• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Did my Treecko Community Day. Got 9 shinies, which was slightly worse but still good! Didn't have great IVs though.

Also I got a shiny Roselia yesterday! And I evolved it!
Hey that's good luck! I'm lucky to run into one per Community day, minus Eevee day where I ran into 3.

Nice! I'd love to run into a shiny one of those.

Can't wait for Treecko Community day today. Hoping to evolve Grovyle into a Sceptile.

Drummerdude

I GOT A SHINY SHINX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also hit Best Friends with my second person ever which put me about 250,000xp away from Level 37. Honestly it's going to be odd not focusing on Shinx raids like I was. I'll still do them occasionally but I would like to see if I could solo an Alolan Raichu next. Now to determine if I want to evolve Shinx into Luxray or not.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Having a nice Community day, got a good handful of Treecko and just ran into and caught a shiny Murkrow! :eek: Big thanks to the incense I used. Also got 3 gifts, some items and was able to get a research stamp.

My day's gotten better! Was able to find and catch one last Treecko and then transferred a pair so I'd get up to 100 Treecko candies. Thankfully I had a Grovyle set aside to evolve into a Sceptile. My 7km egg hatched into a Cleffa, so I finally got my last Fairy type Pokemon to earn a badge.

Last edited:
I walked for a little over an hour today and found 4 shiny Treecko. I found 3 and was happy, because I evolved them so as to have one of each evolutionary stage. But then when I got to my car to drive home (I was walking on my college campus), I found another one! So I have a spare, which I can maybe use as trade fodder at some point. Sent a bunch of gifts and hatched a couple Eggs. Overall a success!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Having a nice Community day, got a good handful of Treecko and just ran into and caught a shiny Murkrow! :eek: Big thanks to the incense I used. Also got 3 gifts, some items and was able to get a research stamp.

My day's gotten better! Was able to find and catch one last Treecko and then transferred a pair so I'd get up to 100 Treecko candies. Thankfully I had a Grovyle set aside to evolve into a Sceptile. My 7km egg hatched into a Cleffa, so I finally got my last Fairy type Pokemon to earn a badge.
Congrats! Any shiny Treeckos? I hatched three Eggs using the Community Day bonus, which was a 10 km Egg for Bagon, a 5 km Egg for Sneasel and a 7 km Egg for Cleffa. Anyway congrats on the shiny Murkrow!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Congrats! Any shiny Treeckos? I hatched three Eggs using the Community Day bonus, which was a 10 km Egg for Bagon, a 5 km Egg for Sneasel and a 7 km Egg for Cleffa. Anyway congrats on the shiny Murkrow!
Thanks! Nope. Not one. That said, I got some good CP ones. And the one I evolved as a Grovyle had Wonderful stats. Hatched it from an egg :). Sweet! Any luck on your end? Thanks again. Named it Lenore after Edgar Allan Poe's lost love from the story, The Raven.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks! Nope. Not one. That said, I got some good CP ones. And the one I evolved as a Grovyle had Wonderful stats. Hatched it from an egg :). Sweet! Any luck on your end? Thanks again. Named it Lenore after Edgar Allan Poe's lost love from the story, The Raven.
At least it's nice. Didn't find any shinies other than Treecko on Community Day. But still I did a Dialga raid during Community Day because there were already a good amount of people playing where I did my Community Day. There were so many accounts that three lobbies were made so that everyone could do the raid. And I did catch that Dialga. Surely I could get an EX Raid Pass for that Gym since that Gym was also an EX Raid Gym.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
At least it's nice. Didn't find any shinies other than Treecko on Community Day. But still I did a Dialga raid during Community Day because there were already a good amount of people playing where I did my Community Day. There were so many accounts that three lobbies were made so that everyone could do the raid. And I did catch that Dialga. Surely I could get an EX Raid Pass for that Gym since that Gym was also an EX Raid Gym.
Yea it was a nice surprise as I didn't think I'd run into anything. At least you found them. Nice! Congrats on the catch! :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea it was a nice surprise as I didn't think I'd run into anything. At least you found them. Nice! Congrats on the catch! :)
Thanks! Hope that you can get to do a Dialga raid soon! It's going to end quite soon and Giratina will come. I caught mine on my second last ball.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks! Hope that you can get to do a Dialga raid soon! It's going to end quite soon and Giratina will come. I caught mine on my second last ball.
You're welcome. I hope I can too. Yea I'd love to get one of those twerps... given that last time it ran from me (Giratina, that is). >_> Speaking of which, I saw my first 3 star raid in months. Couldn't get to it though as it was too far to walk to :(. Hope I can find another one soon so I can try for another stamp.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I had a good time at my CD today. Caught 6 shinies, evolved one of them into a Sceptile, and evolved my highest CP Treecko into a Sceptile as well. Caught so many Treecko that I had to start deleting them to make space (though I play with the 300 starting amount and usually have around 200 Pokemon on me, so that's not too impressive). There were easily over 100 people where I was at, so doing two Dialga raids wasn't a problem (caught one). Hatched 18 eggs, and they were all junk, though the first 9 were also well over a month old, so that's to be expected. All of my friends got a gift today. And I even remembered to use Star Pieces today! Now I have to go and do some major pruning.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Got 9 shinies out of about 230 Treeckos caught, clicked on a lot more. Went the full 3 hours with discord friends, lot of filthy casuals dipped out after the first hour due to the later time. Sad, beautiful spring day.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. I hope I can too. Yea I'd love to get one of those twerps... given that last time it ran from me (Giratina, that is). >_> Speaking of which, I saw my first 3 star raid in months. Couldn't get to it though as it was too far to walk to :(. Hope I can find another one soon so I can try for another stamp.
Yeah you should get one if you have the chance. They're quite good in battle. I got a Registeel from my Research Breakthrough! Two more Regis to go.

Drummerdude

I spent about 2 hours playing during Community Day and ended with 4 Shiny Treecko. I evolved one of them as well as 2 regular Treecko all the way for Frenzy Plant. I also solo'd an Alolan Raichu so now that I knew I can do it I may be on the lookout for more to try to get a shiny. Hopefully it won't take as long as Shinx did. I caught a random Cranidos this morning and decided to start walking with it instead of Shieldon for now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah you should get one if you have the chance. They're quite good in battle. I got a Registeel from my Research Breakthrough! Two more Regis to go.
I wish! It comes down to people actually being there. It's the biggest problem with those stupid raids. Usually no one is there. No matter how good the Pokemon is, it doesn't mean anything when there aren't enough people at the raid to take it down. Congrats!

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Yesterday's CD went pretty well. I had a bit on the lower end of shinies (caught 4) but I'm just happy I got one. Even got one that's top tier with a really high CP so I'm over the moon about that. I did managed to hatch quite a few eggs, including a shiny Elekid! Looking back, I should've evolved an extra shiny Treecko with high CP to trade later, but if/when they do the CD December deal, I can always hold off till then. On top of that, the weather was BEAUTIFUL. A far cry from Totodile and Swinub day. I was hoping for another Dialga raid while I was with friends, but none showed up so I've just got a (really) bad one. Hopefully I can grab one before they go away, but if I don't, it won't be the end of the world. Still had fun!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wish! It comes down to people actually being there. It's the biggest problem with those stupid raids. Usually no one is there. No matter how good the Pokemon is, it doesn't mean anything when there aren't enough people at the raid to take it down. Congrats!
I think people are more likely to attend raids when the Pokémon starts debuting at raids. It’s getting quite late as Dialga about to leave the raids so I think people are less motivated to do raids now. I never really expected to get any Regis.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think people are more likely to attend raids when the Pokémon starts debuting at raids. It’s getting quite late as Dialga about to leave the raids so I think people are less motivated to do raids now. I never really expected to get any Regis.
Yea usually. And on weekends.

Got 20 laps done today. So I'm at 7.1km, and I'll get my 5km reward. :) Just put another egg into the incubator.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea usually. And on weekends.

Got 20 laps done today. So I'm at 7.1km, and I'll get my 5km reward. :) Just put another egg into the incubator.
I walked a lot on the weekend and got from somewhere like 20 km to 40 km. But still didn't get my Ultra Balls.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I walked a lot on the weekend and got from somewhere like 20 km to 40 km. But still didn't get my Ultra Balls.
Dang. That sucks :( What did you get instead?