• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Pretty sure you won't be able to find Porygon as shiny yet. I meant Beldum as the shiny. What I meant is because Beldum's shiny is already out from the Community Day, it can be obtained shiny but at a much lower rate.

But still I found a wild Charizard and I caught it! It took a while for me to catch it since it was dodging a lot of balls and it kept on escaping. That was my first wild encounter with a Charizard.
Ah I see. Guess I got mixed up XD.

Sweet find! Last wild starter I found was a Blastoise and it ran away.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah I see. Guess I got mixed up XD.

Sweet find! Last wild starter I found was a Blastoise and it ran away.
I think my one was just for the event. I have found wild Venusaur before even though that was a long time ago. Never found a wild Blastoise before.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think my one was just for the event. I have found wild Venusaur before even though that was a long time ago. Never found a wild Blastoise before.
Ah. Nice! I see. I haven't found another one since, myself. Seen some other evolved Pokemon though. Just not a lot of them.

I'm working on a 7km egg now.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Nice! I see. I haven't found another one since, myself. Seen some other evolved Pokemon though. Just not a lot of them.

I'm working on a 7km egg now.
Found another Charizard but it ran away. They’re now more common than I originally thought.

Last 7 km Egg hatched into an Alolan Diglett. Still waiting for the shiny from the Egg.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Found another Charizard but it ran away. They’re now more common than I originally thought.

Last 7 km Egg hatched into an Alolan Diglett. Still waiting for the shiny from the Egg.
Lucky! I've seen Loudreds, Jigglypuffs, etc... and one Flareon. No uber rares.

Ah. Hope you find it. Got some walking done today and am up to around 2km on the new egg.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Lucky! I've seen Loudreds, Jigglypuffs, etc... and one Flareon. No uber rares.

Ah. Hope you find it. Got some walking done today and am up to around 2km on the new egg.
Found a couple of more Flareons. I find them once in a while or so. Never found a Snorlax during the event so far.

Hatched another Alolan Diglett (which I transferred as usual) and a Happiny from 7 km Eggs. Happiny didn’t really have the best IVs but still it feels great hatching one once in a while.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Found a couple of more Flareons. I find them once in a while or so. Never found a Snorlax during the event so far.

Hatched another Alolan Diglett (which I transferred as usual) and a Happiny from 7 km Eggs. Happiny didn’t really have the best IVs but still it feels great hatching one once in a while.
Ah nice. I generally only find rares with incense.

Nice. Going to be working on the egg today. Hoping to get it up to around 4km or so.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah nice. I generally only find rares with incense.

Nice. Going to be working on the egg today. Hoping to get it up to around 4km or so.
Sometimes I find them from incense (the number of Skarmories I found from them). But at times rare spawns do happen.

Got a couple of kms for my current 7 km Egg. Will hatch it later today.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Sometimes I find them from incense (the number of Skarmories I found from them). But at times rare spawns do happen.

Got a couple of kms for my current 7 km Egg. Will hatch it later today.
Yea that seems to be how that happens. Ah. I've seen some rare spawns, but they're usually at places I can't to, at bad times (like late at night) and that kind of thing.

Sweet. Hope you get something nice from it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea that seems to be how that happens. Ah. I've seen some rare spawns, but they're usually at places I can't to, at bad times (like late at night) and that kind of thing.

Sweet. Hope you get something nice from it.
Well for this event some of them have increased spawn rates and Charizard, Flareon and Snorlax is on the list of increased spawns. I think I ran into one more Flareon on the overworld map but I didn't tap on it.

Yeah thanks, since I'm still waiting for a shiny to come out of it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well for this event some of them have increased spawn rates and Charizard, Flareon and Snorlax is on the list of increased spawns. I think I ran into one more Flareon on the overworld map but I didn't tap on it.

Yeah thanks, since I'm still waiting for a shiny to come out of it.
Ah, well I wonder where Charizard and Snorlax are... haven't seen one yet. Only one Flareon too.

You're welcome. I'll have to check on how much further my egg has gotten km wise. It was a bit chilly today, so I didn't get to do as much walking as I wanted to.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah, well I wonder where Charizard and Snorlax are... haven't seen one yet. Only one Flareon too.

You're welcome. I'll have to check on how much further my egg has gotten km wise. It was a bit chilly today, so I didn't get to do as much walking as I wanted to.
I found mine randomly. I think it'll be the same case for you. But they just don't pop out a lot.

Haven't hatched my Egg within the past few hours. Still a mystery what it could be.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I found mine randomly. I think it'll be the same case for you. But they just don't pop out a lot.

Haven't hatched my Egg within the past few hours. Still a mystery what it could be.
Here's to hoping! That was the same with Flareon, Blastoise and Vileplume for me as well.

Dang. Pretty much the same here.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Here's to hoping! That was the same with Flareon, Blastoise and Vileplume for me as well.

Dang. Pretty much the same here.
More Charizards would be nice for the event. But still I wish evolved spawns spawned more regularly in certain area like what happened in the older Pokémon GO.

But I still got some time to hatch it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
More Charizards would be nice for the event. But still I wish evolved spawns spawned more regularly in certain area like what happened in the older Pokémon GO.

But I still got some time to hatch it.
Definitely. Agreed. It's harder to find good spawns in more rural areas. What was the most random spawn you've ever gotten outside of an event? For me it was a Larvitar.

Cool.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Definitely. Agreed. It's harder to find good spawns in more rural areas. What was the most random spawn you've ever gotten outside of an event? For me it was a Larvitar.

Cool.
Yeah I think it would be hard but I think accessing Pokéstops there would be even harder. I have several random ones like wild Typhlosion. But so far my Pokémon GO day is quite typical.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I think it would be hard but I think accessing Pokéstops there would be even harder. I have several random ones like wild Typhlosion. But so far my Pokémon GO day is quite typical.
Yep. I've seen some places with only one stop and Gym in them. Thankfully my area isn't quite that bad. Nice! Ah. Looking forward to this months. I have a Combusken to evolve. Gonna try for a shiny one too, Torchic wise.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. I've seen some places with only one stop and Gym in them. Thankfully my area isn't quite that bad. Nice! Ah. Looking forward to this months. I have a Combusken to evolve. Gonna try for a shiny one too, Torchic wise.
The most rural place I have seen on Pokémon GO is a place where there was basically one Pokéstop and nothing else. But there was a place nearby that had a lot of Pokémon spawns. I think I'm quite ready for Torchic Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
The most rural place I have seen on Pokémon GO is a place where there was basically one Pokéstop and nothing else. But there was a place nearby that had a lot of Pokémon spawns. I think I'm quite ready for Torchic Community Day.
Wow that's very rural. Nice.

Just hoping the weather is nice out.

Just checked my egg... only got up to 2.4km today.