• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! Same where I'm at. Not sure if I'll be participating today sadly. But I'll be trying. Sweet.

Just ran into one Swinub in my house, along with a Sentret and a Swablu. Not too bad.

(After 2:00 pm now)
Yeah I will go for the full three hours. About to get five stones from training today.

quake

I still have yet to get a Nincada, lol!! But I currently have Togepi as my Buddy because I only need 2 or 3 more Togepi Candies until I get to 100 for Togekiss. After that, I'll probably make something like Buizel or Finneon my Buddy since I don't ever see them and want to evolve them :)
I haven't found a Finneon yet which kills me! Hopefully soon!!

quake

I usually walk with Pokemon for candies to evolve them so at the moment it is Glameow.

I did 4 Shinx raids yesterday yet unfortunately none of them were shiny unfortunately. I also caught a weather boosted Palkia. This morning I got the 5 Sinnoh Stones for training and I'll get the 5 from battling later.

I hardly ever find Shinx raids! 48 candies (if you used a berry on each catch) is good going!

Drummerdude

I got my 5 Sinnoh Stones from battling with my brother. I ended up with 6 shiny Swinub which was more than enough. I evolved one the average Shinies into Mamoswine to have Ancient Power. I also evolved an Aipom and Misdreavus before the Lucky Egg I had up expired. The reason I used a Lucky Egg was because I got to do 2 Palkia raids and I managed to catch both. I'm about 220k xp away from Level 36 so I am hoping to get there before the end of the month.

I haven't found a Finneon yet which kills me! Hopefully soon!!

I think I've only found one. I also haven't found a Glameow or Shieldon. Like you said, hopefully soon! :)

On the other hand, Community Day was decent! It was absolutely freezing here today, which sucked, but I did manage to get 3 shiny Swinub, which was all I wanted. I quickly evolved them to have a shiny Swinub, shiny Piloswine, and shiny Mamoswine. I also evolved a second Mamoswine because I had a regular one with a high CP, so my regular Mamoswine is around 2700 CP and my regular one is only 1400 CP.

Also, thanks to the plentitude of Sinnoh Stones today, I have been able to further register Gliscor, Gallade, Tangrowth, and Yanmega. If I'm correct, all I need left from the Sinnoh Stone group is Togekiss and Lickilicky. I need one more Togepi Candy for Togekiss, and then I have a while to go for Lickilicky because I only have between 60-70 Lickitung Candy. But I'm happy that I'm finally narrowing down how many Sinnoh Stone Pokemon I need :)

My new Pokedex total is 415.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 116 Hoenn, 53 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah I will go for the full three hours. About to get five stones from training today.
Nice!

Got to go out after all. Found a shiny Swinub, got enough candies to evolve a Piloswine I had into a Mamoswine and I got some items and a couple of gifts.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice!

Got to go out after all. Found a shiny Swinub, got enough candies to evolve a Piloswine I had into a Mamoswine and I got some items and a couple of gifts.
Well that's good! My Community Day hasn't started yet and I'm prepared to get a lot of shinies. I have gotten my 10 Sinnoh Stones.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well that's good! My Community Day hasn't started yet and I'm prepared to get a lot of shinies. I have gotten my 10 Sinnoh Stones.
Yep. Hope you luck out there! :) Nice. Got a King's Rock from a Pokestop today.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Hope you luck out there! :) Nice. Got a King's Rock from a Pokestop today.
Yeah thanks! Even though these evolution items are rare, I don't find use for them most of the time and I find that they use up quite a bit of bag space so I throw away some of them.

quake

So who do you all think will be the next CD Pokemon? I still think it's a bit to early for the Hoenn starters so I'm putting my money on either Slakoth or Ralts. I'm hoping for Ralts, Having two shiny evolutions would see a drove of players out for the full three hours and it would definitely be a popular choice!

So who do you all think will be the next CD Pokemon? I still think it's a bit to early for the Hoenn starters so I'm putting my money on either Slakoth or Ralts. I'm hoping for Ralts, Having two shiny evolutions would see a drove of players out for the full three hours and it would definitely be a popular choice!

I would absolutely love to see Ralts. I wouldn't be too interested in Slakoth, but I'm sure a lot of others would be. Ralts, on the other hand, I would absolutely love to see. In addition to the shiny factor of it all, I would love the opportunity to stock up on as much Ralts Candy as possible.

Do you think they would do another Pokemon with a Sinnoh evolution such as Swinub/Mamoswine this month, though? If they do and it's not Ralts, I doubt we would have Eevee again for the introduction of Leafeon and Glaceon, but we also need Magnezone and Probopass, though Magnemite is already available shiny. I don't know... All in all, I definitely want to see Ralts, but I'm unsure what to expect.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks! Even though these evolution items are rare, I don't find use for them most of the time and I find that they use up quite a bit of bag space so I throw away some of them.
You're welcome. Ah. I don't run into that often, and I needed the King's Rock for a Poliwhirl I have. So it was a pleasant surprise.

Good question. I'm hoping for Ralts too, but what if it's Chansey?

quake

Do you think they would do another Pokemon with a Sinnoh evolution such as Swinub/Mamoswine this month? I doubt we would have Eevee again for the introduction of Leafeon and Glaceon, but we also need Magnezone and Probopass, though Magnemite is already available shiny. I don't know... All in all, I definitely want to see Ralts, but I'm unsure what to expect.
I think they will do it so heart beat! The PvP bonus this time round was hugely popular. I only see them doing it with Ralts however. AFAIK Ralts is the only three stage evolution left with a Sinnoh Stone and no shiny available. I wouldn't be surprised if we had another Eevee day. We still have three eevelutions to go and a lot of people wouldn't have been lucky to get 8 perfect shiny Eevees (9 if your a collector). I myself don't even have one!

Good question. I'm hoping for Ralts too, but what if it's Chansey?

With Happiny being the star baby for Valentine's day I don't think I would be Chansey. Maybe eventually

Xionea

Half a centaur
Community Day was pretty good. Found 4 shiny Swinub within the first 15 minutes, followed by about an hour and a half of nothing, then another 3 in the last 20 minutes that I did the event. The best shiny was only average stats, so that's a bit disappointing. It was cold so I didn't want to do the full event this time around. But while playing I found another player and we got to talking and ended up friending each other, so that was nice. We also ran into the famous raid group on the campus doing the event too and they got me access to their raid group finally. One of the girls in the group thought I was in it already since I (out of sheer luck) met up with them for raids a few times. At least I'm in it now and I got to catch my first Palkia during this event with them. Pretty good event overall for me.
Also not counting the shiny Swinubs I've collected during the CD, I haven't found a shiny in almost two weeks. I think my shiny luck finally hit its limit :(
As for the next CD, I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go with Treeko next. We'll probably start to see Gen 5 before we really start getting into Sinnoh CD Pokemon when you take into account that more potential Pokemon like Porygon for example are now possible for CD events. But if they decide to hold off on Treeko, Bagon or Slakoth seem the most likely. Ralts will almost certainly be held off for awhile. Doing two Sinnoh Stone evolution Pokemon for CD in a row is just silly on their part.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. Ah. I don't run into that often, and I needed the King's Rock for a Poliwhirl I have. So it was a pleasant surprise.
Yeah.

Community Day report: Got 10 shiny Swinubs! Evolved two of them. After that, I tried another shot at shiny Meltan but no shiny. Instead I got shiny Luvdisc!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah.

Community Day report: Got 10 shiny Swinubs! Evolved two of them. After that, I tried another shot at shiny Meltan but no shiny. Instead I got shiny Luvdisc!
Wow. That's insanely lucky! I only got the one! Nice.

Ugh. All January and February I've been excited because I could finally get Lugia an Ho-oh from Research. Alas... Every single week I get Moltres or Suicune. The first week my Moltres was shiny, so I was really excited, but repeatedly getting only these two Pokemon after that has been upsetting. I know there's still a little bit of time left this month, but hopefully there will be chances to get them again in the future since it wasn't in my favor this time.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Ugh. All January and February I've been excited because I could finally get Lugia an Ho-oh from Research. Alas... Every single week I get Moltres or Suicune. The first week my Moltres was shiny, so I was really excited, but repeatedly getting only these two Pokemon after that has been upsetting. I know there's still a little bit of time left this month, but hopefully there will be chances to get them again in the future since it wasn't in my favor this time.
Can relate. Got two Moltres. First one in January was fine. Second one. No. And I'm running low on time this month and only have 2 stamps so far. Working on stocking up on Pokeballs for it as well. Just hoping for a shiny or a Lugia or Ho-oh.

quake

I feel your pain, in December I need Lugia, Ho-Oh, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres. I got lucky and only needed Lugia and Ho-Oh come Jan. Since then only one Lugia. With two weeks left I'm doubtful on Ho-Oh which is sad really.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wow. That's insanely lucky! I only got the one! Nice.
Thanks. Never really expected the shiny Luvdisc but at least I got the Valentines shiny. Found three of my shiny Swinubs in the first 15 minutes, then another three in the next 15 minutes.