• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

@quake Sorry it's only the Adventure Sync rewards that get extended, not the boosted fossil Pokémon and Rock-type Pokémon spawns and Adventure Week Research.
Ah thought so! and here I thought we were getting another week to not get lucky with three shinnies!

Also just saw, Niantic are redoing Slakoth CD for Europe due to the spawn issue. Apparently it was due to the weather feature and it stopped Slakoth from spawning like it should have! At least we're getting a second shot at it!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah thought so! and here I thought we were getting another week to not get lucky with three shinnies!

Also just saw, Niantic are redoing Slakoth CD for Europe due to the spawn issue. Apparently it was due to the weather feature and it stopped Slakoth from spawning like it should have! At least we're getting a second shot at it!
Yeah would have liked an extension for more chances at the three shinies.

Yeah I heard of the issue and I think it’ll be on later this month. I have seen that no Slakoth spawned in Europe, the Middle East and Africa during Slakoth Community Day. In my area there were network issues on some phones especially during the first half of Community Day (not Niantic’s fault but at the fault of telecommunications companies) that prevented them from playing or even logging into Pokémon GO. Fortunately I was able to play for the entire three hours.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Yeah would have liked an extension for more chances at the three shinies.

Yeah I heard of the issue and I think it’ll be on later this month. I have seen that no Slakoth spawned in Europe, the Middle East and Africa during Slakoth Community Day. In my area there were network issues on some phones especially during the first half of Community Day (not Niantic’s fault but at the fault of telecommunications companies) that prevented them from playing or even logging into Pokémon GO. Fortunately I was able to play for the entire three hours.
I wonder if that'll happen like it did last year at the end of the year? It would be cool if it did.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I wonder if that'll happen like it did last year at the end of the year? It would be cool if it did.
Still not yet confirmed but I would like it to happen. Pretty sure Europe, the Middle East and Africa is getting another Slakoth Community Day due to issues that prevented Slakoth from spawning.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Still not yet confirmed but I would like it to happen. Pretty sure Europe, the Middle East and Africa is getting another Slakoth Community Day due to issues that prevented Slakoth from spawning.
Yea I know, was just saying in general. Cool. Had a lack stateside too, but at least I got a pair of eggs during the event and it seems as if Adventure Sync is working ok now. How is Adventure Sync doing on your end now?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea I know, was just saying in general. Cool. Had a lack stateside too, but at least I got a pair of eggs during the event and it seems as if Adventure Sync is working ok now. How is Adventure Sync doing on your end now?
I don't think it works on my end because I haven't received these messages but I still got at least 70 km of distance and got my 50 km rewards. I walked a lot over the week because of shiny hunting and Community Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don't think it works on my end because I haven't received these messages but I still got at least 70 km of distance and got my 50 km rewards. I walked a lot over the week because of shiny hunting and Community Day.
Ah. Well that's frustrating. Have you tried setting up a workout? That sometimes helps on my end when it's acting up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Well that's frustrating. Have you tried setting up a workout? That sometimes helps on my end when it's acting up.
I gave it a reset. I'll see if it works or not. But I can still get my rewards again by walking quite a bit while Pokémon GO is on.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I gave it a reset. I'll see if it works or not. But I can still get my rewards again by walking quite a bit while Pokémon GO is on.
I hope it works out! *fingers crossed*

Up to around 10km on my end, so it looks like I'll get my 5km reward.

quake

I hope they do another end of year CD, or just another Eevee community day!

On a side note with this event going on and Im not one to ever complain about not getting a shiny but here are my stats:
Lileep - started with 36 seen and at end of event seen 222 and no shiny (186 checked)
Anorith - started with 58 seen and at end of event seen 329 and no shiny (271 checked)
Combined, 457 fossils checked and no shinnies

Now I know there is still tomorrow and it does come down to luck but at this point I know it wont happen. It just doesnt feel good when you've put so much effort into a week long event to get nothing but theres a trainer in my town who has 2 shiny onix, 1 lileep and 3 anorith (going off of what he has left in the near by gyms as of now).

I think I may pull back being so active in these events right now which is a shame

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope it works out! *fingers crossed*

Up to around 10km on my end, so it looks like I'll get my 5km reward.
I don’t think it still works.

Still found a couple more Onix and the fossil Pokémon but no shinies. I know some got really lucky but there are a lot of people who aren’t so lucky with this event this time.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I don’t think it still works.

Still found a couple more Onix and the fossil Pokémon but no shinies. I know some got really lucky but there are a lot of people who aren’t so lucky with this event this time.
That sucks :(. It seems to be working on my end.

Ah that's me too, minus the Onix. Definitely. I keep on running into Lileep O_O.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That sucks :(. It seems to be working on my end.

Ah that's me too, minus the Onix. Definitely. I keep on running into Lileep O_O.
I think it might work one day.

Still no shinies. Might as well call it a day. Ran into a lot of Lileep too because of the Sunny Weather Boost. Still proud of shiny Cresselia anyway.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I think it might work one day.

Still no shinies. Might as well call it a day. Ran into a lot of Lileep too because of the Sunny Weather Boost. Still proud of shiny Cresselia anyway.
I hope it does.

Ah. At least you got a Cresselia. I got none.

Planning on walking some more today to finish hatching the egg I have in the incubator.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I hope it does.

Ah. At least you got a Cresselia. I got none.

Planning on walking some more today to finish hatching the egg I have in the incubator.
Yeah I hope so.

Event ended so no shiny fossils and Onix from Adventure Week. But still going for shiny Raikou, Entei and Suicune anyway! Still have research from the event left to do.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah I hope so.

Event ended so no shiny fossils and Onix from Adventure Week. But still going for shiny Raikou, Entei and Suicune anyway! Still have research from the event left to do.
Yep.

Dang, that's the same here. Cool. Hope you luck out with that. I still have 2 more stamps left.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yep.

Dang, that's the same here. Cool. Hope you luck out with that. I still have 2 more stamps left.
I hope shinies come out from that Research too. Reminds me of how lucky I got shiny Feebas after the end of Feebas Research Day.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
I hope shinies come out from that Research too. Reminds me of how lucky I got shiny Feebas after the end of Feebas Research Day.
Here's to hoping! I ended up tossing the three star raid one as it was just for a Dratini (I already have a shiny one), and I got the event one. Now I have the win any raid and the two Excellent throws in a row. First one won't be as much of a pain as the second lol.

Don't know how I'll pull off an Excellent curveball for a pair of other research I have to do. It's hard enough doing a straight Excellent throw.

The 7km egg finally hatched... into a Magby. Evolved it and then put in my 2km egg into incubate. Got the new egg to hatch and it was a Chimchar. So now I just put in my last 2km egg into the incubator.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I am living for these boosted spawns, let me tell you! My local POGO has exploded with shinies and I was hoping I'd have some good fortune too. Turns out I did. I got three shinies, all of which I didn't have before, and I ended up hatching a perfect (not shiny) Geodude! The shinies I caught ended up as Drifloon, Snubbull, and Geodude, oddly enough, so while I can't be in Chicago, at least I can still get some cool things. I've got a friend bringing back Pachirisu as well as another bringing back Chatot, so unless something falls out, I'll hopefully get two more regionals very soon! I'm just having a fun time watching people freak out over their shinies though. Makes me smile.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Nice. Been seeing the usual spawns, as in now higher ones. Found a Magikarp... but I couldn't click on it and a couple of times it de-spawned. Anyone else running into similar issues?

Just found and caught a 1218cp Wailmer! :)

Last edited: