• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Thanks. I'll see how it'll go. I would be thrilled if I got the shiny on the first go.
You're welcome. I hope it's shiny too.

If I ran into that research, I wouldn't have the patience for it... I'd toss it XD.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Been on vacation since Saturday.. Have gotten 3 Hundo's since then!

Weepinbell from a quest, Lucky Ralts (f) from a regular trade that turned out lucky and just now a wild Chimchar at lvl30 (partly cloudy), so at the max level possible during that particular weather!

My 2nd hundo Chimchar, but literally twice the cp of my first (which is lvl15 from a quest!)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. I hope it's shiny too.

If I ran into that research, I wouldn't have the patience for it... I'd toss it XD.
Yeah thanks. These tasks are very rare these days and it's a delight sometimes they pop up near me.

There's some Hatch 5 Eggs research for three Rare Candies in the way and I would like to clear them for room for more research and to get some Candies to max out my 100 IV Groudon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah thanks. These tasks are very rare these days and it's a delight sometimes they pop up near me.

There's some Hatch 5 Eggs research for three Rare Candies in the way and I would like to clear them for room for more research and to get some Candies to max out my 100 IV Groudon.
You're welcome. Can relate, it's nice to get a good one. I appreciate when I run into doable ones.

Sweet, good luck on it.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
You're welcome. Can relate, it's nice to get a good one. I appreciate when I run into doable ones.

Sweet, good luck on it.
Yep I got that Spinda task. No shiny Spinda for that, but there's time to find more of them. But hatched my fifth Egg and got the Rare Candies so I cleared more space for Research.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Try out 4* to find your 100 percent Pokémon and then try out 0* to find your 0 percent ones. I have none of the former and plenty of the latter, fml. :p

This is usefull information, thanks. I also have no 4* but a lot of 3* including my shiny lucky bagon so it's not bad.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yep I got that Spinda task. No shiny Spinda for that, but there's time to find more of them. But hatched my fifth Egg and got the Rare Candies so I cleared more space for Research.
Dang. Hope you can find more. Nice! I still have to work more on the 5 km egg I'm working on, it's up to 3 km right now... but the heat is making it harder to work on hatching any eggs.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Dang. Hope you can find more. Nice! I still have to work more on the 5 km egg I'm working on, it's up to 3 km right now... but the heat is making it harder to work on hatching any eggs.
Unfortunately there aren't any around so I have to wait over the coming days. Still got to hatch that 7 km Egg and I'm almost halfway through it at 2.8 km. But yeah I feel the game lags more when it's hotter outside.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Unfortunately there aren't any around so I have to wait over the coming days. Still got to hatch that 7 km Egg and I'm almost halfway through it at 2.8 km. But yeah I feel the game lags more when it's hotter outside.
Well that stinks :(. Nice. Yea it does... thankfully it hasn't been as bad lately on my end *fingers crossed*. Not going to be doing much until the heat breaks though. Not worth risking my phone or my data for that matter. Stay safe! When your phone gets too hot, it makes the processor run more and it uses more data.

I'm hoping things will work out for community day though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well that stinks :(. Nice. Yea it does... thankfully it hasn't been as bad lately on my end *fingers crossed*. Not going to be doing much until the heat breaks though. Not worth risking my phone or my data for that matter. Stay safe! When your phone gets too hot, it makes the processor run more and it uses more data.

I'm hoping things will work out for community day though.
Mostly why I mostly play during the evening because it's not as hot and it runs a lot better during then.

Still I found three Spinda tasks in places nearby. Went for these three but I didn't get shinies from them.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mostly why I mostly play during the evening because it's not as hot and it runs a lot better during then.

Still I found three Spinda tasks in places nearby. Went for these three but I didn't get shinies from them.
That's generally me too, either that or before noon.

Nice! Too bad on that though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
That's generally me too, either that or before noon.

Nice! Too bad on that though.
Yeah it also isn't that nice to feel the phone overheating when playing during noon.

I hope there will be quite a few Spinda tasks near me next time.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yeah it also isn't that nice to feel the phone overheating when playing during noon.

I hope there will be quite a few Spinda tasks near me next time.
Nope. I ran into that in the afternoon, don't want to run into it ever again.

I hope so too. (Not on my end though, as I'd just throw them away.)

Long time, no see, GO recent happenings thread! Since my last update eons ago, I have registered to my Pokedex Groudon through a Research Breakthrough, Cherubi from an Egg, and Bastiodon, Rampardos, and Luxray from gaining candies through having their pre-evolutions as my Buddy. I also caught my first Sunny Cherrim, as I previously only ever found its concealed form. Finally, yesterday I caught my first Hippopotas. Now, I have a Burmy as my Buddy to gather candies for Wormadam and Mothim. I love that it only requires 1km per candy.

Also, I rather enjoy the new charged move system in pvp that went live today. Battled Candela and really enjoyed it.

My new Pokedex total is 454.
149 Kanto, 98 Johto, 125 Hoenn, 80 Sinnoh, and 2 Unknown.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nope. I ran into that in the afternoon, don't want to run into it ever again.

I hope so too. (Not on my end though, as I'd just throw them away.)
My phone lags more just around midday, both before and after.

Haven't found any near me so far but I hope it goes well soon.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
My phone lags more just around midday, both before and after.

Haven't found any near me so far but I hope it goes well soon.
Ah. Yea mine was around the afternoon sometimes.

Just tried out that new battling setup, thought it would be bad, but it ended up being ok. My phone runs it fine, surprisingly.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
It's been in the high 90s here, so I've just been turning on Adventure Sync and going in to work and getting some distance in, catching one Pokemon to get my daily registered, and opening gifts. I have no idea how Sunday's gonna go, but if swarms of people show up in single digit weather, then I'm sure they'll show up in potentially triple digit weather. Also, still no Gible.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Ah. Yea mine was around the afternoon sometimes.

Just tried out that new battling setup, thought it would be bad, but it ended up being ok. My phone runs it fine, surprisingly.
Right.

Haven't tried the new PvP stuff yet but I'll see how that goes. I don't think it'll be too bad.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Right.

Haven't tried the new PvP stuff yet but I'll see how that goes. I don't think it'll be too bad.
Yea it should. It's not as insane as I thought it would be. It's kind of like Yo Kai Watch.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Yea it should. It's not as insane as I thought it would be. It's kind of like Yo Kai Watch.
Yeah those move build up minigames. Adds a bit more flavour to PvP battles and not so much about tapping like Raids and Gym Battles. Might give it a try later.