1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

GO Recent Happenings Thread

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by JX Valentine, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

Yeah true. Usually I see a couple of stops in some rural towns but there's basically none in the countryside.

Would definitely hope for sunny weather for the weather boost.

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I just made it up to level 39. And so begins the long climb to 40. Fun fact for those who don't know, it takes 20,000,000 experience total to make it from level 1 to level 40, and 5,000,000 of that experience is used to get from 39 to 40, meaning that a fourth of the total experience needed to get to level 40 is gained at 39. To put it a different way, it's taken me over two and half years to get this far, and at that rate it will take me nearly another year to reach 40.

Of course, it won't actually take me that long, as my average experience gain per day has gone way up ever since I got the Pokéball Plus. Without that thing, I'd still probably be level 37, maybe just starting at 38.

WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  3. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Cursed by the Darkness Staff Member

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Mega Altaria likes this.
  4. Mega Altaria

Got another Happiny from a 7 km Egg and I kept it. So far today wasn't that interesting as usual. But still got to put Pokémon in a few more Gyms.

But still I think it's going to be really rare as usual.

5. WishIhadaManafi5

Nice. Ah cool.

Wouldn't doubt it. And with my luck with those dumb 10km eggs lol. I'm lucky if I get a few a year, if that.

Mega Altaria likes this.
  6. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Another week, another Ho-Oh. The game knows I'm shiny hunting the other three, I'm convinced at this point lol (Did get Sinnoh Stones as my reward two weeks in a row too, so I shouldn't complain)

Other than that, I finally hit 40! Two best friends and an ultra friend + a lucky egg pushed me over the top.

7. Mega Altaria

Never thought I would hatch too many Happiny that recently. Must be starting to get lucky on the Baby Pokémon.

By then I think the Egg pool would have undergone a few rotations. But Lapras could stay for a couple of them and there's still chances to hatch a shiny one.

8. WishIhadaManafi5

Could be.

Yep. If only I ran into more 10km eggs and had better luck. Honestly, I get anything but them a lot of the time.

Got to go to a Gym today and I got two gifts. Saw a Charizard too. Tried to get to it, but was going too fast, as in two miles over their speed limit. So there goes seeing it spawn at all. :( Dang it. At least I got a few Incense from getting done with a Research task... it was my last one I had to get done to unlock some new rewards. Took on Azelf today for fun... only got it down around 40%, but at least I tried.

Anyone else getting continously harassed by Niantic's new privacy statement? I got it before and then looked at it. Annnd now after this new update, they're harassing me again. Ugh. Uh guys (meaning Niantic), I've already viewed it. I don't need to see it AGAIN.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    Mega Altaria likes this.
  9. Mega Altaria

Now I finally hatch a Mantyke! That's my first one. Still trying to hatch Chingling.

Glad that Lapras Raid Day got announced! Looks like there's another chance for a shiny!

Haven't found Charizard today so far but found at least one Flareon. But I didn't catch that one as I was on the train about to spin a stop at a Gym at a train station I couldn't reach unless the train went a bit further and I didn't want to miss the stop after the train left that station.

Just saw these today. But I still wish they didn't pop up all over again.

10. WishIhadaManafi5

Nice! I still have to get a Chingling too.

I am as well. I'll have to check it's star rating though. Annd there shoots Lapras, as it's tier 4.

Ah.

Same here. Just reported it to Niantic as a bug.

Looking forward to raid week, there's some good stuff in the 1-3 tier range.

Just went up to a Poke Stop and thankfully that message didn't pop up. Got some items, a 5km egg (dang it, wanted a 10km one), and a gift. Also caught some Pokemon.

Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 6:13 PM
    Mega Altaria likes this.
  11. quake

quake Well-Known Member

One shiny squirtel and one shiny snubbel both evolved up. Can't really complain about no shiny aipom. Best of luck everyone on Sunday with your Torchic!

12. Mega Altaria

Personally I would be expecting one soon because of the 7 km Egg luck.

I think there will be people who will try to raid during that time to claim their shiny Lapras.

Raid week looks great but still would like more free Raid Passes and possibly free Premium Raid Passes. Also looking forward to shiny Bronzor!

13. WishIhadaManafi5

Ah hope so.

Here's to hoping. Honestly. My area sucks in that regard. Generally luck out more with weekend raids. Just checked and it's on the 25th... maybe I might have some luck there. Just gotta hope the weather is good.

Here's what I have to face off against it with:

Machamp
    Machoke X 3
    Hitmontop
    Primeape
    Breloom
    Hitmonlee
    Zapdos
    Raikou
    Ivysaur
    Roselia (a good handful of them)
    Exeggutor (a good handful, both regular and Alolan)
    Sceptile
    Tyranitar (a pair of them)
    Electabuzz
    Magneton
    Alolan Graveler

Sweet.

My Pokemon came back from the Gym and got 50 coins! So only need around 30 or so more to go until I can get another add on.

Just evolved my shiny Pikachu into a shiny Raichu and an Anorith into an Armaldo.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 3:28 AM
    Mega Altaria likes this.
  14. The Teller

The Teller King of Half-Truths

15. Mega Altaria

Last one hatched into Elekid. Still can hatch the baby Pokémon but the luck isn't quite there yet.

I think on the days outside of Lapras Raid Day you can at least go for a shiny Bronzor. It's a Level 1 Raid so it should not be too difficult to take on one.

I caught both Cherrim forms, evolved my shiny Aipom into Ambipom and got Leafeon and Glaceon! Still yet to evolve my shiny Eevee and Flower Crown Eevee into Leafeon and Glaceon.

16. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Well, today was an interesting day for Go.

Let me start off by applauding Niantic. For once they actually took extra steps to preserve a gimmick. The biome lures are an absolutely perfect solution to the problem of location-based evolution. I'm not sure I ever would have come up with the idea myself. Unlike all the other Sinnoh evolutions, these four now feel like I'm actually evolving them like they should be evolved. Bravo Niantic. It sucks a little that they're exclusive to the shop, but I managed to mooch off of someone else who placed all three next to each other today, so I have all the evolutions I need from them now.

Otherwise, I'm glad we've finally "finished" the Sinnoh releases. I'm really not sure why or how it took seven months, but at least it's done. Cherim is implemented pretty much as expected (though it's extremely strange how much more common it is than Cherubi), and Shellos are regional.

Speaking of Shellos though, the big bummer for me today is that I was playing during the time that Shellos was accidently not regional (because Niantic has to mess something up), and I could have gone after an East Shellos, but decided that they seemed common enough not to worry about. At the time, I figured Niantic had just decided against making them regional. I'm really regretting the choice right now. Shellos is the one Pokémon (besides the forthcoming Vivillion) that I support being regional, but it's still a bummer not taking the chance to get the form that I will probably never get now.

17. WishIhadaManafi5

Well that's frustrating.

Cool. Might try for that. And the level 3 ones look ok too, I need to beat one to get a stamp.

Nice!

I heard that they can be gotten from research too. Which is better than the shop, which I'm not bothering with. I'm getting extensions only from there. Since it's enough of a pain trying to save up coins.

This is what I found article wise about it:

Source: https://www.gamepur.com/guide/40595-pokemon-go-glacial-mossy-magnetic-lures-guide.html

I'm more than willing to wait and I'm patient and grateful that they're even bothering to release them at all in another way.

Same here. I didn't even know about it.

Anyone else running into Adventure Sync issues? I've walked over 22,000 steps today and it only counted 1.8km.

Last edited: May 18, 2019 at 11:28 PM
    Mega Altaria likes this.
  18. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I suppose I should add to my previous comment on the new releases that it would seem that Niantic has also gotten Burmy right, and it will change form in accordance with the area you find it in. That's three for three, or four for four if you count Cherrim, on proper usage of gimmicks. Good job, Niantic.

19. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight What do I do now?

Two shinies in two days, time for my shiny luck to evaporate : D

Nah, but for real, that was unexpected. Psyduck and Magikarp (now Gyarados). I've held onto a shiny Magikarp since the day it came out and was hoping for a better one because its IVs were suck-tacular. This one that I caught yesterday was 84%, you bet I jumped on that train.

I also missed the regional Shellos, but some friends got some, so maybe I'll get one? Probably not, but it's still in the pokedex. Also kinda perplexed as to why Cherrim is much more common than Cherubi. Other than that, I'm hoping to finally hit an Azelf raid tomorrow. I've had some bad luck trying to find people for the raid as of late, so I'm hoping there will be enough people around tomorrow, assuming they haven't all vanished for the summer, that is.

20. Mega Altaria

Hoping for it to come back. There's still a chance.

You can delete the task any time and go for an easier task for the stamp.

Thanks! Found Shellos, Hippopotas and Burmy on the radar but couldn't go out to catch them.