• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I changed my gifting plan so that I can get more Ultra Friends and Best Friends boosts ready in Community Day for the crazy XP gain. I hatched some more Happinys and I hatched some Alolans. Had a Pokémon in a Gym and it’s almost silver! Never gained any badge XP from it before yesterday. And I got my first Dialga!
Nice! Might do that myself if I'm able to get more gifts. Just gave the one to a friend of mine on my list who was on the lower end and I was trying to help out. Sweet. Awesome!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! Might do that myself if I'm able to get more gifts. Just gave the one to a friend of mine on my list who was on the lower end and I was trying to help out. Sweet. Awesome!
Yeah maybe so that you can get some quick EXP off them. Recently got a couple more of them so I'll be looking forward to get a lot of EXP from them eventually.

Vipsoccermaster

Yeah, speaking of friendship boosts, did that today with a bunch of friends, and that got me over 2.2 million XP. Around 3 million XP gained today alone, from friends, two raids, catching, and spinning. Decent gym XP progress too, getting to gold soon for the rest of the gyms at my local park.

quake

This new event is awesome! Got 6 rare candies and 1 charged TM. Now I'm only 2 candies from lickylicky and I used my charged TM Lucario for Power Up Punch and it actually feels useful now!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Let me just say, I am extremely relieved that the upcoming Rayquaza weekened is not for Shiny Rayquaza. Rayquaza is one of my favorite Shinies, but I am unable to participate in raids over the weekend. Fingers crossed that when they eventually do release Shiny Rayquaza that it will be over the course of a week, like with Groudon and Kyogre.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Drats, and I JUST traded for a Rayquaza with an Ultra Friend for a new Dex entry. Ah well, I have plenty of Stardust to spare. No guarantee that I would even be successful in catching a Rayquaza anyway.

I'm finally getting a new phone and my Go Plus does NOT want to connect with it in any way, so I haven't hatched an egg in AGES. It's just too cold out to walk normally. In addition, I haven't earned a new buddy candy in the same amount of ages. (Adventure Sync isn't working as well, but that might be on my end.) I need this problem solved before spring.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I'm finally getting a new phone and my Go Plus does NOT want to connect with it in any way, so I haven't hatched an egg in AGES. It's just too cold out to walk normally. In addition, I haven't earned a new buddy candy in the same amount of ages. (Adventure Sync isn't working as well, but that might be on my end.) I need this problem solved before spring.

For Adventure Sync, have you recently checked to see if it's activated? I've read reports of it turning itself on certain phones for unknown reasons.

Since my last update, I have registered 2 new Pokemon to my Poke Dex. Yesterday, I hatched my first Chingling from a 7km Egg, and today I caught a wild Purugly, which was exhilarating. I've only ever seen one Glameow, so this was perfect. I also leveled up to level 34 today! I hope I hatch a Bonsly soon because it's just so cute. Ooh, I also hope we can have Mime Jr. soon (and that it's not exclusive like its evolution), because it's also just too cute.

My new Pokedex total is 426.
149 Kanto, 96 Johto, 118 Hoenn, 61 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Let me just say, I am extremely relieved that the upcoming Rayquaza weekened is not for Shiny Rayquaza. Rayquaza is one of my favorite Shinies, but I am unable to participate in raids over the weekend. Fingers crossed that when they eventually do release Shiny Rayquaza that it will be over the course of a week, like with Groudon and Kyogre.
Can relate. Only for me it's due to people not usually being in raids. So generally 5 stars are a no go. Here's to hoping.

Still working on the new 7km egg. Have done quite a bit of walking so far this week, so it's moving along decently.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I got Dialga No.2 a few days back and haven't gotten much else since last time. My last 7 km Egg hatched into a Pichu and I transferred it as usual. But I was able to evolve on of my flower crown Eevee into Espeon and I'm currently trying to evolve another one into Umbreon.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I reactivated Adventure Sync on my new phone. Based on experience though, the Go Plus gives me more distance than the Adventure Sync does, and Go Plus just is not cooperating anymore. I can't have a giant Poke Ball hanging off my belt at work, so the Poke Ball Plus isn't an option, and I don't think the Go-tcha device records distance. Seems like some poor baby Pokemon are going to be stillborns until spring rolls around in June. Also, went to two Tier 5 raids today and no one showed up. Great way to spend my afternoon in 30 degree weather.

Since my last update, I've registered 2 new species. First, I finally reached 50 Combee Candies with it as my Buddy, so I was able to register Vespiquen. Second, after not being able to play much at all this weekend other than claiming a daily research task, I completed my seventh day and lo and behold I finally got a Lugia from my Breakthrough! I think I actually gasped out loud when it appeared. The only Pokemon I need from Johto now are Heracross, Unown, and Ho-oh (and Kangaskhan and Mewtwo from Kanto).

My new Pokedex total is 426.
149 Kanto, 97 Johto, 118 Hoenn, 62 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

Xionea

Half a centaur
Dialga has been pretty unforgiving for me. When it first started, me and the raid group here tried beating it a couple times in nasty weather where our fingers were getting chilled to the bone, but always fell short of beating it because of problems, things such as the game not letting me choose a third team to continue fighting it, the game giving someone the infinite GO issue, the Dialga raid ending 5 seconds too early, etc. We get so close, but something goes wrong and we kept failing. Luckily we eventually got like 12 people together to do one and I managed to catch at least one Dialga. Then in trying to do another raid immediately after i kept getting "Network Error" or "Can't Fetch Raid Details" so I missed out on a second Dialga while everyone else got it. I'll try to get more, but at least getting one makes me happy.

I need to get Regice and Registeel from the Research rewards, I also wouldn't mind Ho-oh or Lugia since they can be shiny... Of course I get Entei :/ Reeeeally wish the legendary dogs weren't in here since they've already had guaranteed Research reward encounters and they aren't shiny yet.

My coworker and I hit Best Friends, so we traded my shiny Charmander for his shiny Ivysaur (wish it was Bulbasaur so I can get that for cheap stardust from other people, but oh well), so now I've finally got a shiny Venusaur! On that same day he also found a shiny Pineco which he says he'll trade to me for a Mewtwo. Worth the trade imo since I got a less than stellar Mewtwo I never plan to use. Also traded my shiny Taillow for a shiny Roselia which is one of the two shiny Pokemon currently in the game I would do anything to have, the other being Snorunt.

And now to top it all off, yesterday I found a shiny Eevee on the way home from eating, but it's pretty worthless to me since I've got like 13 of them now. There's so many shinies I need and it gives me one I've got a dozen of. Pokemon GO probably heard my cries of desperation and decided to give me a rare shiny a few hours later! .... A shiny Pinsir.... Which I already had 2 of.... So now I have 3.... Thanks game, I guess? Now currently sitting at 120 shinies.

quake

So the fighting event is over and the numbers are in, over 140 Machop and 60 Mankey and in the end no shinnies :(

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Dang. I ran into both and got none as well :(.

Was able to go up to a Pokestop today, had to do so twice as the first time I had to walk back to update via wifi. Then I went back up and got a gift and some items. Finally got a Ditto (so now that research task is done)! I caught a Yamna and it transformed. Also caught some other Pokemon. Been trying to get Excellent throws and I swear they're impossible now (it's for the get 2 Excellent throws in a row research task). Also was able to get Sunkern to evolve into a Sunflora (caught the last Sunkern needed, candy wise).

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dang. I ran into both and got none as well :(.

Was able to go up to a Pokestop today, had to do so twice as the first time I had to walk back to update via wifi. Then I went back up and got a gift and some items. Finally got a Ditto (so now that research task is done)! I caught a Yamna and it transformed. Also caught some other Pokemon. Been trying to get Excellent throws and I swear they're impossible now (it's for the get 2 Excellent throws in a row research task). Also was able to get Sunkern to evolve into a Sunflora (caught the last Sunkern needed, candy wise).
Yeah no shiny Machop and Mankey too.

Congratulations on that Ditto! I got Hitmonchan for two Excellent throws in a row and that was from a Dialga from a raid. I have gotten Sunkern once before from evolve a Pokémon but I transferred it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah no shiny Machop and Mankey too.

Congratulations on that Ditto! I got Hitmonchan for two Excellent throws in a row and that was from a Dialga from a raid. I have gotten Sunkern once before from evolve a Pokémon but I transferred it.
Thanks! Ah I see. If only people showed up at 5 star raids more often! I got that as well from Giratina (meaning being able to do an Excellent throw).

Up to near 5km on my 7km egg now. The walking I did today really helped.

Trying to get stamps for the research Pokemon has been a pain so far this month.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! Ah I see. If only people showed at 5 star raids more often! I got that as well from Giratina.

Up to near 5km on my 7km egg now. The walking I did today really helped.

Trying to get stamps for the research Pokemon has been a pain so far this month.
I hope so. Not as many people are raiding in my area these days.

Hatched a few Alolans recently and I'm hoping for more baby Pokémon this time.

I got a Lugia from mu last stamp. Still it's better than getting the Legendary dogs.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hope so. Not as many people are raiding in my area these days.

Hatched a few Alolans recently and I'm hoping for more baby Pokémon this time.

I got a Lugia from mu last stamp. Still it's better than getting the Legendary dogs.
Yea weekends seem to be the best where I'm at.

Ah. Hope you're able to hatch them. What are you hoping for?

Nice.