• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

GO Recent Happenings Thread

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Good news, found a Team Rocket stop
Bad news, it despawned right after I spun it

Got some items and gifts from it though.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Did my Suicune raid day, but I didn't get any shiny Suicune. Must have been a very unlucky day compared to the luck I had with the GO Fest event last week. But at least I got a 96 IV Suicune.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
Raid Day today was kind of a bust. The original plan was to do 12 raids. Add a Lucky Egg or two on top, and that would be 240,000 EXP. But just before 4pm, it started downpouring. By the time it let up, I could only do 5 raids. Furthermore, I found it really hard to find groups to raid with, and the ones I did raid with had very weak players in them. Most of the raids took the entire 300 seconds to beat it. So, my Lucky Egg only counted for two of those raids. So instead of 12 Suicunes and 240,000 EXP, I wound up with 3 Suicunes (1 shiny) and only 70,000 EXP. I'm assuming this will be the last Raid Day for awhile, so back to the grinding stone for me.

Drummerdude

I only ended up doing 5 Suicune raids but I did manage to get a shiny from one of the raids. Plus I hit Ultra/Best Friends with a few people during the event so I got about 600k xp during the 30 minutes my Lucky Egg was going. Almost halfway through 39 now.

Drummerdude

I'm currently on the 2nd stage of the Jirachi Quest but it is going to take a few days to walk with Feebas but I'm in no rush. Last night during the raid hour I managed to get two Shiny Rayquaza in my first two raids. I did a third to see if I could keep the streak alive but it was green.

The Teller

King of Half-Truths
I'm also on the second stage of the Jirachi quest. Managed to stumble upon two Whismurs already. When I caught the free Feebas, I shut my eyes before looking to see how many Feebas candies I actually had. It's not good. Only 36 candies. I know the water event is coming up and that'll help speed things up, but I want a Jirachi noooooooooowwwwww! I have some Rare Candies that'll help, but I kinda wanna save them for the Unova Pokemon (under the assumption that I'll find exactly one Klink in the wild). I also want to get rid of all these eggs (5, 7, and 10km) so that I'll have space for the Unown eggs that I'll undoubtedly never get. So basically I have to do a lot of walking for the foreseeable future. Fun.

I always have the worst shiny luck, but today was awesome. As I was walking to my car on campus today, I found both a shiny Swablu and shiny Alolan Diglett within a few minutes of each other. It was such a surprise. I swear I never find any shinies despite playing everyday lol, especially never 2 in one day outside of Community Days. Overall, it was such a nice surprise!

quake

I'm also on the second stage of the Jirachi quest. Managed to stumble upon two Whismurs already. When I caught the free Feebas, I shut my eyes before looking to see how many Feebas candies I actually had. It's not good. Only 36 candies. I know the water event is coming up and that'll help speed things up, but I want a Jirachi noooooooooowwwwww! I have some Rare Candies that'll help, but I kinda wanna save them for the Unova Pokemon (under the assumption that I'll find exactly one Klink in the wild). I also want to get rid of all these eggs (5, 7, and 10km) so that I'll have space for the Unown eggs that I'll undoubtedly never get. So basically I have to do a lot of walking for the foreseeable future. Fun.
I have over 200 feebas candies but no wishmur spawning which is killing me! As far as I know Klink is raid exclusive similar to when Shinx was released

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Went up to a stop today, caught a couple of Pokemon, got some items, a 5 km egg and a couple of gifts.

Was able to hit a couple of gyms and another stop. Battled and did one raid. Sadly a Jynx raid needs 2 or more people. Got its health down over 3/4ths of the way... but I needed someone else to get it down the rest of the way. Got some items and a gift or so.

-----------------------------------------

Went up to a stop today, caught some Pokemon, got the last research stamp I need, got some items and a gift. Also caught a Groudon.

Last edited:

quake

Today has been one of my better days. Finally got enough candies to evolve my shiny Magikarp from months ago, also got enough candies to evolve my shiny Poliwhirl into politoed and while going for a walk by the beach I found a shiny Carvanah which I evolved into a Sharpedo right away!

Out of all the upcoming Shiny Pokemon I'm only hoping to catch Gligar since it's one of my all time top six Pokemon and always on my team in the main games!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Faced off against Rayquaza... alone. As usual, no one was at the raid. So no Rayquaza for me. Also got some items, a gift and caught some Pokemon.

quake

Found a shiny Poliwag today which is great as I only caught one last time so now I can have a shiny poliwrath also! Also we get flower crown Eevee for breakthrough research...unless the shiny rate is increased then that's a bit random

KeK

I recently got back to pokemon go after 2 years and today I managed to catch my first shiny and it was Rayquaza during the 1 hour special today. Good thing I managed to find mates to raid otherwise it would be impossible for me.

DR.gonzo

Rural player, completing the 7 day research usually takes me awhile, I have 2 pokestops in my village .

Just got a flower hat eevee . The most underwhelming encounter I’ve had to date, this was available in the wild not so long ago. once again Pokémon Go low balling it’s players . FU Niantic .

1 gym in my area, and never anyone around to do 5* raids so I rely on research for my legendaries. And I’m just learning we’ve got 2months of this. Time to take a massive brake from this game .

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
You're not alone on that one. Generally no one shows up at raids where I'm at either. It's generally pure luck and chance when I do run into any raids with others in them. I'm not even bothering with this month's reward. Like you mentioned, it takes awhile to complete research.

Last edited:

D*N

Musical Star
Did one last Rayquaza raid today to say goodbye. I have one shiny so that's enough.

I've been focused on the Jirachi quest. I opened a Meltan box for the catch 50 steel/psychic pokemon task and used the metallic lure thingie to attract steel pokemon. I'm only one pokemon away from the next step now.

And of course, I've been focussed on the ultra bonus. This first week the only really interesting thing for me is the unowns. I've walked all the 7 and 10 km eggs I had so I only have 2 and 5 km left. Making it quicker to get new eggs with possible unowns. I also have one spot open right now, so I'm not opening any gifts or spinning any stops till the unowns are in the game! Let's be lucky this ultra bonus!

snormunch15

Do we know what time the ultra week starts? I haven't spun a pokestops in or opened a gift in like a week so I'd have as few eggs as possible