mean just putting them on top of a generic wilderness background and taking pictures of that? I'm going to guess that won't be an option. This feature is clearly designed around the AR part of things. It's possible that you'll be able to turn AR on and off just like in wild catches, but I wouldn't count on it if I were you.

And really, if you just want a picture of random Pokémon in front of the generic Go wild Pokémon background, it probably wouldn't be that hard to find one on Google Images. It's the AR background that make the photos unique and special.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Do you mean just putting them on top of a generic wilderness background and taking pictures of that? I'm going to guess that won't be an option. This feature is clearly designed around the AR part of things. It's possible that you'll be able to turn AR on and off just like in wild catches, but I wouldn't count on it if I were you.

And really, if you just want a picture of random Pokémon in front of the generic Go wild Pokémon background, it probably wouldn't be that hard to find one on Google Images. It's the AR background that make the photos unique and special.
Ah.

I see.

I found out I didn't have it as the Pokemon doesn't show up when I try to catch it when it's supposedly on (back when I first started playing Go).

Guess I'll be sticking to taking pictures of them on a generic background with them in the wild.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I found out I didn't have it as the Pokemon doesn't show up when I try to catch it when it's supposedly on (back when I first started playing Go).

Yeah, that's the same thing that happened on my old phone. Likely your problem is that your phone doesn't have a gyroscopic sensor, so it can't track the location of the Pokémon. That was the problem with my old phone.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely. Or get some extra items and/or a gift.

Saw a Miltank today. Sadly it spawned too far away to get it. As in it's a drive to get to stop.
I have gotten at least a couple by now and there’s just less than 24 hours remaining until the event finishes. Still fingers crossed that you’ll get one.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah, that's the same thing that happened on my old phone. Likely your problem is that your phone doesn't have a gyroscopic sensor, so it can't track the location of the Pokémon. That was the problem with my old phone.
Yep. And I don't really need one. If someday I do get a phone that has one, it'll be a nice bonus, but not something I really need. Ah.

I have gotten at least a couple by now and there’s just less than 24 hours remaining until the event finishes. Still fingers crossed that you’ll get one.
Sweet.

Ah thanks. I've tried at a stop or so and so far all that's spawned has been junk. Not all bad, but just a bit of pain.

Just saw one... but it's too late to try to get it. Guess I'll just have to try to trade for one.

Last edited:

quake

Over the moon tonight as I found a shiny Spoink walking to my car from work! Here's hoping the pig is lucky and I continue to get shinnies throughout the year!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Just found and caught a shiny Meltan! :) It's adorable. Glad I was able to do so as trading in Let's Go is still a huge pain.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just found and caught a shiny Meltan! :) It's adorable. Glad I was able to do so as trading in Let's Go is still a huge pain.
Nice!!! Still yet to find my shiny Meltan. Trying to get another try at opening the Mystery Box again so that I can hunt for it again.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice!!! Still yet to find my shiny Meltan. Trying to get another try at opening the Mystery Box again so that I can hunt for it again.
Dang, hope you can find one. Glad it showed on my first one (surprised the heck out of me...), as I'm tired of trying to connect to Let's Go. It's gotten harder to do so since this update. Had to tilt my phone to have it stay connected.

Thought it was related to my wifi connection in part as my phone generally only gets up to 3 out of 5 bars... and it went down to 2 for a sec... not much I can do on that either. That said, it seems to stay connected (meaning the Switch icon shows up on my phone)... while the Switch itself seems to run into disconnections. So I'm still thinking it's related to its (the Switch's) bluetooth.

Noticed that it (the Switch) doesn't get the best wifi either, it drops from 3 to 2 bars out of 3. So it's just a pain in the butt. In the same room as the router.

I've tried away from the one area on my couch that seems to drop a bit wifi wise before with the same results.

I'm just hoping that Niantic/Nintendo/Game Freak get this kind of issue fixed for people. It's annoying. I've seen some comments where people with new phones are running into this problem as well.

Drummerdude

I HATCHED A RIOLU!!!!!!! I honestly screamed with excitement when it hatched. I was in my car so I didn't feel too weird about it. It came from the 10k egg I got from making 50k last week. I got 50 Combee candy so I swapped out my buddy to Glameow. I also caught my first Cranidos though it isn't very good. Now I need to decide if I want to keep walking Glameow or switch to Riolu. I'll probably still keep hatching 7k eggs since I still need Mantyke and Bonsly.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dang, hope you can find one. Glad it showed on my first one (surprised the heck out of me...), as I'm tired of trying to connect to Let's Go. It's gotten harder to do so since this update. Had to tilt my phone to have it stay connected.

Thought it was related to my wifi connection in part as my phone generally only gets up to 3 out of 5 bars... and it went down to 2 for a sec... not much I can do on that either. That said, it seems to stay connected (meaning the Switch icon shows up on my phone)... while the Switch itself seems to run into disconnections. So I'm still thinking it's related to its (the Switch's) bluetooth.

Noticed that it (the Switch) doesn't get the best wifi either, it drops from 3 to 2 bars out of 3. So it's just a pain in the butt. In the same room as the router.

I've tried away from the one area on my couch that seems to drop a bit wifi wise before with the same results.

I'm just hoping that Niantic/Nintendo/Game Freak get this kind of issue fixed for people. It's annoying. I've seen some comments where people with new phones are running into this problem as well.
When I tried connecting to a Switch for the first time to get the Mystery Box, I didn't encounter any connection problems and I think my Pokémon went through fine. I guess you're still doing it the right way, but I can see that there could be some hardware problems with your Switch. Maybe it could have a faulty wireless transmitter/receiver.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
When I tried connecting to a Switch for the first time to get the Mystery Box, I didn't encounter any connection problems and I think my Pokémon went through fine. I guess you're still doing it the right way, but I can see that there could be some hardware problems with your Switch. Maybe it could have a faulty wireless transmitter/receiver.
Nice.

And it's not just mine. Others are running into the same thing. It's not good when plenty of people run into the SAME problem. Even if anyone sent theirs in for repair... who knows if they'd get theirs back let alone get it back with the save data. So even if it's the case, it would be a no go for me to send it in for repair, as I have no one to trade my account to for safe keeping.

Also, the last update screwed things up, Niantic admitted as such that Game Freak's update ended up making trading worse for some people. Even affected those who've had problems with it since the beginning. Makes me wonder if some of it is game caused as well. Just a perfect storm.

-----------------

Valentine's event has started! Spotted a Chansey. Too bad I can't get to it. Again. /facepalm. Also spotted a Slowpoke, Hoppip and a Luvdisc. All whom I don't care about.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice.

And it's not just mine. Others are running into the same thing. It's not good when plenty of people run into the SAME problem. Even if anyone sent theirs in for repair... who knows if they'd get theirs back let alone get it back with the save data. So even if it's the case, it would be a no go for me to send it in for repair, as I have no one to trade my account to for safe keeping.

Also, the last update screwed things up, Niantic admitted as such that Game Freak's update ended up making trading worse for some people. Even affected those who've had problems with it since the beginning. Makes me wonder if some of it is game caused as well. Just a perfect storm.

-----------------

Valentine's event has started! Spotted a Chansey. Too bad I can't get to it. Again. /facepalm. Also spotted a Slowpoke, Hoppip and a Luvdisc. All whom I don't care about.
But at least not everybody runs into that problem. It's definitely not a good situation to be in and all I'm hoping is that it gets fixed so no one gets left out. Still not too sure what triggers it.

I went out and found a Porygon! I need the candies for it to evolve my 100 IV Porygon2. I put lures on some stops around my neighbourhood. Still haven't found a Chansey in this event yet.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Managed to get with my raid group and finally raid my first Palkia. Caught it, it's IVs are not stellar by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have one. Wasn't able to be around for Heatran, so I'm happy to have this. Hatched a Chikorita and a Magby, one being 96% the other being 2nd tier, so I transferred the latter. Was kinda hoping I'd get a chance for Cubone before another event, but I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, especially since I finally got a Spinda quest for the first time in nearly 2 months. Can't wait to get heart pattern Spinda!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But at least not everybody runs into that problem. It's definitely not a good situation to be in and all I'm hoping is that it gets fixed so no one gets left out. Still not too sure what triggers it.

I went out and found a Porygon! I need the candies for it to evolve my 100 IV Porygon2. I put lures on some stops around my neighbourhood. Still haven't found a Chansey in this event yet.
Yea and it definitely seems very random, given that it's not just older phones being hit. New ones are as well. It's in part why I'm thinking it's due to the Switch's bluetooth.

Nice!

Just hatched a 4th one of them last night from my 10km egg. Bummed by it, as I don't get that many of those eggs. (Other 3 Porygon are from last year.)

Hope you can find one!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea and it definitely seems very random, given that it's not just older phones being hit. New ones are as well. It's in part why I'm thinking it's due to the Switch's bluetooth.

Nice!

Just hatched a 4th one of them last night from my 10km egg. Bummed by it, as I don't get that many of those eggs. (Other 3 Porygon are from last year.)

Hope you can find one!
Dunno when the fix will come out but I hope it’ll be soon.

Yeah thanks. These things spawn rarely.

Yeah I would definitely like to find one sometime during this event. I saw a couple of raids of it at one time but I didn’t do them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Dunno when the fix will come out but I hope it’ll be soon.

Yeah thanks. These things spawn rarely.

Yeah I would definitely like to find one sometime during this event. I saw a couple of raids of it at one time but I didn’t do them.
I hope so too.

You're welcome.

Ah. I haven't seen them as raids yet, but I'd have a better chance with that then finding them in the wild lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope so too.

You're welcome.

Ah. I haven't seen them as raids yet, but I'd have a better chance with that then finding them in the wild lol.
Yeah.

I’ve only seen them there but I think a couple might have done them. I did a Kirlia raid yesterday.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah.

I’ve only seen them there but I think a couple might have done them. I did a Kirlia raid yesterday.
Ah Nice. Sweet! Did one before myself. Were you able to catch it?

Now I know who to blame for the crappy pairing in Go. Niantic! They worked on it in Let's Go, according to the end game credits. That said, I still think it's Switch bluetooth related.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Thanks to the valentines event I've finally caught an Exeggcute that I need for the meltan quest. Well actually I've caught 2 of them today so 2 down 3 to go.