• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
So, I thought you'd be interested to know that I just read you can indeed take AR photos on a phone without a gyroscope. Apparently it doesn't look too good, but it's possible.
Awesome! That's great. I don't mind. It's a good option for anyone who might not be able to do so via AR.

Well I think it could be better but still it's a Chansey. The event is ending soon so not as many Luvdisc will be found.

At least you finished your Research and got that stamp. Still need that Articuno soon. Got two more chances.
What do you think it is percentage wise? I was just guessing going by what I saw on The Silph Road's site. They mentioned that a 178 iv one would be around 68% IV wise.

Yep. I hope you can get one! :) Working on another 7km egg myself. Hoping for Lucario's baby form.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
What do you think it is percentage wise? I was just guessing going by what I saw on The Silph Road's site. They mentioned that a 178 iv one would be around 68% IV wise.

Yep. I hope you can get one! :) Working on another 7km egg myself. Hoping for Lucario's baby form.
That’s definitely one of the lowest IVs you can get from raids. The minimum is 66% with an IV combo of 10/10/10. Once you have it for long enough consider going for a Lucky trade.

Just got Suicune >-< I had enough of them already. Fingers crossed for one more chance.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
That’s definitely one of the lowest IVs you can get from raids. The minimum is 66% with an IV combo of 10/10/10. Once you have it for long enough consider going for a Lucky trade.

Just got Suicune >-< I had enough of them already. Fingers crossed for one more chance.
Nope not gonna trade it. EVER. As I hatched it. It's a non raid Pokemon. Chansey's baby form, Happiny. I've had no luck running into its adult form before, so I'm just appreciating having a chance now.

Dang that sucks. :( Still have around 4 more stamps to go on my end for one more chance.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nope not gonna trade it. EVER. As I hatched it. It's a non raid Pokemon. Chansey's baby form, Happiny. I've had no luck running into its adult form before, so I'm just appreciating having a chance now.

Dang that sucks. :( Still have around 4 more stamps to go on my end for one more chance.
If that was me, I would definitely go for an evolution since Chanseys are so rare. And I’ll walk with it at some point.

I’ll have to wait for next week and I’ll be glad if I do at least get a shiny.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
If that was me, I would definitely go for an evolution since Chanseys are so rare. And I’ll walk with it at some point.

I’ll have to wait for next week and I’ll be glad if I do at least get a shiny.
That's what I'm planning on doing with mine ;).

Cool.

---------------------

Saw one of the Latias or Latios raids today!

Also saw an Absol one.

Was able to join a Mystic gym, got a couple of gifts, some items, and I got another Gym badge. Also caught 5 weather boosted Pokemon for research.

Last edited:

quake

Took part in a Latias raid and caught it, walked around for a bit and caught a bastidon and had enough candies to evolve it and finally used an incense and caught a Purugly so good day today!

Also I'm honestly surprised it's Treeko for the CD!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's what I'm planning on doing with mine ;).

Cool.

---------------------

Saw one of the Latias or Latios raids today!

Also saw an Absol one.

Was able to join a Mystic gym, got a couple of gifts, some items, and I got another Gym badge. Also caught 5 weather boosted Pokemon for research.
Yeah go for it.

But I think a shiny would be harder to find than getting an Articuno.

---

Seen some Latias raids but I haven't participated in one yet. Will be doing one later on to get one for my dex.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah go for it.

But I think a shiny would be harder to find than getting an Articuno.

---

Seen some Latias raids but I haven't participated in one yet. Will be doing one later on to get one for my dex.
Yep. It's really down to luck or chance with shinies, let alone legendaries.

Ah.

My Pokemon came back from the Gym I put it in, with 43 coins. So I was able to get the Pokemon space add on I wanted.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. It's really down to luck or chance with shinies, let alone legendaries.

Ah.

My Pokemon came back from the Gym I put it in, with 43 coins. So I was able to get the Pokemon space add on I wanted.
Yeah it's all luck. Wouldn't mind trading for one if I don't get one.

I have a Pokémon in a Gym for almost one day and I need it to return to get 50 coins for more bag space.

And I just did a Latias raid! Got my first Latias but she didn't have great IVs and she wasn't shiny.

quake

First Clamperl of the day turned out to be shiny!! The research tasks are much more manageable this time round! Good luck to everyone about to start their day!!!

Just making an edit here - also caught a male Combee! Didn't think they were in game yet!

Last edited:

Pluski

The Clamperl research day went quite well for me. I ended up with 10 shiny Clamperl, one which had 2 perfect IV's. I had to evolve half of them in order to get both a shiny Gorebyss and Huntail, but that was worth it.

I also did 3 Latias raids, and though it was slightly hard, I managed to capture all three of them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah it's all luck. Wouldn't mind trading for one if I don't get one.

I have a Pokémon in a Gym for almost one day and I need it to return to get 50 coins for more bag space.

And I just did a Latias raid! Got my first Latias but she didn't have great IVs and she wasn't shiny.
Definitely.

Ah.

Nice! At least you got one. I'd be happy with any, IV's don't matter to me much, given that people don't usually show up at raids that often.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, it would seem that Clamperl Day was made a whole lot better than Feebas Day. The research tasks, are easier, the Shiny is more common, and there's just more stuff to do, thanks to the event spawns and increased Stardust. Good job, Niantic. I'm still not going to bother going out, as I don't particularly feel like dedicating two Saturdays in a row to Pokémon Go, but next time they have a research event, I will at least consider participating, unlike this one.

I'm just going to have to cross my fingers and hope that Clamperl doesn't turn out to be ultra-super-mega-rare after the event.

Clamperl Day was interesting. I was able to go out for a little over an hour, and I used a Pinap Berry on all of the Clamperl to get as many Candies as possible. I found 2 shiny Clamperl, and evolved 3 Clamperl only for all three of them to become Gorebyss. So I now have 2 regular Gorebyss and 1 shiny Gorebyss, plus 1 shiny Clamperl and, like, 2 regular Clamperl. As I said before, I really hope Clamperl aren't rare after today because I still need Huntail now.

Also, thanks to the increased Water-type spawns, I was able to catch a Floatzel and register that to my Dex as well! I was so, so excited to see it pop up on my nearby because I never, ever see Buizel. Thankful to have that in my Dex now. I knew the event was going to at least be decent when I opened the game at the beginning before heading out and the first thing that spawned was a Marshtomp, lol. Good times.

My new Pokedex total is 420.
149 Kanto, 95 Johto, 118 Hoenn, 56 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I happened to get very lucky today with the event. I had an extra hour to do the event than I normally do, and went to a park that had 29 stops. I also had well over 100 Pinap berries and Ultra Balls, so those Clamperl weren't going anywhere. I caught all 29 Clamperl with the Pinaps, two of which were shiny, and the first two Clamperl I evolved became the two evolutions (I didn't evolve the shinies; figured they'd make better trade bait)! The weather wasn't too bad, the tasks weren't too bad (worst, in my opinion, was "evolve 2 water types), and I even managed to catch a Latias in the meanwhile. A very good event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
No Clamperl on my end, but I really like the new camera app. It works well on older model phones and the backgrounds are not generic ones, so I've been playing with it a bit lol.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely.

Ah.

Nice! At least you got one. I'd be happy with any, IV's don't matter to me much, given that people don't usually show up at raids that often.
Well at least I got it registered towards my Dex. Clamperl Day hasn't started in my area yet but I'll see how it goes. Hoping to get at least one or two.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well at least I got it registered towards my Dex. Clamperl Day hasn't started in my area yet but I'll see how it goes. Hoping to get at least one or two.
Cool. I hope you can get one in your area.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool. I hope you can get one in your area.
Yeah thanks. I heard that the rates elsewhere were good and people were able to get at least one. It better be the case for me.