• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
At least you get them. Yea they would.
But still very very rare.

I finally found the 'Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row' research for Spinda pattern number 2. Just in time before a new Spinda pattern comes out. Did a 'Win 5 Gym Battles' research for Lapras but didn't get a shiny from that one.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
But still very very rare.

I finally found the 'Make 5 Great Curveball Throws in a row' research for Spinda pattern number 2. Just in time before a new Spinda pattern comes out. Did a 'Win 5 Gym Battles' research for Lapras but didn't get a shiny from that one.
Ah. Well that's better than no chance in Arceus lol.

Nice. Too bad abut Lapras. Hope you have another chance at it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Well that's better than no chance in Arceus lol.

Nice. Too bad abut Lapras. Hope you have another chance at it.
Yeah lol. But I imagine it’ll be easier to get than Unown due to the raid system but for a limited time.

Yea I would hope so. But I don’t expect to do much with them for a while.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah lol. But I imagine it’ll be easier to get than Unown due to the raid system but for a limited time.

Yea I would hope so. But I don’t expect to do much with them for a while.
Yep. That would be a good idea as long as it was a 3 star or less raid (given the hassle of trying to find group ones).

Ah. I haven't done much with research lately either.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. That would be a good idea as long as it was a 3 star or less raid (given the hassle of trying to find group ones).

Ah. I haven't done much with research lately either.
For some reason I'm thinking it's likely to be among the lines of an EX Raid like with Deoxys.

Yeah back then I was a bit more lucky with the Research. But now I'm getting close to getting 2000 bag space and then I can get that done. I have 1900 bag space right now.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
For some reason I'm thinking it's likely to be among the lines of an EX Raid like with Deoxys.

Yeah back then I was a bit more lucky with the Research. But now I'm getting close to getting 2000 bag space and then I can get that done. I have 1900 bag space right now.
Annnd that's one I'd have to pass on, given that there are NO EX Raid Gyms in my area (seriously, there are 0 of them, and the closest one is around 30 miles away, not worth driving out to it). It would be better if it weren't one of those.

Ah. Good luck there. I have to get another Pokemon expansion lol, almost out of room again.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Annnd that's one I'd have to pass on, given that there are NO EX Raid Gyms in my area (seriously, there are 0 of them, and the closest one is around 30 miles away, not worth driving out to it). It would be better if it weren't one of those.

Ah. Good luck there. I have to get another Pokemon expansion lol, almost out of room again.
They're usually found in parks or are sponsored Gyms and there are quite a number of parks in my area and I do have EX Raid Gyms that are a 10 minute walk away from me.

Yeah thanks. Meltan took quite a number of Pokémon space so I'm also considering upgrading that.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They're usually found in parks or are sponsored Gyms and there are quite a number of parks in my area and I do have EX Raid Gyms that are a 10 minute walk away from me.

Yeah thanks. Meltan took quite a number of Pokémon space so I'm also considering upgrading that.
Lucky. We have some sponsored stuff, but they're all Poke Stops.

You're welcome. Ah. I tend try to put aside the best ones and candy the rest to free up space asap.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Lucky. We have some sponsored stuff, but they're all Poke Stops.

You're welcome. Ah. I tend try to put aside the best ones and candy the rest to free up space asap.
They're not sponsored but they're EX Raid Gyms because they're considered to be in a park by the algorithm.

Maybe I need to transfer some spare Pokémon now so that I can get a bit more space.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
They're not sponsored but they're EX Raid Gyms because they're considered to be in a park by the algorithm.

Maybe I need to transfer some spare Pokémon now so that I can get a bit more space.
Ah. Well it sucks in my area, since there are parks in my town along with Gyms. I'm figuring that there aren't the right kind of cell towers in the region. Best guess I can come up with there.

Couldn't hurt. I need to do more of that myself.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Well it sucks in my area, since there are parks in my town along with Gyms. I'm figuring that there aren't the right kind of cell towers in the region. Best guess I can come up with there.

Couldn't hurt. I need to do more of that myself.
Usually because there's no Gyms in the park or maybe the nearby Gyms are just outside the park.

Yeah but I haven't thought what I need to transfer right now. Could as well transfer some of the Smeargles I have caught.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Usually because there's no Gyms in the park or maybe the nearby Gyms are just outside the park.

Yeah but I haven't thought what I need to transfer right now. Could as well transfer some of the Smeargles I have caught.
Ah. That might be the case. The Gym is right outside of it. That's frustrating.

Ah. I'm not sure either.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. That might be the case. The Gym is right outside of it. That's frustrating.

Ah. I'm not sure either.
Yeah I think that's the reason why it's not an EX Raid Gym. It'll be great if they can get a Gym to be inside your local park.

I have at least 60 of them and clearing them would give me more than enough space to catch a few boxes worth of Meltans.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I think that's the reason why it's not an EX Raid Gym. It'll be great if they can get a Gym to be inside your local park.

I have at least 60 of them and clearing them would give me more than enough space to catch a few boxes worth of Meltans.
Yea it would be, but I doubt anything in it could be changed to one. Might try to see if there's a way to do so, but they'd have to change a stop to a Gym.

There isn't just yet... given that it's only in some countries at this point (Arceus knows when it'll be released in the US). Only way that I know of is to play Ingress and get up to a certain level. Not interested in doing that -- both in regards to playing and due to my phone already being low on space as it is.

Wow that's a lot of Meltan! :eek: Probably.

--------------------------

Woo-hoo! Latias and Latios are a part of next month's research rewards!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-adding-more-legendaries-through-may-and/1100-6466491/

Source: gamespot

Also some new Pokemon are available in eggs.

Just hoping my 10km egg luck improves!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea it would be, but I doubt anything in it could be changed to one. Might try to see if there's a way to do so, but they'd have to change a stop to a Gym.

There isn't just yet... given that it's only in some countries at this point (Arceus knows when it'll be released in the US). Only way that I know of is to play Ingress and get up to a certain level. Not interested in doing that -- both in regards to playing and due to my phone already being low on space as it is.

Wow that's a lot of Meltan! :eek: Probably.

--------------------------

Woo-hoo! Latias and Latios are a part of next month's research rewards!

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-go-adding-more-legendaries-through-may-and/1100-6466491/

Source: gamespot

Also some new Pokemon are available in eggs.

Just hoping my 10km egg luck improves!
Or have someone add Portals in Ingress to the park and hope one of them becomes a Gym in Pokémon GO.

Yeah but I won't be able to get that much in one day since I can get up to 20 per box. From the event, I'll have to wait three more days to reactivate the Mystery Box.

One more chance to get Regirock! Great that the Latias and Latios are going to be Research Breakthrough rewards and once they're there, there's more chances for shinies.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Or have someone add Portals in Ingress to the park and hope one of them becomes a Gym in Pokémon GO.

Yeah but I won't be able to get that much in one day since I can get up to 20 per box. From the event, I'll have to wait three more days to reactivate the Mystery Box.

One more chance to get Regirock! Great that the Latias and Latios are going to be Research Breakthrough rewards and once they're there, there's more chances for shinies.
I wish! I know no one in my area that plays it :(. So that's one area that's closed off to me.

Ah I see.

Nice. I still have that one and Regice to get, along with Ho-Oh and Lugia. Literally 1 (maybe 2) research rewards a month on my end.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wish! I know no one in my area that plays it :(. So that's one area that's closed off to me.

Ah I see.

Nice. I still have that one and Regice to get, along with Ho-Oh and Lugia. Literally 1 (maybe 2) research rewards a month on my end.
I hope that more Ingress players will come to your area to submit more portals. I think the minimum level to submit a portal is 10 in Ingress. And could become an EX Raid Gym in a park!

Yeah, still gives me a bit more time to upgrade Pokémon space but still have to transfer a good amount of Pokémon to at least have space to have new Meltans.

The Regis will be phased out by the end of the month but Ho-Oh and Lugia will remain so you'll have more chances to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hope that more Ingress players will come to your area to submit more portals. I think the minimum level to submit a portal is 10 in Ingress. And could become an EX Raid Gym in a park!

Yeah, still gives me a bit more time to upgrade Pokémon space but still have to transfer a good amount of Pokémon to at least have space to have new Meltans.

The Regis will be phased out by the end of the month but Ho-Oh and Lugia will remain so you'll have more chances to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia!
Thanks. I hope so too. There's at least one spot I know of in it that I think could be made into one.

Cool.

Dang, I don't mind on that end... since I want Ho-Oh and Lugia more. So I'll be holding out. Got Registeel, wanted Regice (since it's my favorite)... but I like it ok. Named it R2D2 :p.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Thanks. I hope so too. There's at least one spot I know of in it that I think could be made into one.

Cool.

Dang, I don't mind on that end... since I want Ho-Oh and Lugia more. So I'll be holding out. Got Registeel, wanted Regice (since it's my favorite)... but I like it ok. Named it R2D2 :p.
I think it can be a good spot for a new Gym if there's lots of space.

Yeah they can also be shiny. The shiny forms of Regirock, Regice and Registeel are yet to be released and could come back later after their shiny forms are released.

Still I managed to complete some gaps in my Pokédex and got Articuno, Illumise and Seviper! Just need Farfetch'd to finish the Kanto Dex and a few gaps in both the Johto and Hoenn Dexes to finish them (once after Kecleon is released).

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it can be a good spot for a new Gym if there's lots of space.

Yeah they can also be shiny. The shiny forms of Regirock, Regice and Registeel are yet to be released and could come back later after their shiny forms are released.

Still I managed to complete some gaps in my Pokédex and got Articuno, Illumise and Seviper! Just need Farfetch'd to finish the Kanto Dex and a few gaps in both the Johto and Hoenn Dexes to finish them (once after Kecleon is released).
There's enough.

Sweet.

Awesome. I still need one of those bugs. Hope you can get one.