• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Would be lucky if I at least run into one.

Maybe I'll run into other Eggs once I hatch a shiny from a 7 km Egg.

Haven't done too many Shinx raids or hatched any from 10 km Eggs so I'm a bit slow with Shinx candies.

It was a once in a while moment. Most and if not, almost all of the stuff I ran into was common garbage anyway.
Yep. And to speak of the devil, I just spotted a Burmy... but it's at the cell phone place.

Here's to hoping!

Ah.

I see. Yea that's pretty much me too.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. And to speak of the devil, I just spotted a Burmy... but it's at the cell phone place.

Here's to hoping!

Ah.

I see. Yea that's pretty much me too.
Yeah sometimes I spot those things but I just can't get to them. Most of the time they're just really far.

I have hoped for long enough. Would be relieved once a shiny hatches.

Yeah, but still I have less than 10 candies to go to get Luxray.

I think it's for basically everyone who plays the game.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah sometimes I spot those things but I just can't get to them. Most of the time they're just really far.

I have hoped for long enough. Would be relieved once a shiny hatches.

Yeah, but still I have less than 10 candies to go to get Luxray.

I think it's for basically everyone who plays the game.
Yea and it makes it that much harder to fill out parts of the dex.

Agreed. It's a nice surprise to hatch one too!

Awesome!

Figured that, but they could have left it in a lower tier. So it doesn't interfere with trying to hatch stuff people actually need.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea and it makes it that much harder to fill out parts of the dex.

Agreed. It's a nice surprise to hatch one too!

Awesome!

Figured that, but they could have left it in a lower tier. So it doesn't interfere with trying to hatch stuff people actually need.
True but then at least that's why Rare Candies got introduced.

I would be but I hatched another Wynaut from a 7 km Egg! But unfortunately it wasn't shiny.

Just got a Luxray! All the Lapras raids helped with getting the Rare Candies necessary to get Luxray.

Did my Lapras Raid Day! Out of 8 raids, I got two shinies in a row! One had 96 IV, which is very close to 100! Unfortunately there weren't any other shinies.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
True but then at least that's why Rare Candies got introduced.

I would be but I hatched another Wynaut from a 7 km Egg! But unfortunately it wasn't shiny.

Just got a Luxray! All the Lapras raids helped with getting the Rare Candies necessary to get Luxray.

Did my Lapras Raid Day! Out of 8 raids, I got two shinies in a row! One had 96 IV, which is very close to 100! Unfortunately there weren't any other shinies.
Yep. Those helped me with getting a Gyarados and have helped with building up Mareep candies towards getting an Ampharos.

Dang that's frustrating.

Awesome! Congrats.

Nice! At least you were able to luck out there. Sadly was too busy to head up to any on my end. So onto hoping I can get one via this last 10km egg, or at least get something I need from it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. Those helped me with getting a Gyarados and have helped with building up Mareep candies towards getting an Ampharos.

Dang that's frustrating.

Awesome! Congrats.

Nice! At least you were able to luck out there. Sadly was too busy to head up to any on my end. So onto hoping I can get one via this last 10km, or at least get something I need from it.
I think I did use some to help get Gyarados but I mostly used Pinaps and the Buddy feature to get more candies.

Yeah, walked a lot so I would get quite a bit of dietance.

Thanks! Now I have 77 for my Sinnoh Dex, so I got three more to get 80 for the Sinnoh Gold Medal.

Still better than nothing. So no need to hatch 10 km Eggs for Lapras and to worry about the Win 5 Gym Battle Research Tasks from last month! And also the Sentosa Safari Event (even though I haven't found a shiny Shuckle yet)!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think I did use some to help get Gyarados but I mostly used Pinaps and the Buddy feature to get more candies.

Yeah, walked a lot so I would get quite a bit of dietance.

Thanks! Now I have 77 for my Sinnoh Dex, so I got three more to get 80 for the Sinnoh Gold Medal.

Still better than nothing. So no need to hatch 10 km Eggs for Lapras and to worry about the Win 5 Gym Battle Research Tasks from last month! And also the Sentosa Safari Event (even though I haven't found a shiny Shuckle yet)!
Cool.

Nice.

You're welcome.

Yep. I'm still on the hunt, and it's why I'm not happy that a certain pink Pokémon is back in the 10km pool. I hardly get those eggs as it is. I only found out about that either towards the end of that event or afterwards. Would have loved to have gotten that one though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Cool.

Nice.

You're welcome.

Yep. I'm still on the hunt, and it's why I'm not happy that a certain pink Pokémon is back in the 10km pool. I hardly get those eggs as it is. I only found out about that either towards the end of that event or afterwards. Would have loved to have gotten that one though.
Don't know if other Pokémon have been affected though. Still hoping that Lapras is still there and you'll have the luck to hatch a shiny Lapras.

Pretty much done for today but will be taking on Gyms later on and to prepare Gifts.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Don't know if other Pokémon have been affected though. Still hoping that Lapras is still there and you'll have the luck to hatch a shiny Lapras.

Pretty much done for today but will be taking on Gyms later on and to prepare Gifts.
Yea, but saw someone over on Reddit another person who's run into two Porygons in a row with it. I checked and it is still there.

Nice! I have to do some more Gift work myself. Hoping to try tomorrow. I have a slot open as well... so hoping my luck continues.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea, but saw someone over on Reddit another person who's run into two Porygons in a row with it. I checked and it is still there.

Nice! I have to do some more Gift work myself. Hoping to try tomorrow. I have a slot open as well... so hoping my luck continues.
Well that's a bit unlucky. Don't think it's happened to me before.

But I don't have to do much Gifting because I sent most of my Gifts during Lapras Raid Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Well that's a bit unlucky. Don't think it's happened to me before.

But I don't have to do much Gifting because I sent most of my Gifts during Lapras Raid Day.
Yep. And I've beaten that before, last time it was there. Got three of them in a row O_O. Ah.

Nice! I get them when I can, since I'm on limited data. My main gifting day is usually on Community day, but I try to get at least a gift or so otherwise when I'm able to.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep. And I've beaten that before, last time it was there. Got three of them in a row O_O. Ah.

Nice! I get them when I can, since I'm on limited data. My main gifting day is usually on Community day, but I try to get at least a gift or so otherwise when I'm able to.
Not so lucky. Maybe one day you won't hatch these Porygons.

I gift every day for XP and to get give 7 km Eggs and to raise friendship levels for trades and raids quickly.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Not so lucky. Maybe one day you won't hatch these Porygons.

I gift every day for XP and to get give 7 km Eggs and to raise friendship levels for trades and raids quickly.
Here's to hoping. Have had more luck recently though.

Nice! I'd do the same if I had unlimited data. So it comes down to doing the best I can.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Here's to hoping. Have had more luck recently though.

Nice! I'd do the same if I had unlimited data. So it comes down to doing the best I can.
But it could as well still continue.

Yeah but I have a good amount of Best Friends already. Gotten quite a lot of friendship boosts from Lapras Raid Day anyway but no Lucky Friends.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
But it could as well still continue.

Yeah but I have a good amount of Best Friends already. Gotten quite a lot of friendship boosts from Lapras Raid Day anyway but no Lucky Friends.
Yep.

Ah nice. I have one so far, we did our best to time it so we'd both get the 200k in terms of XP too. Made sure to use a Lucky Egg right before hand.

D*N

Musical Star
Got a big exp boost from the Laprass raid day, no shinies but that's okaay. Also finally got a clampearl to evolve in gorebyss after 3 huntails and got absol from a research task. With that I got every pokemon I am able to get right now from the first 3 generations except unown.

Im also going good with generation 4 so yay

Drummerdude

I took advantage of Niantic's mistake this morning and got in 4 raids before they stopped giving me free passes. I also got to successfully take part in an EX Raid as well which was a nice xp boost. I'm only 250k away from Lv38 so hopefully I can get an Ultra Friend or two soon to get me there.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I took advantage of Niantic's mistake this morning and got in 4 raids before they stopped giving me free passes. I also got to successfully take part in an EX Raid as well which was a nice xp boost. I'm only 250k away from Lv38 so hopefully I can get an Ultra Friend or two soon to get me there.
Nice! Hope you can get there. Just wish there was an EX Raid that was closer in where I'm at. Generally don't even bother thinking about them due to driving distance.

Just walked up to a Poké Stop, got some items, a couple of gifts and a 2km egg. Also saw a wild Snorlax! Wasn't able to catch it though. Evolved my one Eevee into a Glaceon and my Snover into an Abomasnow.

Last edited:
Reactions: D*N

quake

All my tier one raids are Slakoth and all my tier two raids are misdrevious. I'd love to see a Clamperl or even a Bronzor raid before this event is over

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Ah nice. I have one so far, we did our best to time it so we'd both get the 200k in terms of XP too. Made sure to use a Lucky Egg right before hand.
Having one Best Friend is still better than nothing. Didn’t Lucky Egg during Lapras Raid Day but still got a lot of EXP.

Found another Shellos again. Looks like they spawn a bit more often than I thought. Found Burmy another time on the radar but just couldn’t get to it.