• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Hoping for it to come back. There's still a chance.

You can delete the task any time and go for an easier task for the stamp.

Thanks! Found Shellos, Hippopotas and Burmy on the radar but couldn't go out to catch them.
Here's to hoping!

I actually want this one. As it is for a Hitmonchan (which I don't have).

You're welcome! Dang that sucks.

Did a lot of walking today. Hope to do more tomorrow though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Here's to hoping!

I actually want this one. As it is for a Hitmonchan (which I don't have).

You're welcome! Dang that sucks.

Did a lot of walking today. Hope to do more tomorrow though.
Would keep on hoping. Maybe I can hatch a good one today.

Look out for Raids on Community Day as people can fill lobbies especially if it is Azelf.

Could find them and catch them soon! Maybe once I finish my Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Would keep on hoping. Maybe I can hatch a good one today.

Look out for Raids on Community Day as people can fill lobbies especially if it is Azelf.

Could find them and catch them soon! Maybe once I finish my Community Day.
Yep.

Might if it's near where I go on Community Day.

Good luck.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Might if it's near where I go on Community Day.

Good luck.
Yeah thanks. Usually a Level 5 Legendary raid will pop up near my local park during Community Day and a lot of people in the park do the raid. Often it gives out EX Raid Passes because of these raids. Won't be doing much until Community Day starts.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks. Usually a Level 5 Legendary raid will pop up near my local park during Community Day and a lot of people in the park do the raid. Often it gives out EX Raid Passes because of these raids. Won't be doing much until Community Day starts.
You're welcome.

I hope you have good luck. My area does every so often. Just hoping people will be there. Sometimes they are and sometimes they're not.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome.

I hope you have good luck. My area does every so often. Just hoping people will be there. Sometimes they are and sometimes they're not.
Yeah thanks. I think it's likely a Level 5 Egg will pop out at the Gym. Hopefully people will be there to do the raid. I guess I can find at least 10 shiny Torchic for the event.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks. I think it's likely a Level 5 Egg will pop out at the Gym. Hopefully people will be there to do the raid. I guess I can find at least 10 shiny Torchic for the event.
You're welcome. Yea, I at least had a shot when around 4-5 people showed up via a Giratina one. Hope you have luck at one yourself. Nice. I hope to try to at least find one and be able to evolve my Combusken into a Blaziken.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. Yea I at least had a shot when around 4-5 people showed up via a Giratina one. Hope you have luck at one yourself. Nice. I hope to try to at least find one and be able to evolve my Combusken into a Blaziken.
I don't think you'll need as many people for Azelf compared to Giratina. Thanks. Hope for another shot at an EX Raid Pass. Maybe so. I'm already finding more shinies in Community Days.

quake

Two shiny Torchic in the hour I got out before the rain so im happy! So ready to find out who is in June and finally my purple Swampert in July! Best of luck to everyone counting down to 3pm and to those who are still hunting!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Bit frustrated... just found out it might storm today. So really hoping that it doesn't during Community day. If so, I'll get out an incense and try to hunt a bit.

------------

Lucked out and got 3 shiny Torchics, evolved my Combusken into a Blaziken, got a 10km egg and a 2km one, some items and some gifts. :)

Anyone else running into some game lag today/gps lag? It's been a bit of a hassle playing. My guy at times wouldn't move, and when he did... he'd run when I was just walking. And trying to access the menu, it lagged. It seems to be making my phone run harder too. Not good.

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
It was pouring out today, so much so that even an umbrella wouldn't help, so I had to call it quits early on. Still got three shiny Torchics, enough candy to evolve one Torchic into a CP 2200 Blaziken, evolved Pokemon into Magnezone, Probopass, Leafeon, and Glaceon, and caught a Shellos. I also hatched a Sandshrew (Kanto form). Not bad.

Drummerdude

No shiny Aipom for me unfortunately but after the Detective Pikachu event I've had really good luck. I found a Hippopotas nest and managed to catch enough for Hippowdon but I have yet to evolve it. I have however evolved Eevee twice, Magneton and Nosepass thanks to other people placing the new lures. I've also caught a few Shellos, a male and female Burmy, a Cherubi and a Cherrim. I think that leaves Gible as the only new Pokemon I need not counting new evolutions of course. I've already accepted it will be awhile before I find one. I also caught seven shiny Torchic today though they were all pretty bad honestly.

So, so excited to see that the rest of generation four was released in Go. I've evolved & registered Leafeon, Glaceon, Probopass, and Magnezone, and caught & registered Overcast Cherrim. Today during Community Day, I found exactly three shiny Torchic, one at the last minute, which I was grateful for.

My new Pokedex total is 441.
149 Kanto, 98 Johto, 122 Hoenn, 70 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I had a busy weekend. Yesterday I traded for a Claydol under 1500 CP and then gave it Earth Power as a second charge move. I did a regular ranked tournament for great league and won that. The Claydol was used in almost every match. Today I first went to a Nightmare Cup that was about 35 miles away. Of the 9 who preregistered, only one did not show up so the tournament ended up having 8 players. I won 2 of the three rounds. The round I didn't win, I still won one game of the three game set. What was stupid was that I had to face the same opponent in round 2 and round 3. There was a valid set of pairings that could have been made so the 2 2-0s would play each other and no repeat opponents. This is something I plan on sending to Silph Arena staff because if it runs like the TCG and VGC, you aren't suppose to face the same opponent twice in Swiss. My performance got me to top 13% of players now for PvP.

Once the tournament was over I drove another 35 miles to where I went to play for community day. I got quite a few shiny, although none of them had good IVs. I evolved 3 shiny so I can do lucky trades. I did catch a nonshiny perfect Torchic which I promptly evolved. I also was able to evolve one nonshiny into a 1500CP Blaziken. I obtained 2 Shellos today, 1 Hippo, 1 trash Burmy ( Male ), and 1 plant Burmy ( Female ). One of my best friends knows it is my birthday tomorrow and knew I would be where they would be today so they got me a gift.
4VWbSxn3bN9btWWIzrbW-Ny_AXp4hexgCxF_ChMJhZxQzyin3nnvKE2APocsk-hQSH2-ofg6vkiZmbjunACw9jFiWcma0YAEGaqZ-cz5wSIX7iGiPm1kuKkJFgxZx0rRG2XQUfajxWQcjCxHncqGtjNu2SD8H7YhkBsUifZjNwjwnHATL7oWuqT26RZL0M9k44zFRNY2EY3lUu9CBK6EF7Cqnk4VF7Y4Fm7n-q0klGRwKqHHJHDDQVL0sEUWBGI_B_rKOrQktbcnP4WT4KwTKPukv6ZSpprFIvi7itfRAHilp5_84VnAfG5zL3lPAnT1ZrWaMWFH57u0M6yqyibRrAB5qJZYywW9zlE3nuV3Z3yahLewviqolZFsaoEax_Vw7iJk3gHW6zLsRrjOlKMsJ1urepMRqqpRrg_9_nKcQ9npmA9735HYODgaqn0QCBR5cS8BwZoPI7cWG-q7S6Po8Mi6ju7Ea_YfoUvZ95c-fn0AyrM06Gnc0DXvWCAb0cfg45y06TI2aAoWYhfdifspEnVBxy9Su8lltK9z2NsYvKb0bb01ceyw17XVE1eyA7sQIe5MHxnL_z8WkQmy3k-ZuEAugAmytss7eROCiDGMhjbt7JxNoOTSeWHVQbHq0OsBlqZ-WqdR-Ih5JkPWDJ43dmzXmRxGloU=w703-h937-no

I plan on wearing that days I go to my usual place to play.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Probably the best CD I've had in a long time:

-Caught 6 shinies (1 being good enough for me to justify evolving fully)
-Caught a perfect Torchic of a high level (you bet he's a big chicken now)
-Was able to participate in Azelf raids (yay!) and managed to get 3 for 3!
-Even managed to get another shiny Swablu
-Didn't get sunburned
-Evolved and obtained Probopass, Magnezone, Glaceon, and Leafeon. The latter two I was able to evolve shiny forms as well. Then another guy came up and showed me a flower crown Leafeon, so I totally copied him and evolved one too. Looks nice and if you get the chance, I say go for it!

I really needed this. Just some time to hang out and forget life for a few hours and even if I got a headache and had to leave early, I was still happy to be there. It's been a really rough week with worse news coming in today, so I'm trying to take the happy moments as I get them.

Hope you guys had a great CD too!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Today was interesting for me.

Most unusuaual was that during Community Day I somehow managed to capture a Shiny Roselia. On the surface, that's pretty cool, and continues my ridiculously lucky month and a half of legitimate Shinies, but on the other hand, if you read my last post about capturing a Shiny, you might remember that only a week ago I caught a Shiny Roselia. That's right, I somehow captured two of the same Shiny Pokémon in about a week's time without an event boosting them. How in the world is that possible? And honestly, it's a bit of a bumer. I already had four Shiny Roselia from the Safari Zone event that released them. Getting one Shiny Roselia without an event boost is alright, but getting two is just a waste. I could have gotten any other Shiny, that's what I got? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it is a little annoying.

For better news, I thought that my Community Day last month was crazy when I captured 7 Shiny Bagon, but today I somehow captured 10 Shiny Torchic. Seeing as I usually struggle to get more than two, and never really get more than four, 10 is a ridiculous number. That's approaching my insane outlier record of 12 Shiny Eevee from one of the Eevee Community Days.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Torchic Community Day was amazing. Not only did I catch 16 shiny Torchics in total but I caught 11 of them in the first hour of the three-hour window. I also found one at the very last minute of the event. Even managed to evolve two of them into Blaziken with the Community Day exclusive move Blast Burn.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Today was interesting for me.

Most unusuaual was that during Community Day I somehow managed to capture a Shiny Roselia. On the surface, that's pretty cool, and continues my ridiculously lucky month and a half of legitimate Shinies, but on the other hand, if you read my last post about capturing a Shiny, you might remember that only a week ago I caught a Shiny Roselia. That's right, I somehow captured two of the same Shiny Pokémon in about a week's time without an event boosting them. How in the world is that possible? And honestly, it's a bit of a bumer. I already had four Shiny Roselia from the Safari Zone event that released them. Getting one Shiny Roselia without an event boost is alright, but getting two is just a waste. I could have gotten any other Shiny, that's what I got? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but it is a little annoying.

For better news, I thought that my Community Day last month was crazy when I captured 7 Shiny Bagon, but today I somehow captured 10 Shiny Torchic. Seeing as I usually struggle to get more than two, and never really get more than four, 10 is a ridiculous number. That's approaching my insane outlier record of 12 Shiny Eevee from one of the Eevee Community Days.

You know you can always trade. There are still people in my area who are always up for shiny (and potentially lucky) Roselia.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
You know you can always trade. There are still people in my area who are always up for shiny (and potentially lucky) Roselia.

Maybe, but there's the fact that Shiny Roselia was massively boosted by an event, so most serious players have one already. And since I'm not personally acquainted with many people who play, I'd have to ask people at raids, which in my community is pretty much all serious players. I'm sure there's someone who wants one, but it would be hard to find that person.

Plus, in all honesty, I don't really enjoy trading too much. If I didn't catch something myself, then I don't feel too much a pride in it. A Shiny obtained in return for the extra Roselia wouldn't feel special to me.

Thanks for the suggestion anyways.

Last edited:
Today I caught my first Shellos while at work and also caught my first Latias from a Research Breakthrough. I'm pumped to have these two registered in my Dex, and I hope I can find some more Shellos soon to register Gastrodon!

My new Pokedex total is 443.
149 Kanto, 98 Johto, 123 Hoenn, 71 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.