• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
My 7km egg hatched into an Alolan Diglett, that became candy. Put in my 10km egg now to start working on it. Also caught a Shellder and then candied it.

Evolved one of my Eevees into a Leafon. I have a couple more candies to go before I can evolve my last one into a Glaceon.

Great, just great. Caught a Spoink and my game froze. /facepalm And now I lost a Pokeball and my last Pinap berry, and the Spoink isn't there. Now I'm really angry. That was a fair catch.

Last edited:

D*N

Musical Star
Going great these last days. Even though I was in rehearsal the whole community day, I had the chance to check my phone a few times to get everything I wanted. The first torchic I clicked on was shiny, so that was easy. Already had enough candy for a Blaziken, so check that off aswell. Somehow even encountered a shiny lotad during the community day.

Today I did a big grind using a lucky egg, getting 2 new best friends, 1 new ultra friend, evolving a lot of pokemon including registering Bastiodon, Luxray, Leafeon, Glaceon (both with nametrick), Magnezone and Probopass (bought the magnetic lure).

Also caught burmy, shellos and cherrim (But no cherubi anywhere?).

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
(But no cherubi anywhere?).

For some reason, Cherubi only appears under the influence of Mossy Lures, and not in the wild. You can also hatch them from 5 km eggs.

The best I can figure is that Niantic got a little lazy and didn't want to program the ability for Cherubi to evolve depending on the weather (it will only evolve into Overcast Form, no matter the weather when you catch or evolve the Cherubi), so they attempted to cover it up by making Cherubi more rare than Cherim.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Not too many new things but I after almost three years of Pokémon GO, I finally completed the Kanto Dex! All I was missing back then was Farfetch'd and I managed to get a trade for one. Still waiting for a Grass or an Ice Lure to pop up.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Got some good news today. Got another 10km egg and I got some items. Left a Pokemon in a Gym and caught a Bulbasaur, not the best, but its CP makes up for it, over 800, so I'm keeping it. Working on the previous 10km egg I have right now.

-------------

My shiny Metagross finally came home from a Gym I put it in. Lasted over 20 hours. Good job, Rod Sterling (a play on Rod Serling of Twilight Zone fame) :). Earned the last 30 or so coins I needed to get the add on I wanted. So now I can get 450 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Caught my first Shellos! Getting close to getting the Gold Medal for the Sinnoh Dex. Still have to catch Burmy, Cherubi and Hippopotas.

quake

So Slakoth is the CD Pokemon for June! That gives us Slakoth for June, Mudkip for July and in August I'm going with either Trapinch or Ralts (which would connect Gen 3 to Gen 4 before we get the Gen 4 CD Pokemon). My only reservation about Ralts is that it would have to be two CD only moves and 250 candies to get two shiny Ralts evolved

Drummerdude

I ended up doing 2 Azelf raids and a Shinx raid during the Raid Hour last night. I didn't see any Bronzor unfortunately. For some reason I've only been getting 5k eggs from stops which is making it difficult to hunt for Gible.

quake

Got my first lucky Pokemon today - traded a blast burn Charizard for a Gabite and both ended up as 98% after the trade. Needless to say we're both delighted! There haven't been any Bronzer raids though but plenty of Slakoth so I'm at least getting plenty of candies

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Did a bit of walking today, so now my egg is up to around 6.8km out of 10km. Used an incense, got nothing really useful from it, apart from a Finneon. Going to have to try to get a better one when I can though.

Just found out that Lapras Raid Day is from 11am to 2pm... and it's supposed to storm. Fml.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Found Shellos number 2 but I transferred it because its CP isn't as high as the other one. Didn't do any raids today so I could save another Raid Pass for Lapras Raid Day. Wish me luck for shiny Lapras!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Found Shellos number 2 but I transferred it because its CP isn't as high as the other one. Didn't do any raids today so I could save another Raid Pass for Lapras Raid Day. Wish me luck for shiny Lapras!
Nice! I've seen the outline of Shellos, but haven't run into it just yet. Good luck! Weather on my end is better than I thought it would be, so maybe I have a chance. And I don't... given that it's nearing 2pm. Bad idea to hold these events from 11 to 2pm, Niantic!

Did 25 laps today and now my egg is up to 9.1km out of 10km, so close!

Egg finally hatched, got a second Shinx, it's better than my first one, so I evolved it into a Luxray. Put in my other 10km egg to incubate.

And ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... just found out that Porygon's are back in 10km eggs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-29-pokemon-go-eggs-chart-hatching-2km-5km-7km-10km-eggs

I don't need them again! I don't need any more of them. *bashes head against a wall*

Last edited:

Drummerdude

I only did five Lapras raids today because I didn't want to use any Premium passes. No shiny for me but I was more interested in the experience honestly. I got a Latias from my Research Reward and I am still collecting the Win a Raid tasks to hopefully get a Shiny Bronzor. I did catch a Shiny Rattata yesterday which was exciting.

quake

Not much to report on today, didn't get to do any Lapras raids but did get a few tier one and two done but no shinnies from them. Got my last craniados candy so Rampardos is ticked off. Now I'm walking with Burmy and at 1km per candy I should fly through it

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
No shiny Lapras for me either. Honestly skeptical of the whole "1 in 10 chance" thing floating around. I only heard 3 out of a group of 40+ people say they found one, with those three finding multiples. Either way, I got a bunch of Lapras candy as well as a few really good Lapras so I'll keep my complaints to a mininum ;)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! I've seen the outline of Shellos, but haven't run into it just yet. Good luck! Weather on my end is better than I thought it would be, so maybe I have a chance. And I don't... given that it's nearing 2pm. Bad idea to hold these events from 11 to 2pm, Niantic!

Did 25 laps today and now my egg is up to 9.1km out of 10km, so close!

Egg finally hatched, got a second Shinx, it's better than my first one, so I evolved it into a Luxray. Put in my other 10km egg to incubate.

And ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... just found out that Porygon's are back in 10km eggs.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-04-29-pokemon-go-eggs-chart-hatching-2km-5km-7km-10km-eggs

I don't need them again! I don't need any more of them. *bashes head against a wall*
Haven’t started my Lapras Raid Day yet but will be starting in a few hours. Although it’s cloudy in my area, I don’t think it’ll rain but I think it’ll eventually clear up during the event.

At least halfway through my 7 km Egg at 4.1 km. Also I have walked at least 50 km for Adventure Sync this week again!

Don’t have Luxray yet but still spending Rare Candies on Shinx so that I can get it later.

RIP. I don’t really need Porygon in 10 km Eggs anymore. I can’t find Cherubi in my area but at least they’re in 5 km Eggs.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Haven’t started my Lapras Raid Day yet but will be starting in a few hours. Although it’s cloudy in my area, I don’t think it’ll rain but I think it’ll eventually clear up during the event.

At least halfway through my 7 km Egg at 4.1 km. Also I have walked at least 50 km for Adventure Sync this week again!

Don’t have Luxray yet but still spending Rare Candies on Shinx so that I can get it later.

RIP. I don’t really need Porygon in 10 km Eggs anymore. I can’t find Cherubi in my area but at least they’re in 5 km Eggs.
Ah. Hope you're able to get one!

Ah. Nice!

Sweet.

I know, who was the person who decided to put them BACK in? Ah I saw one today. Couldn't get to it though. Good to hear that they're in 5km eggs, maybe I can hatch one.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Hope you're able to get one!

Ah. Nice!

Sweet.

I know, who was the person who decided to put them BACK in? Ah I saw one today. Couldn't get to it though. Good to hear that they're in 5km eggs, maybe I can hatch one.
Yeah thanks! Haven’t heard of too much luck elsewhere. But still there’s hope!

Yeah I haven’t gotten that much in a week for a few weeks.

Still it’s a missing gap in the Pokédex.

I found a wild Porygon yesterday. But I transferred it because it didn’t have good IVs.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks! Haven’t heard of too much luck elsewhere. But still there’s hope!

Yeah I haven’t gotten that much in a week for a few weeks.

Still it’s a missing gap in the Pokédex.

I found a wild Porygon yesterday. But I transferred it because it didn’t have good IVs.
You're welcome! Yep.

Ah. I have a bit of a backlog right now lol. Last 10km egg for now though. Hope to run into more though.

Yep. Lucked out on my end. This one helped with getting the last candies I needed to evolve one and it has really good stats. So that's a plus.

Cool. Wish I found some good stuff. Used an incense last night and ran into mainly crap. Only good Pokémon I ran into was a Finneon and its stats weren't all that good.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome! Yep.

Ah. I have a bit of a backlog right now lol. Last 10km egg for now though. Hope to run into more though.

Yep. Lucked out on my end. This one helped with getting the last candies I needed to evolve one and it has really good stats. So that's a plus.

Cool. Wish I found some good stuff. Used an incense last night and ran into mainly crap. Only good Pokémon I ran into was a Finneon and its stats weren't all that good.
Would be lucky if I at least run into one.

Maybe I'll run into other Eggs once I hatch a shiny from a 7 km Egg.

Haven't done too many Shinx raids or hatched any from 10 km Eggs so I'm a bit slow with Shinx candies.

It was a once in a while moment. Most and if not, almost all of the stuff I ran into was common garbage anyway.