• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

quake

My streak of bad luck has finally ended!! I managed to do one Kyogre raid and it turned out to be shiny! 94% and my first shiny legendary!

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Anyone else running into issues with Google Fit tonight? It was working fine until just a bit ago. Now it's not syncing and it's not letting me start a workout. So there shoots Adventure Sync along with finishing hatching the 10km egg I was working on.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it... and now it's unable to even sync my account to it /facepalm. I'm thinking Google is down. Adventure Sync still works amazingly though. Moved up to 9km from 8.8km.

The egg finally hatched... got a Feebas. And I finally finished up the last research task and caught a Latios. :)

Last edited:

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I did a walk today to refill my egg space. Walked for 45 minutes. Got 2 eggs. What. Now I have to open gifts and get spammed with 7km eggs that don't have anything I need in them. Or I could just not open gifts today. I definitely have friends that don't open my gifts for months on end. I'm sure some of them can wait ONE day for a friendship increase. I also caught a Chansey, hooray!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did an Alolan Raichu raid all by myself. It was a bit challenging but I defeated it right when the timer was down at zero so I just barely beat it. Caught it and I felt proud about it. And it was also weather boosted.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Did an Alolan Raichu raid all by myself. It was a bit challenging but I defeated it right when the timer was down at zero so I just barely beat it. Caught it and I felt proud about it. And it was also weather boosted.
Awesome! What did you use to take it down?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Awesome! What did you use to take it down?
Had Tyranitar, Golem, Groudon and Origin Forme Giratina to take down Alolan Raichu. I'd say the one who performed the best out of them was Origin Forme Giratina, which had Shadow Claw and Shadow Ball.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Had Tyranitar, Golem, Groudon and Origin Forme Giratina to take down Alolan Raichu. I'd say the one who performed the best out of them was Origin Forme Giratina, which had Shadow Sneak and Shadow Ball.
Awesome! Glad it did so well. Here's to hoping that they release Giratina as research some day.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Awesome! Glad it did so well. Here's to hoping that they release Giratina as research some day.
Yeah I think it will happen because Kyogre and Groudon got announced for Research. Have two more chances at shiny Ho-Oh and Lugia.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Just hopped in-game to complete my third day streak. I was about to click on a random Doduo, but a Ponyta suddenly spawned behind and I clicked on it instead.

Well, Ponyta turned out to be shiny and I was desperately looking for one to transfer over LGPE. I'm beyond surprised how randomly that happened.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Got a good haul today. Did precisely one (1) Kyogre raid during Dinner Hour, caught it. Then I walked around with a friend for awhile. Then, at 8pm sharp, I suddenly see all these silhouettes clogging my screen and I look down and see that I had stumbled into a Hippopotus nest! I've never even seen one in the game before, so I spent the next half hour tracking enough down to evolve one. Earlier that day, I managed to hatch a Cherubi, which was another thing I didn't have before. So I got 3 new Pokemon in one day. Now all I need is a Gible...

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Done my part for Raikou Raid Day. Found only one shiny but it had 100% IV! My first perfect shiny Pokémon in Pokémon GO and it's a Legendary. Currently up to the 4th panel and still need to hatch two more Eggs for an extra shiny Eevee.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I managed to do 7 Raikous in a little over an hour before I ran out of passes and my phone was running low on power. That's still pretty good. No shiny, but I was really in it for the exp instead. I'm up to the "hatch 3 eggs" part of the special research. That'll take another day, since I had nothing running at the time I got the research, and I only have 5 and 10km eggs and no Super Incubators. All this massive exp is gonna get me up to level 39 for sure!

quake

Average day today but I am up to the only psnrl I need is catch a legendary Pokemon and I'll have my shiny Eevee! Now to save it for Sylveon or get Umbreon as it's my favorite eevolution

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Hatched the two remaining Eggs and got myself a shiny Eevee. Planning on evolving it into Sylveon when it comes out. There's one more shiny Eevee I'm planning to evolve into Leafeon but no grass lures have been popping around. I already have shiny Eeveelutions of the others. Went on to do my three trades and sent five gifts. All I need to do is to take a photo of an Eevee so that I could go onto the final panel. But also got a 100% IV Groudon!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Finally got to evolve one of my Misdreavus into a Mismagius. Thank Arceus it stayed evolved after the game crashed during its evolution. /facepalm

quake

So there's a lot of people coming to my town this time of year because it's a good holiday spot. Got chatting with a guy who was interested in my lapras from 2016 because it would be lucky if I traded it. I've been saving it for something good and he offered me a shiny Eevee. So now I have my own shiny Eevee turned into Umbreon and I have a lucky shiny Eevee ready for Sylveon :)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Good news: Saw a Girafarig

Bad news: It was late at night and it spawned at a place I can't get to

Thanks Niantic! :p

I hope I have more luck tomorrow.

----------------

Had some luck today, was able to get some items and a gift from a Poké Stop and catch some Pokémon.

Last edited:

quake

So 359 Eevees later and I found a shiny one today. That makes my grand total of three shiny Eevees in the same week (one special research, one trade and one wild). Hopefully my luck will keep going now!